www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 01-01-20, 08:06   #71
AshySlashy
Student

Unhappy *.wad2 saving problem

Hi.
A few days ago I got interested in level building and I'm just starting to get familiar with Tomb Editor. I think I might have an issue with WadTool. When I load in already existing *.wad or create a new *.wad2 file, I can edit and save it in *.wad2 format and use in my level. However, if I open already existing *.wad2 file and change something in it, I can't save it because "save/save as..." functions are inactive.
Idk if someone else has this issue or it's just me.
Old 01-01-20, 11:21   #72
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Are you sure you're using 1.2.9? This bug was in 1.2.8 but fixed since then.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 12:04   #73
AshySlashy
Student

Smile Thank you

Thanks for the reply.
I haven't seen that there is the 1.2.9 version. Now it works fine.
Old 01-01-20, 14:39   #74
GabrielCroft
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
With TE sounds are not WAD dependant, but level dependant. If you want to modify some sound's properties, you can do that in the XML you're using in your project.
Thank you, but about the missing sounds, how can I add them to the wad?

Old 01-01-20, 15:04   #75
Joey79100
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
Thank you, but about the missing sounds, how can I add them to the wad?
As I said, it's not WAD dependent anymore.

The sounds are selected, so they're "added" to the level, but TE can't find any info for them.
By the looks of it, you've imported a NGLE project into TE, and consequently it only loaded the SAM/SFX (don't remember which one it is) file from your WAD as the only reference catalog from which it borrows the sound properties. And this file probably didn't have these sound infos at all, because you didn't assign them to the WAD before.
What you can do is add sounds.txt as a secondary catalog (so the file already present remains the priority one), because it has all infos for all slots. This way it will fill in the blanks (well, the reds).

Why do I insist on the fact that sounds are not WAD dependent but project dependent? Because even if you rebuild the SAM/SFX files, and thus the properties for these sounds are added to it, if the sounds weren't selected in your project to start with (in the screenshot you've shown), then they wouldn't have been selected (added to the level), unless you manually selected them or used the Autodetection.
This is useful in case you're not using SAM/SFX files but only sounds.txt for all your projects. In this case you can just modify the properties in sounds.txt when you need to without having to rebuild SAM/SFX files (kinda like TR2/TR3's MAIN.SFX file), and then every project has its list of used sounds selected only (because obviously we can't add every sound to the level file, that would crash the game). So let's say one day you want to change all Lara's sounds properties (or even just a single sound like a switch), you only change it once in sounds.txt, and it will affect all levels without having to rebuild SAM/SFX files.

Last edited by Joey79100; 01-01-20 at 15:05.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-01-20, 16:12   #76
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Joey is right.

Some nonexistent sounds can be "missing" if you've used autodetect option. The reason is, autodetect option automatically selects lots of hardcoded sounds (these are primary object-specific hacks, like "if raising block is activated, play rumble sound in loop" etc.). Many of these may not be present in sam/sfx files because corresponding objects weren't added for this particular wad/level, ergo they were not marked for this particular level in sounds.txt, so info is absent in sam/sfx after wad compilation.

TE can't predict which level contains which object (and even if it could, we don't want to plunge it into same hardcoded hell as tomb4 itself), so it just lets you know that your sam/sfx files are missing these sounds. In game you simply won't hear any of those cause engine silently ignores missing hardcoded sounds.

Anyway, I would recommend to move on from using compiled sam/sfx files to either .txt (if you like editing your sounds in old-school way with text editor) or .xml (if you like to use SoundTool).
Old 01-01-20, 18:22   #77
GabrielCroft
Archaeologist

Ohhhh now I get it.
So I'm using the sounds.txt as the only reference and I never imagined messing with TRLE sounds could be so simple!
Gotta love TombEditor
Thank you guys, once more!
Old 11-01-20, 15:47   #78
SSJ6Wolf
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by JMN View Post
Recently moved to Windows 10 and now I can't even start WadTool. Here's the log:

Code:
[19:36:29.935  INFO] TombLib.Utils.Logging | WadTool version 1.2.8.0 is starting | 
[19:36:29.953  INFO] TombLib.Utils.Logging | TombLib Git Revision: Head: refs/heads/master
Commit-Hash: 37dbc826ba37e8f1555185a8720f65eb2735a4eb
Git-Describe: v1.2-1322-g37dbc826
 | 
[19:36:30.010  INFO] TombLib.Rendering.DirectX11.Dx11RenderingDevice | Dx11 rendering device creating. | 
[19:36:30.134  INFO] TombLib.Rendering.DirectX11.Dx11RenderingDevice | Dx11 rendering device created. | 
[19:36:30.345 FATAL] TombLib.Utils.Logging | Unhandled exception | System.TypeInitializationException
The type initializer for 'TombLib.Graphics.DeviceManager' threw an exception.   at WadTool.FormMain..ctor(WadToolClass tool)
   at WadTool.Program.Main(String[] args)

System.BadImageFormatException
An attempt was made to load a program with an incorrect format. (Exception from HRESULT: 0x8007000B)
   at SharpDX.D3DCompiler.D3D.D3DPreprocess_(Void* arg0, Void* arg1, Void* arg2, Void* arg3, Void* arg4, Void* arg5, Void* arg6)
   at SharpDX.D3DCompiler.D3D.Preprocess(IntPtr srcDataRef, PointerSize srcDataSize, String sourceNameRef, ShaderMacro[] definesRef, IntPtr includeRef, Blob& codeTextOut, Blob& errorMsgsOut)
   at SharpDX.D3DCompiler.ShaderBytecode.Preprocess(IntPtr shaderSourcePtr, Int32 shaderSourceLength, ShaderMacro[] defines, Include include, String& compilationErrors, String sourceFileName)
   at SharpDX.D3DCompiler.ShaderBytecode.Preprocess(String shaderSource, ShaderMacro[] defines, Include include, String& compilationErrors, String sourceFileName)
   at SharpDX.Toolkit.Graphics.EffectParser.Parse(String input, String fileName)
   at SharpDX.Toolkit.Graphics.EffectCompiler.InternalCompile(String sourceCode, String fileName)
   at TombLib.Graphics.DeviceManager..ctor()
   at TombLib.Graphics.DeviceManager..cctor()
[19:36:33.608  INFO] TombLib.Utils.Logging | WadTool has exited cleanly. |
I just figured out how to fix this error, but the fix is a bit technical. You will need to download the .NET developer package first. Then find corflags.exe and get the path to it. Run this in the windows Command Prompt (without the brackets):
[path to corflags.exe] "[path to wadtool.exe]" /32BITPREF-

I'm typing this from memory but hopefully that works. Basically it tells the program to stop trying to run as a 32-bit program, which doesn't work on a 64-bit system.

To the TE developers: Please uncheck the "Prefer 32-bit" build setting next time you compile WadTool!

Last edited by SSJ6Wolf; 11-01-20 at 17:42.
SSJ6Wolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-20, 17:58   #79
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Thanks a lot for that, it seems these flags were turned on for quite a lot of time now. It will be fixed in 1.2.10.
Old 12-01-20, 11:33   #80
TokyoSU
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
Thanks a lot for that, it seems these flags were turned on for quite a lot of time now. It will be fixed in 1.2.10.
hmm what person as turned "prefer 32-bit" while TombEditor and the tool are for 64bit in the first place