www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 14-12-19, 07:15   #21
dg1995
Explorer
 
dg1995's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2019
Posts: 565
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
You know what really annoyed me about this game and Chronicles, why on earth did they add that long and annoying tutorial that teaches you everything EXCEPT the new stuff they added to the game (other than rope swinging). How am I supposed to know Lara can open doors with crowbars or certain ones on the floor or ceiling by herself, move dead bodies, or that I can boost my motorcycle with some weird items.

The first 3 games at least had basic rules with how you can interact with the world, Last Revelation just made it up as it went along but had the nerve to include a tutorial telling you how to jump
Imo first TR games also didn't tell you everything.

1.They never told you that you could pull levers to open doors.

2.They never told you that you could use different keys to open doors.

3.They never told you that you can turn 180 degree while doing a wall jump.(Which that caused me to spend like 1-2 hours near the final sections of TR 2)

4.They never told you that sometimes you have to do a standing jump to reach some platforms.

5.They also never told you that you can hang from the slope platforms.

6.They also never told you that sometimes you have to use your guns to destroy some objects in order to progress.

7.And finally they didn't tell you that by walking you can avoid getting killed by spikes.
dg1995 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 19:47   #22
Stryke
Hobbyist
 
Stryke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 77
Default

So do you guys think Von Croy was still possessed by Set in the end?
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 19:50   #23
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: 空境の家で。SoraSakaiís House
Posts: 2,445
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stryke View Post
So do you guys think Von Croy was still possessed by Set in the end?
No, otherwise why would he search for Lara in Chronicles, give her the backpack he found in the novel, and invite her to his house in AoD?
__________________
[𝔁 = Lara Croft], [𝔂 = Tomb Raider], [𝔃 = Anniversary].
Tomb Raidering is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-12-19, 22:56   #24
Stryke
Hobbyist
 
Stryke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 77
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
No, otherwise why would he search for Lara in Chronicles, give her the backpack he found in the novel, and invite her to his house in AoD?
True and I thought about that. There's something about the last scene though. Give a jackel your hand...., Von Croy asks for her hand to help. Approaching with his head down, his red staff, can't really see his eyes. I think she didn't take his hand on purpose. Maybe he's not possessed anymore. Maybe a spirit of him still linger in him? idk just weird. Then the beginning of AOD with the red eyes. Then Lara said..."Egypt Verner you left. There was no pity". But he showed pity when searching for her backpack. After he dies she has her backpack again. Maybe she found it? Then they go back to a TR1 reference with the jackels (dogs) and take the backpack. It's kinda hard to say when AOD started I'm trying to figure it out.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 07:11   #25
Joey79100
Professor
 
Joey79100's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2012
Location: France
Posts: 2,987
Default

At the end of TR4, when the temple collapsed, he took his hat off in sadness. There was no one watching him, so no reason for him to fake that, so it could only have been himself.
In AOD, it's irrelevant, simply because it wasn't even meant to be Von Croy originally but Jean-Yves (he's the one who left her for dead without looking for her). And the backpack could just be a new one she bought between Egypt and AOD, it's just a backpack after all. And the TR1 reference... No, I think you're thinking too much about it.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 11:07   #26
Stryke
Hobbyist
 
Stryke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 77
Default

No no no! The backpack is the same actually. This is one of the biggest gripes I have with Tomb Raider fans. They really don't understand the backpack. There is no way that's a new backpack. And it's not just a backpack. The only time you see it again in AOD is in the cutscene. And saying AOD is irrelevent is a stretch because it is still a classic made by the same studio who made the other classic. I think that's kinda unfair to write off AOD. The opening scene alone shows it's allegiance. You ever notice Lara's new backpack in AOD? How it actually doesn't have any buckles? No gold nor orange. Perfect for the new setting imo. People now like to make Lara with silver like Anniversary and that's wrong imo. And it is important to the original LC imo.

There doesn't have to be anyone watching him so he can fake it. In my opinion, he could still have been possessed. That's why she asked. And I think she grabbed the ledge with the other hand on purpose and didn't take his hand because she would have had her hand ripped off. I think they showed the staff with red eyes in the beginning of AOD on purpose to go back that story at the end of AOD. I also think there was some time between TR4 and AOD because Von Croy looks older to me. Maybe in between that time with all of his business clients he got that spirit fully removed. I'm just speculating of course.

I'm going off what was finally produced for the public and it was Von Croy no Jean-Yves. I think they had a problem with him in Chronicles, right?

And I believe I'm spot on with the TR1 reference. In every Tomb Raider they always refer to the first. They did it in TR2, TR3, TR4, and TR6.

Last edited by Stryke; 15-12-19 at 11:29.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 11:22   #27
Stryke
Hobbyist
 
Stryke's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2019
Posts: 77
Default

I'm glad you said it's just a backpack because that's they way Lara looked at when she lost it to the dogs. I wondered why for a bit. Then I had to remember Lara's hair. They backpack gives her something or some type of ability that a normal human can't do. They hint at this sometimes in TR1 TR4 and AOD. When she loses it, it's like she loses some type of ability. From AOD, it looks like it was strength or loss of unlimited strength.
Stryke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-12-19, 14:00   #28
Samz
Relic Hunter
 
Samz's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Location: Helheim
Posts: 5,620
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaraCablara View Post
You know what really annoyed me about this game and Chronicles, why on earth did they add that long and annoying tutorial that teaches you everything EXCEPT the new stuff they added to the game (other than rope swinging). How am I supposed to know Lara can open doors with crowbars or certain ones on the floor or ceiling by herself, move dead bodies, or that I can boost my motorcycle with some weird items.

The first 3 games at least had basic rules with how you can interact with the world, Last Revelation just made it up as it went along but had the nerve to include a tutorial telling you how to jump
Yeah I like greater interactivity but the problem with TR 4/5 is that what non-standard objects Lara can interact with/shoot is massively inconsistent.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Imo first TR games also didn't tell you everything.

1.They never told you that you could pull levers to open doors.

2.They never told you that you could use different keys to open doors.

3.They never told you that you can turn 180 degree while doing a wall jump.(Which that caused me to spend like 1-2 hours near the final sections of TR 2)

4.They never told you that sometimes you have to do a standing jump to reach some platforms.

5.They also never told you that you can hang from the slope platforms.

6.They also never told you that sometimes you have to use your guns to destroy some objects in order to progress.

7.And finally they didn't tell you that by walking you can avoid getting killed by spikes.
Thats not really a fair thing.

Sure walking by Spikes is only said in the manual.

But theres' a difference between "I have to shoot a fire extinquisher, despite no other one in the series reacting to being shot, to blow open a door" and "Oh hey there's an obvious keyhole, I picked up a key earlier, I wonder if I can interact with it?"

"Hey there's this pipe-thing on a wall that sticks out, can I interact with it?" and "I guess I'll press Action near those alarms on the ceiling, that aren't fire detectors, with a torch equipped.) are not the same thing.
Yeah some of Lara's moves like the 360 jump turn are a bit obtuse but it's a consistent thing throughout the entire series, that move always exists.
__________________
"What does it mean to be a Tomb Raider?,It means to collect artifacts for sport"

Last edited by Samz; 15-12-19 at 14:04.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 13:54   #29
Greatest TR
Explorer
 
Greatest TR's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: England
Posts: 892
Default

No doubt Tomb Raider 4 is a true tomb raiding and probably one of the best in Tomb Raider franchise. Tomb raider 3 is always will be my favourite but can't denied that Tomb Raider 4 is what it is supposed to be, after its in Egypt with full of Tombs. Nothing wrong with back tracking, I think that is fun and realistic.
I mean, we backtracking everyday in our life. if you not complaining about that then sure you won't be complain in the game

I must complete Tomb Raider 4 atlease four or six times since 1999 on playstation. I'm looking forward to play it again but on Dreamcast version this time. Tomb Raider 4 is the game that definitely test your skills, knowledge and patience, failing on that, then you not a true TR fan
__________________
Rest in Peace - rr_carroll

Last edited by Greatest TR; 16-12-19 at 14:02.
Greatest TR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-12-19, 18:41   #30
Woops
Explorer
 
Join Date: Oct 2017
Posts: 961
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Greatest TR View Post
No doubt Tomb Raider 4 is a true tomb raiding and probably one of the best in Tomb Raider franchise. Tomb raider 3 is always will be my favourite but can't denied that Tomb Raider 4 is what it is supposed to be, after its in Egypt with full of Tombs. Nothing wrong with back tracking, I think that is fun and realistic.
I mean, we backtracking everyday in our life. if you not complaining about that then sure you won't be complain in the game

I must complete Tomb Raider 4 atlease four or six times since 1999 on playstation. I'm looking forward to play it again but on Dreamcast version this time. Tomb Raider 4 is the game that definitely test your skills, knowledge and patience, failing on that, then you not a true TR fan
So are you calling yourself a fake tr fan?

anddddd you don't get to tell people they're "not true fans" either. just saying.


-

I gotta say Happy Birthday TR4, the only good part was Lara dying.
Woops is online now   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 17:20.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.