Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures, Shows and Shorts

Old 06-09-19, 02:15   #41
shockwave_pulsar00

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I'd love. To be risky and R rated but I do think it will stay PG-13 for wider audience appeal. The fun thing about having Amy and Ben this time is not knowing what to expect because all of their films have been quite dark and weird.

I have watched Ben and Amy's back catalogue of films and to be honest a few of them haven't appealed to me but they are all pretty dark, atmospheric and bleak which has me excited for what could potentially happen.

I really liked Kill List and Free Fire.

After seeing Kill List and A Field in England the Baba Yaga storyline from Rise would really fit his previous works his supernatural themes are routed in reality which is why they've probably also chose Amy and him. In A Field in England they base the supernatural element around witchcraft but its induced by hallucinogenic mushrooms and in Kill List most of the horror stems from a pagan cult but all the while these paranormal occurrences are grounded.
Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
I can't believe both signed on for PG-13 material when they clearly are R-rated creatives.

To be fair, Warner Bros have been on an "R" rating kick lately. Joker, Birds of Prey and Suicide Squad 2 will all be rated R...so there is a chance this film could be as well. I mean the games are rated "M" in the states, so it's not like they'd be moving away from the source material. Maybe they got Ben and Amy interested in doing the project because they are allowed to go a little darker.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya Brennan View Post
Keeley Hawes cameo, please and thank you.
She's working with him on his "Rebecca" adaptation/remake....so it's entirely possible!

Last edited by shockwave_pulsar00; 06-09-19 at 02:26.
shockwave_pulsar00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 03:42   #42
GeekOfComedy

Problem with R rating is there’s absolutely nothing mature about Tomb Raider unless they add gratuitous violence but that won’t do much for the story like it doesn’t help Resident Evil or the Inderworld movies . Nothing about her as a character study contains R rated content like The Joker and his mental health etc
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 03:54   #43
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
I think with Wheatley especially prepare to see a more highly stylized Lara Croft which I'm excited for. Barbie Raider is back and that's fun for a film.

Gays, go pick your outfits now.

I definitely think she'll be fully in a braid this time.

I think something like TR3 Nevada's outfit could be popular, it's such a cool look it'd be popular for Halloween but I'd expect a tank top OR even a T-shirt (I think that with small sleeves would look better than a tank) with the camo trousers rather than mid-riff.
Gods I hope you are right, I am rejoicing at the thought
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 04:43   #44
GeekOfComedy

He’s not really an awards director like Roar so I think this will be a **** it bat**** crazy film which can work out if made well but I don’t think it will be as nuanced as 2018 which is a shame because I like how seriously they took the character. I think this will be much more pulpier which is why I’m fearful of the worst case scenario of it playing like an Underworld movie.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 06-09-19 at 04:44.
Old 06-09-19, 05:02   #45
SoraSakai
Inactive

I didn’t find the 2018 film to be nuanced at all.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 05:08   #46
Ellioft

Quote:
He’s not really an awards director like Roar so I think this will be a **** it bat**** crazy film which can work out if made well but I don’t think it will be as nuanced as 2018 which is a shame because I like how seriously they took the character. I think this will be much more pulpier which is why I’m fearful of the worst case scenario of it playing like an Underworld movie.
You forget Alicia position, it's her who change the tone of Geneva draft to make something more serious.
Ellioft is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 13:20   #47
GeekOfComedy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ellioft View Post
You forget Alicia position, it's her who change the tone of Geneva draft to make something more serious.
Yeah but Alicia’s not directing. And I doubt Wheatley will let her back pedal and tell him to point the camera there, there, hold that shot in editing for nuance etc.

I really liked the “reflections” after the action sequences - I think it brought a lot of humanity to the character and it’s rare to see that in action movies at all and reviewers did praise those moments. Lara catching her breath after the parachute or the moment of reflection after she drowned that guy in the swamp. That’s nuance.

Last edited by GeekOfComedy; 06-09-19 at 13:22.
Old 06-09-19, 16:49   #48
SoraSakai
Inactive

Quote:
Yeah but Alicia’s not directing. And I doubt Wheatley will let her back pedal and tell him to point the camera there, there, hold that shot in editing for nuance etc.

I really liked the “reflections” after the action sequences - I think it brought a lot of humanity to the character and it’s rare to see that in action movies at all and reviewers did praise those moments. Lara catching her breath after the parachute or the moment of reflection after she drowned that guy in the swamp. That’s nuance.
Those two examples you listed were rushed and edited horribly in my opinion. But matter of opinion I guess, if you felt they worked then that’s nice.
SoraSakai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 19:25   #49
Tonyrobinson

I do hope we get some nice creature effects in this and they will involved some sort of supernatural element. When you see what It Chapter two was able to do with its CGI on a 70M budget we can see how it could stretch well under the right hands.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-09-19, 19:35   #50
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I do hope we get some nice creature effects in this and they will involved some sort of supernatural element. When you see what It Chapter two was able to do with its CGI on a 70M budget we can see how it could stretch well under the right hands.
Totally agree with this. We need dinosaurs or supernatural creatures at least to some degree. Didn't the original leaked script of the first movie have a dragon? That could have been fake though.

But regardless, I think in order for this movie to really take off and do better than the last one, we need to see it go big, and supernatural creatures or dinosaurs with some dual pistol action would be a great way to do that. The end of the first movie was such a tease, give the people what they want now
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote