Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 27-10-16, 21:06   #5761
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Originally Posted by ashka View Post
Trae was built on the same engine. It's unlikely that FR had lara hidden inside coz it's a bit older but you never know
From what we have been told a Lara Croft model was put into the Free Running engine as a very early prototype/concept of TRAE. This is confirmed in various interviews. I can fully confirm from the vertices(I have loaded) and mesh name "Lara" there is a 99% chance the model is left-over and still present in the retail Free Running game fils. Not forgetting, Free Running was delayed after Core Design was sold it's likely that during the time Free Running was completed, Core Design continued to work on the game fixing minor bugs and some where a long the line the assets for the build which Lara Croft was a playable character was some how merged resulting in it being in the final release.

Other than that, I really don't know but yeah, there really is a Lara Croft model in Free Running.

Cheers.
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-16, 21:08   #5762
VictorXD

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Gh0stBlade and I were talking about Lara so to me it seems pretty obvious that ashka is, as well. Perhaps some close-up screenshots of her model or maybe pics of the highpoly PS2 model? (Though I'm not sure if they ever even started work on that.)
Eeeh, ash highlighted the ONE in someone, which to me implies it is not Lara.

We'll have to wait to see though ash you little tease
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-16, 21:08   #5763
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gh0stBlade View Post
From what we have been told a Lara Croft model was put into the Free Running engine as a very early prototype/concept of TRAE. This is confirmed in various interviews. I can fully confirm from the vertices(I have loaded) and mesh name "Lara" there is a 99% chance the model is left-over and still present in the retail Free Running game fils. Not forgetting, Free Running was delayed after Core Design was sold it's likely that during the time Free Running was completed, Core Design continued to work on the game fixing minor bugs and some where a long the line the assets for the build which Lara Croft was a playable character was some how merged resulting in it being in the final release.

Other than that, I really don't know but yeah, there really is a Lara Croft model in Free Running.

Cheers.
Oh how cool!
Well we will be publishing 3 screens of TRAE's Lara and a couple of other models soon so once you get the code working we can compare them!
ashka is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-16, 21:11   #5764
VictorXD

#dead

Can't wait!
VictorXD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-16, 21:12   #5765
Gh0stBlade

Quote:
Oh how cool!
Well we will be publishing 3 screens of TRAE's Lara and a couple of other models soon so once you get the code working we can compare them!
I cannot wait
Gh0stBlade is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-16, 21:23   #5766
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
#dead

Can't wait!

We honestly worked really hard to get this stuff. It's very difficult to get this out of people who try to move on since TR didn't end very well for them. One of the guest on one of the TR20 events, for example, was criticized for her work very badly and as a result it took me years to get an interview with her and it was a huge surprise when she attended the event. This is not directed at you Victor, just for other people on previous pages.

Even Murti is a prime example, took him years to finally release stuff (YES WE HAVE TONS OF AOD STUFF TO PUSH OUT AS WELL, STARTING TOMORROW) because of criticism that AOD had. So the comments like "ugly " or "hideous" screenshots from clearly a work-in-progress Maya Viewport does not make it easier for us to receive more material. If it is something that you don't enjoy sometimes it is probably for the best to just ignore. These people don't get paid for sending us stuff, and frankly I don't get paid for publishing it or organising events. Whoever sends us stuff thinks that fans still want to see their work.
I particularly often link Core members to TRF threads with praise to Core but then there's always a post or two with something really mean and horrible. Basic self-awareness would go a very long way. Remember, people who did the artwork can also go online and read your comments. Took us ten years to finally get some media, let's just appreciate it?

But yes we are lucky to receive this stuff and we hope for more.
PS. @Victor, no Natla unfortunately but we have someone else
Old 27-10-16, 21:55   #5767
noonbob

Quote:
Oh how cool!
I'm so excited !!! I hope I wake up to these screenshots
Thank you for sharing all this amazing work and please thank those who provided you with it
noonbob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-16, 21:58   #5768
ashka

Quote:
Originally Posted by noonbob View Post
I'm so excited !!! I hope I wake up to these screenshots
Thank you for sharing all this amazing work and please thank those who provided you with it
It will not be tomorrow, we want to balance stuff a bit since we have a LOT of things to publish and don't want people to miss any of them. But it won't be too long until we publish it I promise.
Tomorrow - some details on Vasiley's timeline
Old 27-10-16, 21:59   #5769
Lyle Croft

Omg! Thank you so much Ashka, and thanks to those you contacted.

I love seeing the process behind everything. It's so fascinating.
I can't wait
Lyle Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-10-16, 23:23   #5770
trin_303

Quote:
We honestly worked really hard to get this stuff. It's very difficult to get this out of people who try to move on since TR didn't end very well for them. One of the guest on one of the TR20 events, for example, was criticized for her work very badly and as a result it took me years to get an interview with her and it was a huge surprise when she attended the event. This is not directed at you Victor, just for other people on previous pages.

Even Murti is a prime example, took him years to finally release stuff (YES WE HAVE TONS OF AOD STUFF TO PUSH OUT AS WELL, STARTING TOMORROW) because of criticism that AOD had. So the comments like "ugly " or "hideous" screenshots from clearly a work-in-progress Maya Viewport does not make it easier for us to receive more material. If it is something that you don't enjoy sometimes it is probably for the best to just ignore. These people don't get paid for sending us stuff, and frankly I don't get paid for publishing it or organising events. Whoever sends us stuff thinks that fans still want to see their work.
I particularly often link Core members to TRF threads with praise to Core but then there's always a post or two with something really mean and horrible. Basic self-awareness would go a very long way. Remember, people who did the artwork can also go online and read your comments. Took us ten years to finally get some media, let's just appreciate it?
I urge everyone to read this (I'm quoting again cause we're on a new page) and think before commenting on someone's work not just here, but anywhere online really. Small things that might seem unimportant can have a huge impact on someone.
trin_303 is offline   Reply With Quote