Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 21-05-19, 12:57   #551
Topixtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post

I would like to setup something similar to what ExCore did in that level, with guardians flying across a chasm, if possible, to get to your location. If not possible, then i could just use lethal floor below.
I'm sorry, but ExCore used guardians exactly in just one room with lethal floor I think you got confused
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-19, 18:00   #552
Danath

I didn't explain it properly, i meant the same type of setup, with guardians flying towards you, but with a chasm.
Seeing that it is not possible, it will just have to be lethal floor, if i end up making it.
Danath is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-19, 18:38   #553
Topixtor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I didn't explain it properly, i meant the same type of setup, with guardians flying towards you, but with a chasm.
Seeing that it is not possible, it will just have to be lethal floor, if i end up making it.
Oh then yes - making a deep chasm is almost impossible but lethal floor works fine
Topixtor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-05-19, 19:19   #554
Danath

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by Topixtor View Post
Oh then yes - making a deep chasm is almost impossible but lethal floor works fine
Thanks for confirming it.
Old 22-05-19, 09:13   #555
DaroRaider

Danath, if one of your 9 levels can recreate something like a Temple of Xian, you deserve a medal!
You are doing it quite well looking these screenies.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-05-19, 17:06   #556
Danath

Talking

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaroRaider View Post
Danath, if one of your 9 levels can recreate something like a Temple of Xian, you deserve a medal!
You are doing it quite well looking these screenies.
Wow, don't go crazy. I'm not a pro designer, i doubt i can reach that level.
Hopefully this game feels to people as something original that i created, something of my own signature, not the same as other/official levels.

Thank you, glad you like it.
Old 23-05-19, 14:53   #557
DaroRaider

Hahaha, it's okay, I just said , Temple of Xian is my favourite level of tr2 and maybe my wishes to see another similar work make me crazy! Aside this..

By the way I just finished playing at the level of "Escape from the floating islands", dude ... I do not think it's trolling us ... it's an excellent level, I discard it being a troll's work because anyone with that talent It is reasonable to show with your name and surname and with all the pride of knowing that you are talented. I do not know, it's what I think ...
But decidedly the level is very good, it is someone who has years of experience and that is not his first project.
Hope to see another work of this ex core member!

Last edited by DaroRaider; 23-05-19 at 14:59.
DaroRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-19, 15:43   #558
Titak

Quote:
Temple of Xian is my favourite level of tr2
Same here.
The whole scale of the place, the different areas. I love it.

If I would ever consider remaking levels from TR1-TR3, then Temple of Xian is definitely on my list.
Knowing myself I probably wouldn't be able to contain the whole thing in one level though...
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-05-19, 18:36   #559
Danath

Wink

Quote:
Hahaha, it's okay, I just said , Temple of Xian is my favourite level of tr2 and maybe my wishes to see another similar work make me crazy!
Understandable, it's such an amazing level. Probably the best of TR2, or one of the best at least.
My last temple level will be different to that, the entrance is on the surface as opposed to Xian. But maybe some part of the level will remind people of Xian...and that's all i'm going to say about that. I want it to be a surprise.

Quote:
By the way I just finished playing at the level of "Escape from the floating islands", dude ... I do not think it's trolling us ... it's an excellent level, I discard it being a troll's work because anyone with that talent It is reasonable to show with your name and surname and with all the pride of knowing that you are talented. I do not know, it's what I think ...
The technical ability and design are sure the work of someone talented, even professional, that i agree with.
But i don't agree at all with the score it has right now. There's excessive difficulty right out at the beginning, the trap at the end is straight bs, etc... To me it has some serious flaws in the gameplay side.
Old 28-05-19, 23:45   #560
Danath

Smile Bit of progress

I had a little break from the editor, i have returned to it now even if i don't have the gamepad back yet. But hey, at least i can test if the game is winnable with keyboard.

Didn't advance it a lot, but at least i know how to use the big bowl that throws hot metal now, so that can be included in the level.
Turns out activating that item triggers an automatic flipmap command by itself.

Had more issues with my friends the portals, a big vertical area was crashing and had to reduce the portals there.

There's 28 minutes of playtime by now.