Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 26-04-17, 14:49   #6151
Zebra

To be fair, Von Croy's flat was pretty big (and I don't remember it being "dirty") and real estate prices in Paris are notoriously high so I think you'd have to quite well-off to be able to afford it. But yeah, it still felt off for Von Croy. It also didn't make a whole lot of sense that he'd accept contract work from the Cabal IMO. I think it could've fit better if he was somehow more deeply involved with them (without fully knowing what was actually going on).
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-04-17, 16:53   #6152
Caesum

Von Croy's flat itself was big, but even then the environment and the apartment block itself were far from "luxurious". I mean c'mon, he has a ****ing industry in USA and he is a famous archaeologist yet for some reason lives in such a shady place with most buildings around derelict. I really think they should have given him an apartment in a hotel, where Lara could meet him. That would have made more sense.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-17, 09:21   #6153
Wooxman

Maybe VCI got bankrupt after Lara stole the Iris. Or Von Croy being the head of a multi million dollar enterprise isn't canon (keep in mind that Chronicles created a few other plotholes like Pierre falling into the deadly pit and still being alive and kicking at the time TR I takes place) or he wasn't the actual owner of the company but the other old dude, who probably was his brother, was the head of VCI. This would also explain why Von Croy was in Egypt and searched for the Amulet Of Horus instead of doing manager things.
Wooxman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-17, 11:48   #6154
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Maybe VCI got bankrupt after Lara stole the Iris. Or Von Croy being the head of a multi million dollar enterprise isn't canon (keep in mind that Chronicles created a few other plotholes like Pierre falling into the deadly pit and still being alive and kicking at the time TR I takes place) or he wasn't the actual owner of the company but the other old dude, who probably was his brother, was the head of VCI. This would also explain why Von Croy was in Egypt and searched for the Amulet Of Horus instead of doing manager things.
True enough... I suppose one might assume that, as these were stories told by people who weren't actually there to witness the events first-hand, there could be inaccuracies and embellishments here and there. (Though Von Croy actually not being the owner of a huge multi-national corporation would be a pretty big inaccuracy but oh well . Who's telling the VCI story again? If it was Winston, we could just chalk it up to his senility .)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Von Croy's flat itself was big, but even then the environment and the apartment block itself were far from "luxurious". I mean c'mon, he has a ****ing industry in USA and he is a famous archaeologist yet for some reason lives in such a shady place with most buildings around derelict. I really think they should have given him an apartment in a hotel, where Lara could meet him. That would have made more sense.
I did say that it still felt off for Von Croy so I don't disagree with you there.
Old 28-04-17, 11:54   #6155
SLAYER

The apartment looked good enough, even if the in-game presentation was dark and grim. He was at staying at "the Chantel building". Sounds like an upper class apartment building and not just a random building with a number for an address (unless that's the norm in France?).

Werner is a "world famous adventurer" in the TR universe. His father/family being rich doesn't change that. I think he was in a similar situation to Lara, family wise. The more I think about him, the more parallels to Lara I see. The events of TR4 onwards were probably just as devastating to him, emotionally and maybe financially too.
SLAYER is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-17, 18:09   #6156
Blackmoor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
In my mind Chronicles' storylines aren't canon - because I find them containing these kind of implausibilities. I found it really odd that Von Croy supposedly owned some industry in the US... so in my mind he doesn't. Personally I only like the TR4 Von Croy.

In AoD, I do remember thinking what a huge apartment he had and wondering why he was based there. I think a hotel apartment would have been a better idea.
Blackmoor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-04-17, 19:31   #6157
Anakzunamuhn

Or maybe he is the owner of a mega multimillionaire industry, but at the same time an obsessive collector, so someone (Karel) offered a very substantial job to Werner, and when he began to understand the dangerous business in which he was involved, decided to hide in an unknown department and call for the only one who he can trust.
Anakzunamuhn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 14:35   #6158
Hazelphoenix

Previously unseen trailer! https://youtu.be/mx41OtNOy9Y
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 14:42   #6159
JoelCaesar

Oh cool!
JoelCaesar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-17, 15:03   #6160
Zebra

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazelphoenix View Post
Previously unseen trailer! https://youtu.be/mx41OtNOy9Y
OMG ! There's a tiny bit of Croft Manor footage in there ! A shame the video quality is so bad, though .