www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 03-05-13, 03:10   #31
sapper
Archaeologist

The garbage values do no harm because the engine must get the meshtree offset from the moveables table but removing them does decrease the size of the wad.

These values are one of the reasons why wadmerger wads are not compatible with TRwest.

Josep Borut made some tools that can fix this problem. One way is to use his TRWad reorganizer program to rebuild the wad. This program was made before NG objects/v130 so not sure if it processes them correctly so have a backup before using the program.

I also have a feature in my MeshTree editor program to clean out these values. Also make a backup before using my program.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 08:11   #32
TeslaRus
Student

Default upd

1) I forgot to enable static build and engine requires an additional dll. I fix that trouble and some little bugs and reupload it to SF.
2) I can skip loading mesh_tree data or shoehorn script config with correct mesh tree data. But the main evil - is wrong frame_data_size (read_frame_moveable_data(...) in vt/l_main.cpp str 95). It cause engine crash (str 100: Sys_Error("read_tr_level: frame_data: SDL_RWread(buffer)")) That error can not be ignored.
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 17:20   #33
Ado Croft
Historian

I found some information about TR4 file format and something from TurboPascal maybe these pages will be useful for you

http://www.geocities.ws/cyber_delphi.../tr4notes.html
http://www.geocities.ws/cyber_delphi...les/tr2io.html
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-13, 19:29   #34
TeslaRus
Student

Default thanks!

Great thanks to Ado Croft! - Useful links! I am a slowpoke = In vt project used 16 byte align in mesh tree format, but in original engine and sources in links are used 4 byte blocks. I eliminate engine crashes in all cases that I can test! UPD: I rewrite mesh tree data loading and all models are drawing correctly.

Last edited by TeslaRus; 04-05-13 at 08:21. Reason: updating information.
Old 06-05-13, 21:43   #35
Richard_trle
Historian

can we play custom levels with this engine? is it a reverse engineering replacement for Tomb4?
Richard_trle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-05-13, 10:22   #36
Ado Croft
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_trle View Post
can we play custom levels with this engine?
Yes, we can, but only with the last update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard_trle View Post
is it a reverse engineering replacement for Tomb4?
No, it is his own engine which is able to play levels from old TR1-TR5

Last edited by Ado Croft; 07-05-13 at 10:36.
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-05-13, 06:53   #37
Lwmte
Explorer

Hi, I just wanted to say that for some reason Sourceforge isn't updating release date on main TRE page, but actually TeslaRus updated it few days ago.

Currently, Lara's collision model is almost the same as in original engine, but few tweaks should be done to handle free-falling and wall smashing correctly. But we already have correct handling of ceiling collision, steps collision and walls collision.

You can check it out by downloading latest engine.7z file right here.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13, 11:58   #38
Lwmte
Explorer

Default Another update!

Another major update: climbing!

This time, we have basic climbing features: 2-click and 3-click climb, plus steps animation. There are many things to fine-tune and optimize, but main thing is now we have fully workable climb check function (in this build, it has an indicator looking like small black sphere in front of Lara).

Of course, unlike classic TRs, Lara can climb on ANY surface (including statics, movables and even enemies! ) with ANY angle (not strictly 90-degree one).

Also, TeslaRus is struggling to get sliding work properly, and feature is very close to completion, so the next build will most likely feature slide animations.

As always, updated engine package is now on SourceForge.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-06-13, 13:48   #39
TeslaRus
Student

Default Upd

Ammm... Latest update I upload only now. Previous update was climb test without slide. In climb test function I calculate surface and edge. But may be bugs in edge calculations. I add Lara rotation fix in climb 2 click and climb 3 click and slide.
I add new engine video to youtube. link: http://youtu.be/Jf3JGm67oS0

Last edited by TeslaRus; 01-06-13 at 16:57. Reason: updating info
Old 01-06-13, 18:22   #40
kaufi-lc
Explorer

Wow, that looks interesting! You made some amazing progress!
I have a question, I wanted to ask for some time now. Is there a possibilty to change the key "~"
to something more common? Cause on my netbook (and maybe others have that problem, too) I have to press a key-combo to get a "~" and it doesn't work for your program.
kaufi-lc is offline   Reply With Quote