www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 05-06-19, 15:55   #21
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
^ I believe AkyV's plugin already uses variables to operate on AI properties.
In the plugin, I removed all the Global Short Alfa and such variables from memory zone-based triggers, so it is user-friendly now.
Besides, all the things I found useable with AI nullmeshes is stuffed in those two actions and one condition.

Quote:
Forcing AI_GUARD on enemy using AkyV's plugin (which I'm guessing takes advantage of variables) only works the moment enemy is spawned (triggers placed on the same square), but once the enemy is triggered, forcing AI_GUARD has no effect.
I cannot confirm it.
Did you read the trigger's remark for troubleshooting?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reggie View Post

Is it anything to do with this?
The code you quoted from the tutorial is old, to check AI property, not a distance, the condition in the plugin has the same, fresher and more user-friendly as well.
Anyway, I don' think for the time being enemy see-distance can be customized.
AkyV is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 15:57   #22
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
I cannot confirm it.
Did you read the trigger's remark for troubleshooting?
No I haven't
I'll do that as soon as I can.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 16:04   #23
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Angry

TRLE enemy AI is terrible. I wouldn’t expect too much from it. Anything that’s not an enemy running to Lara or standing still gets very messy when you try to make the AI more complex.

Last edited by matrix54; 05-06-19 at 16:06.
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 16:43   #24
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
I don' think for the time being enemy see-distance can be customized.

There must be some kind of workaround. Triggering an enemy out of AI Guard, 8 sectors away is just too far.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 17:47   #25
A_De
Archaeologist

Sorry guys if I made you confused. My setup with fighting was with hurting the SAS by 8 hp. It worked, the enemy dropped his special ai and started to attack. And I didn't check the other hurting value to be honest. May be that 1 hp is just too little
And the hurting TG was executed via animcommand in my case.

Edit: perhaps, I was totally wrong. May be the SAS drops his guarding ai only because Lara intrudes into their sector/collision area on fighting

Last edited by A_De; 05-06-19 at 17:52.
A_De is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 18:28   #26
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post
Sorry guys if I made you confused. My setup with fighting was with hurting the SAS by 8 hp. It worked, the enemy dropped his special ai and started to attack. And I didn't check the other hurting value to be honest. May be that 1 hp is just too little

Edit: perhaps, I was totally wrong. May be the SAS drops his guarding ai only because Lara intrudes into their sector/collision area on fighting
As disappointed as I am about that, you must be gutted. You spent all that time creating a hurt TG for SAS thinking it was helping their AI and it turned out not to be the case. I wanted to believe. :'(
Old 05-06-19, 19:45   #27
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by A_De View Post

Seems like that was the case. Which is a bit of a shame, it would be very convenient to get AI to drop just by hurting the enemy slightly.

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
TRLE enemy AI is terrible. I wouldn’t expect too much from it. Anything that’s not an enemy running to Lara or standing still gets very messy when you try to make the AI more complex.
Precisely. I'm already impressed by the fact BADDY1 can "keep a watch", turn his head from side to side and notice Lara's presence if she goes into his view... that's probably the stealthiest that the AI can get

Last edited by Dustie; 05-06-19 at 19:48.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 19:57   #28
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

You can try doing work arounds and use patrol guards as animatings, and when they detect lara you can trigger the actual enemies
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-19, 20:03   #29
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
You can try doing work arounds and use patrol guards as animatings, and when they detect lara you can trigger the actual enemies
Worth considering, it may be the only workaround available.
Old 07-06-19, 02:49   #30
matrix54
Tomb Raider

You can do (almost) anything thatís possible in the VCI levels.

What works best is having guards doing idle things instead of patrolling. I set up a VCI guard to actually do the stand at a wall pose (with an OCB code) and he would attack Lara when he notices her, as a normal baddy would. You can have guards operating machinery, sleeping, talking - whatever you can think of. Then, you design around these scenarios.

Things like that can help bring the level to life, especially when the AI isnít very good. Save a patrolling guard for something special and use well placed ambushes carefully for effect.