Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 11-06-19, 22:13   #2091
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntRaidsTombs View Post
Just when they had me hyped up, I suddenly got let down just that quick.
People are pisssssseeedd.
I know right? This was looking to be such an incredible, and now this...

Seriously, I understand that bringing like 1000 Pokémon to an HD game might be a little too much at least for day 1. But I think I speak for most Pokémon fans that they would prefer for Pokémon Home to be delayed and released only when all Pokémon models and animations were ready to be patched into the game and having it released at that time.

What scares me is that they will probably have the remaining Pokémon hostage for the Pokémon Spear/Ultra Sword and Shield/2/MegaMix and Knuckles... -_-

Edit: The worst thing is that the Treehouse showcase for the game makes it look sooooooo good! Seriously, such a big stain on a otherwise great game...

Last edited by Portugalraider; 11-06-19 at 22:37.
Portugalraider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-19, 22:35   #2092
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
I know right? This was looking to be such an incredible, and now this...

Seriously, I understand that bringing like 1000 Pokémon to an HD game might be a little too much at least for day 1. But I think I speak for most Pokémon fans that they would prefer for Pokémon Home to be delayed and released only when all Pokémon models and animations were ready to be patched into the game and having it released at that time.

What scares me is that they will probably have the remaining Pokémon hostage for the Pokémon Spear/Ultra Sword and Shield/2/MegaMix and Knuckles... -_-
Right. Delaying it would be perfectly fine and understandable.

I laughed so hard at MegaMix and Knuckles lol.

Update: Here’s an update in regard to the issue https://www.usgamer.net/articles/pok...ield-interview

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 13-06-19 at 04:56.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 02:03   #2093
Tommy123

I'd rather the game be delayed so they can get all of them in but I understand they gotta keep up the schedule with the tv show and the cards
Tommy123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-06-19, 03:34   #2094
AntRaidsTombs

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tommy123 View Post
I'd rather the game be delayed so they can get all of them in but I understand they gotta keep up the schedule with the tv show and the cards
One thing about the new generation of gaming is that things can always be patched in. Which they kind of hinted at. i’m sure the game will have a ton of Pokémon for us to enjoy, and eventually will have every Pokemon accessible. Now the Pokémon Home app should be delayed.

So there’s no mega evolutions either

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 14-06-19 at 16:11.
Old 29-06-19, 05:33   #2095
AntRaidsTombs

Well guys it’s definite, Pokémon that don’t appear in the Galar region won’t be appearing at all.

Quote:
Masuda: “Thank you to all of our fans for caring so deeply about Pokémon. Recently, I shared the news that some Pokémon cannot be transferred to Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield. I’ve read all your comments and appreciate your love and passion for Pokémon.

Just like all of you, we are passionate about Pokémon and each and every one of them is very important to us. After so many years of developing the Pokémon video games, this was a very difficult decision for me. I’d like to make one thing clear: even if a specific Pokémon is not available in Pokémon Sword and Pokémon Shield, that does not mean it will not appear in future games.

The world of Pokémon continues to evolve. The Galar region offers new Pokémon to encounter, Trainers to battle, and adventures to embark on. We are pouring our hearts into these games, and we hope you will look forward to joining us on this new journey.”
via:https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.pol...freak-response

Last edited by AntRaidsTombs; 29-06-19 at 05:35.
Old 03-07-19, 12:39   #2096
Linoshi Croft

Has there actually been given a reason to why they made the decision? All I've seen is statements skirting around it.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-19, 13:21   #2097
Zelda master

Knowing Game Freak, it's just them being themselves makes absolutely nonsensical decisions.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-19, 20:59   #2098
ggctuk

Apparently it's to do with the amount of Pokemon. I reckon it's a development time thing. They'd have to remaster, rig and animate 900+ Pokemon and that's no mean feat - they can't just use the 3DS models and slap a new texture on them.

It does now make the phrase 'Gotta Catch 'Em all' utterly meaningless since you can't actually do that any more though.
ggctuk is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-07-19, 21:14   #2099
Zelda master

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
Apparently it's to do with the amount of Pokemon. I reckon it's a development time thing. They'd have to remaster, rig and animate 900+ Pokemon and that's no mean feat - they can't just use the 3DS models and slap a new texture on them.

It does now make the phrase 'Gotta Catch 'Em all' utterly meaningless since you can't actually do that any more though.
Fun fact, that's exactly what they're doing though. The 3D models were future proofed with X&Y so they wouldn't have to worry about that anymore. Those exact same models were reused for (Ultra) Sun/Moon, Go, Let's Go and now again for Sword and Shield. It's not that, since apparently a ton of animations were left unused in Sun/Moon for whatever reason.

Whatever's the reason, I don't know. But it absolutely sucks.
Zelda master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-19, 20:40   #2100
trfan16

I'm surprised that they didn't cut any Pokemon from the National Dex in earlier generations. Even when X/Y came out, there were over 700+ Pokemon on the National Dex. I didn't know X/Y was the last time all the older Pokemon were reanimated either. As for Pokemon being cut from Sword/Shield, I don't really know how I feel about it yet. On one hand, there are handful of Pokemon that I don't care for like some of the legendary Pokemon, all of the Water-types, etc. On the other hand, I know that almost every Pokemon has their own fanbase. So it would suck if one of your favorites didn't make the final cut. Plus, there are a lot of older Pokemon that never seem to get representation. I hope the Galar region at least features some underrepresented Pokemon instead of having the same tired Geodude/Magikarp/Machop/Rattata every generation.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote