Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > General Forums > Video Games

Old 10-04-09, 21:00   #21
b0bb13

Kinda makes me lol when I think that when the first teaser was shown,everyone was like loving and praising it and I was bashing it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Melonie Tomb Raider View Post
But yeah, this game looks too much like DMC.
Well,duh.The man behind Bayonetta is the creator of DMC.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
And her voice... Beats the heck out of the usual squeeky girly "cutsey" Yuna like voices that have come to plauge the VG world.
Oi!Leave Yunie aloan!
But yeah,her voice is more mature and perverted.

Quote:
Originally Posted by george_croft View Post
I still can't get over the Sarah Palin look.
That's why she's teh seks!

EDIT: New interview with Hideki Kamya on Gamespot:
http://www.gamespot.com/news/6207621.html

Last edited by b0bb13; 10-04-09 at 21:27.
b0bb13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 21:51   #22
Psychos'Я'Us
Inactive

Quote:
The contradictory nature of these posts is enough to make me wanna burst out in laughter .

What is DMC but a game with a "he-slut" like character who lacks substance? Bayonetta just took that concept and applied it to a female character instead. Her look is quite essentric actually and IMO her attitude and persona matches exactly that of Dante; Only more friskier. And her voice... Beats the heck out of the usual squeeky girly "cutsey" Yuna like voices that have come to plauge the VG world.

And man! She knows the Gun Kata! Yeeesh!

Presumed Normal meets randomness. What more can a person want ?
I never said that Dante isn't a "he-slut" nor was I defending DMC, I actually don't like it at all.
Psychos'Я'Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 21:57   #23
Larapink

Interesting game...lol
Larapink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 22:02   #24
violentblossom
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by b0bb13 View Post

Well,duh.The man behind Bayonetta is the creator of DMC.
no excuse.

doesn't that mean its time for him to come up with new ideas, then?
violentblossom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 22:16   #25
Catapharact

Quote:
Originally Posted by Psychos'Я'Us View Post
I never said that Dante isn't a "he-slut" nor was I defending DMC, I actually don't like it at all.
So you do not like the DMC series in general then? If that's the case then your opinion has merit. If it isn't then its kinda contradictory to prefer the DMC series and bash this one since there is practically no difference.

PS: Innuendos in DMC4 ruled Lol!

Violent:

Well IMO the producer nailed it down perfectly. This is what I mean by changing concepts in character if the game formula itself is a success. The same concept can truly work for TR as well (if Uncharted didn't beat Edios' slow mongering classic clingers to the punch .)
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 22:19   #26
Psychos'Я'Us
Inactive

Quote:
So you do not like the DMC series in general then? If that's the case then your opinion has merit. If it isn't then its kinda contradictory to prefer the DMC series and bash this one since there is practically no difference.

PS: Innuendos in DMC4 ruled Lol!

Violent:

Well IMO the producer nailed it down perfectly. This is what I mean by changing concepts in character if the game formula itself is a success. The same concept can truly work for TR as well (if Uncharted didn't beat Edios' slow mongering classic clingers to the punch .)
No, I don't. I don't like the flashy anime style
Psychos'Я'Us is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 23:19   #27
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
The contradictory nature of these posts is enough to make me wanna burst out in laughter .

What is DMC but a game with a "he-slut" like character who lacks substance? Bayonetta just took that concept and applied it to a female character instead. Her look is quite essentric actually and IMO her attitude and persona matches exactly that of Dante; Only more friskier. And her voice... Beats the heck out of the usual squeeky girly "cutsey" Yuna like voices that have come to plauge the VG world.

And man! She knows the Gun Kata! Yeeesh!

Presumed Normal meets randomness. What more can a person want ?

Uh... just because I said the game reminded me of DMC doesn't mean I thought the game was exactly like DMC in every way. Wow.... nice analysis there.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 23:26   #28
Catapharact

Quote:
Uh... just because I said the game reminded me of DMC doesn't mean I thought the game was exactly like DMC in every way. Wow.... nice analysis there.
It is DMC on the mark. Look at the combos she performs in the trailer; Look at the use of spells, Just look at her frilly nilly "don't care about the world" attitude. The only difference being the protagonist's sex, the setting and little bit over the top mature content. Other then that, we might as well can classify this as DMC 5.

In what way does it differs? According to the interview, the producer actually vamped the action level up and came up with even more grotesque ways of dispatching the enemies.
Old 10-04-09, 23:29   #29
Melonie Tomb Raider
Golden

Quote:
It is DMC on the mark.
Yeah it's a lot like DMC, like I said before, but again, it's not "exactly the same in every way." Therefore, my statements regarding the main character have nothing to do with DMC, because she's different. Calling that a contradiction is just plain silly, I mean really.
Melonie Tomb Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-04-09, 23:32   #30
Catapharact

Quote:
Yeah it's a lot like DMC, like I said before, but again, it's not "exactly the same in every way." Therefore, my statements regarding the main character have nothing to do with DMC, because she's different. Calling that a contradiction is just plain silly, I mean really.

So I wanna get this straight:

DMC appealed to you interms of the fact that it had a male character instead of female one who had the mannerisms of a "male slut." Would that be an accurate statement then ?