www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 13-01-18, 09:09   #141
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Does anyone have any problem with TR2 patch so far? I'm really trying to find bugs but so far it works perfectly. Only FMVs don't work yet.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 05:12   #142
Kirishima
Historian

Is it just me, or does the Exploding Lara cheat no longer work. I tried doing it to entertain myself after multiple failed attempt at doing a certain corner glitch in The Deck. Instead of exploding, it registered the skip level cheat instead, which I thought you had to pull a flare out for that.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 08:42   #143
Caesum
Tomb Raider

^ Yup, same here. Also when you do the TR1 all weapons cheat Lara explodes, but her body still stays intact.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 11:37   #144
annl
Archaeologist

I tried it in The Great Chi custom level and it works great! You have to uninstall the fullscreen border patch to get the music to work as the exe does the fullscreen border anyway.

Arsunt, is it possible to add the HD font from the mobile release? It isn’t included in the HD texture pack. Apparently, the font is in the exe.

Last edited by annl; 18-01-18 at 13:20.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 19:00   #145
Arsunt
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joey79100 View Post
Anew thread will probably be cleaner, mods don't rename threads 24 hours after their creation anyway.

I haven't tested your patch but next time I play TR2 I'll use it for sure, I just love the idea that the changes are native instead of using wrappers and everything. I love the whole project.
Thank you! I still have aces in the hole to surprise you. In the meantime, I'm preparing a large article with illustrations for a new thread dedicated to the patch itself.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Another suggestion: vibration support for controllers. Not sure if this will work but doesn't hurt to ask right?
Yes, but in very low priority.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
This is something i'm wondering, is it possible to change this:
I'm speaking of when things are blown up, they have no lighting and end up appearing super bright. This didn't happen in the ps1 beta.
Yes, will be fixed.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Only FMVs don't work yet.
Work in progress. I do not want just a good workaround, I want the excellent solution.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
Is it just me, or does the Exploding Lara cheat no longer work. I tried doing it to entertain myself after multiple failed attempt at doing a certain corner glitch in The Deck. Instead of exploding, it registered the skip level cheat instead, which I thought you had to pull a flare out for that.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
^ Yup, same here. Also when you do the TR1 all weapons cheat Lara explodes, but her body still stays intact.
Indeed! Thank you. Just fixed the code, binary will be released later.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post
Arsunt, is it possible to add the HD font from the mobile release? It isnít included in the HD texture pack. Apparently, the font is in the exe.
Yes, it will be done. I have already prepared for this a stunning updated logic for processing and rendering text, including with support for Unicode and many many different languages and fonts. I just need time to implement things right.
Old 18-01-18, 19:25   #146
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Also unstretching the title, inventory, statistics screens. I guess we will need remade title graphics for this, I think somebody once made something like that? Somebody definitely upgraded the original, low-color title screen image to give it higher color fidelity where the gradients aren't broken up... it was a while ago, though...

EDIT:
Would it be possible to implement some sort of internal color adjustment or control the strenght of shadows/contrast in a similar way to TR3's gamma setting?

Last edited by Dustie; 18-01-18 at 21:11.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-18, 21:25   #147
Arsunt
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Also unstretching the title, inventory, statistics screens. I guess we will need remade title graphics for this, I think somebody once made something like that?
Almost done. Need to decompile this properly and add the fixes.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Would it be possible to implement some sort of internal color adjustment or control the strenght of shadows/contrast in a similar way to TR3's gamma setting?
Yes, but in later development phase. First I will check how it was implemented in TR3.
Old 19-01-18, 15:10   #148
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Naturally, it's merely an additional adjustment option.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-18, 18:52   #149
Danath
Archaeologist

Thumbs up

Oh my, so many awesome features coming! Thank you so much for this.

Edit: I suppose it's impossible, but could the engine be modified to support as much texture count as TR3? It would be amazing... The 2048 tex id count maximum makes it ultra hard to make good texturing on levels.

Last edited by Danath; 19-01-18 at 20:41.
Danath is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-18, 08:00   #150
Arsunt
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
I suppose it's impossible, but could the engine be modified to support as much texture count as TR3? It would be amazing... The 2048 tex id count maximum makes it ultra hard to make good texturing on levels.
On the contrary, it is quite simple. I can even implement the system when the required number of polygons / textures and anything is dynamically determined at the level loading, and the buffers of the required sizes are automatically allocated in memory. But at the moment the DLL lives in close symbiosis with EXE, and I want to be able to switch on / off any functions I have reimplemented during testing, and this should not affect DLL and EXE compatibility. Any intervention in the work of global variables will break this compatibility. But yes, in a consequence, I will make these autobuffers as an optional feature.

Remember, highest priotity is decompilation and reimplementation of the whole game so it will work EXACTLY as original game does. Features have less priority.