www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 30-09-19, 17:42   #1
Forges2204
Hobbyist

Default Deathmatch

Does anyone know where I can gat advice about playing multiplayer online, such as why I can't hear audio by other players, are r level 60 players really that good or have they got unfair advantage eg weapons,more life etc?
How long to build up decent level?
Forges2204 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-19, 21:50   #2
Maverin
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Forges2204 View Post
Does anyone know where I can gat advice about playing multiplayer online, such as why I can't hear audio by other players, are r level 60 players really that good or have they got unfair advantage eg weapons,more life etc?
Hello and welcome to the forums. I've never played this game online so I'm afraid I won't be of best help. I'm sure there'll be other members to help you out in no time
Old 02-10-19, 08:40   #3
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
The absence of the audio of others could be your default setting. If not, check in the lobby, if they have an active microphone or not. The speaker icon should be white when it's active, grey when it's not. If the other players doesn't have one, there the speaker icon won't pop before their names.

Weapons: every map has their speacial bow and a minigun. They're the most powerful weapons, they have their ususal spwaning spots. (easy to learn which ones)
The guns, that you owe, can be upgraded via salvages and killing players. (skill points) A correctly upgraded weapon is everything, especially if you can use it.
There are also skills, that can be activated for your character (for example, I've chosed the leaving a mine, when I die.)
Keep in mind, the multiplayer is buggy so there are moments when your shot doesn't count, or just one shot and you're done.

As for leveling up: it shouldn't take long, if you play with a friend, who let's you win.
Level 60 doesn't mean they're that good, but they're certainly owerpowered when it comes to a lower level. (like me, who stopped at 30)
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-19, 11:26   #4
Forges2204
Hobbyist

Default Deathmatch

Thanks for the info. The other players do have a speaker icon and it turns white when they speak and I can hear a muffled sound but no clear speech. It might be because I always join a casual match. Maybe you need to play with "friends" to hear them clearly as a safety measure? Would using a gaming headset with a mic help?
Does mic work if plugged into the Xbox controller?
How do you find like minded people to "befriend" to play with? Can you be sure they are not psychos or mutters?
I don't play that often and am not young but do enjoy but feel bad when my team loses because I am killed so many times without making one kill!
I don't even see them coming! Lol.
Old 03-10-19, 13:00   #5
Matie
Professor

Quote:
Thanks for the info. The other players do have a speaker icon and it turns white when they speak and I can hear a muffled sound but no clear speech. It might be because I always join a casual match. Maybe you need to play with "friends" to hear them clearly as a safety measure? Would using a gaming headset with a mic help?
They probably don't realise their microphone is on. This option is enabled by default and people just don't know it can be turned off. I haven't seen anyone who actively used this feature on PC, with the exception of one player who occasionally said "thanks" if you helped them. Not sure about consoles, I don't have much experience on other platforms.

Quote:
How do you find like minded people to "befriend" to play with? Can you be sure they are not psychos or mutters?
There's no way to tell for sure, but if you do come across a nutty person, you can delete/block them if you added them. If not, you might still find them in public lobbies, you cannot avoid them completely. (On PC they can even follow you in matches if your profile is public.) There's all sorts of creeps, but there are nice people as well, I'm sure you'll find them Community pages are good for that, you could search for TR Multiplayer groups where people help each other with achievements and such.

Quote:
I don't play that often and am not young but do enjoy but feel bad when my team loses because I am killed so many times without making one kill!
I don't even see them coming! Lol.
Don't worry, you'll get the hang of it eventually Level 60 players like to snipe from specific spots, if you go underground, leave mines on frequent spots and attack strong players from behind with a well aimed shot (shotguns are perfect for this) or an instant melee finisher, you're good to go. You'll have to be more tactical first, if circumstances allow. Also, you have more chance in other game modes with more teamwork such as Rescue. Delivering medikits gives you a lot of XP while your teammates take care of the enemy.

Last edited by Matie; 03-10-19 at 13:03.
Matie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-19, 13:16   #6
Forges2204
Hobbyist

Default Deathmatch

I have noticed opponents seem to be able to aim and fire mutch quicker than I can leaving me at a disadvantage. I wonder if it because I am using an Xbox controller on a PC .
It is very slow to move once you pull the right trigger to aim by which time I have been shot.
Now, would using a mouse be quicker, and could I use mouse and controller together?
Or is my PC too slow and others are playing on games machines which respond quicker.
PC is running win 10 with i7 4th gen with gtx 1080ti and 8gig ram and plays game well at 55fps.
I will try mouse and see.
Old 12-10-19, 15:44   #7
Forges2204
Hobbyist

Default Deathmatch

Tried mouse and it is much quicker. Plug Xbox controller in one USB and mouse in other one. Can aim and fire great and chance weapons. Bit jerky . Zoom not working?
Have to play mostly with controller and then quickly grab mouse for shooting! Not best solution.
They still move faster than me, jump much higher ( tree height?) They can move and shoot at same time full speed ,when I aim my motion almost stops!
Are consoles that much better than PC?