www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 15-10-19, 07:20   #1
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

Default Police officer shoots woman in her own house

http://www.msn.com/en-us/news/us/mur...z&ocid=DELLDHP

This is just sooooo wrong...

One has to wonder what is going wrong in police culture these days, there was that thing awhile back with the woman cop shooting a guy in his own apartment.

It's like they all think they are clearing ISIS houses in Syria, instead of being beat cops helping American citizens.

At least he has been charged with murder. He deserves that, it WAS murder.

You don't do **** like that. Not even if you have a badge.
Old 15-10-19, 07:40   #2
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Are you kidding? How the hell is a head peeking up in the window a situation where a threat is perceived. Glad he is getting charged and I hope they throw the book at him. I don't know if that witness is trying to defend his friend, but that is a pathetic excuse. The situation didn't call for any kind of violence of any sort. So there was no reason at all to withdraw a fire arm and shoot at somebody.
Old 15-10-19, 12:10   #3
Dennis's Mom

This is par for the course if you're black in America and dealing with the police. Our racist culture has trained people to believe black people are inherently dangerous and fear is always the appropriate response.

In a related, story, the officer who walked into the wrong apartment believing it to be hers and who shot the poor guy at home has been found guilty of murder. She was sentenced to ten years, but not before the judge said the jury could consider the "castle defense".

Perhaps more troubling, a key witness who lived across the hall was killed shortly after. The police arrested three men, but it feels like a frame job.

If you listen to people who follow and study these things, you see that the police response is to reflexively close ranks and thwart independent investigation. Efforts to smear the victim follow after (she had a gun in her home, Botham Jean had some weed) as if any of those things justified being murdered. The FBI warned years ago that white supremacists were infiltrating our law enforcement ranks. It's easy to see a connection with deaths like these.

This is the seventh time Fort Worth police have shot civilians since June 1. Six of them died.
Old 15-10-19, 14:48   #4
Baslakor
Explorer

Yeah, I'm not really convinced by this. Just because the cop was white and the victim black, doesn't automatically make it a hate crime. As long as no racist motivations are found, I don't see why it's relevant to bring skin colour into this...
Baslakor is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-19, 15:14   #5
Catapharact
Tomb Raider

Arrow

Yeah, the officer has been on the Job for about an year or so, and thus he might not have a lot of experience in dealing with checking on reported suspicious activity on a PRIVATE Property.

I am going to post up the Video by Mike the Cop that has the Body Cam footage of the issue:

1) He didn't announce himself when searching the premises. That is SOP 101 for Law Enforcement! If a person is worried about a possible runner, a good tactic is to wait for another officer to arrive on site and have them cover the back of the premises while you cover the front and announce yourself; "Toronto Police! If there is anyone on the premises, please identify yourself!" Etc. etc.

2) Sneaking around the place with without notification means that you are technically trespassing. As such, you shouldn't be surprised if the owner of the house decides to meet you around the corner with a 12 Gauge to your face. Do you want cop shootings? Because this is how you get cop shootings.

Incompetence is no excuse for taking an individual's life; In this case an innocent 28 year old Mother. Throw the book at him.

Last edited by Catapharact; 15-10-19 at 15:18.
Catapharact is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-10-19, 15:44   #6
Dennis's Mom

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
Yeah, I'm not really convinced by this. Just because the cop was white and the victim black, doesn't automatically make it a hate crime. As long as no racist motivations are found, I don't see why it's relevant to bring skin colour into this...
Because it is. Trust me, there's a reason he thought the person didn't belong in the house, and it's the racist belief that black people aren't homeowners and therefore she could only be there illegitimately.

One doesn't need to be a RACIST to have racist feelings. I was born in 1962 and raised in a Dallas suburb and the subtext was always "black people are dangerous." This guy probably didn't think "oh, black person! Must shoot!" but I can promise you he was raised in an area where black people are mythologized as subhuman and therefore must be treated as threatening.
Old 15-10-19, 15:47   #7
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Baslakor View Post
A situation like this occurs almost every week and you people still feel the need to be convinced about what makes it about race. lmao.

People should already know that after a police officer clocks out of "work" he/she heads to the nearest klan meeting.
Old 15-10-19, 15:56   #8
Quebsenuef
Tomb Raider

Location: In Rafe Adler's Arms|Gender: Pyramid Head|Superpower: Dirty Tricks Mode|Color: I'm Freakin' Gray

Reminds me of that video of the black guy who owns a home, his alarm system goes off to his house or something, he heads downstairs.. everything is ok.

Then some cop coming by comes into the house. So the dude hears an intruder and gets his gun. The cop sees the guy in his underwear in his own house.. yadda yadda.. guy gets arrested for being a dude, owning a home and a gun, being in his own home, in his underwear. So I guess cops can just waltz into your house and accuse you of being an intruder.

- man in underwear
- man says it’s his home
- there’s framed pictures on the walls of this man with a family

clearly he’s a thief that goes ALL OUT to fool the cops.
Old 15-10-19, 17:15   #9
Sir Launcelot
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by lance6439 View Post
A situation like this occurs almost every week and you people still feel the need to be convinced about what makes it about race. lmao.

People should already know that after a police officer clocks out of "work" he/she heads to the nearest klan meeting.
Lance, up here in Minnesota a BLACK Muslim policeman shot a WHITE woman from Australia and that had nothing to do with race, just inexperience and stupidity. He got I think 12 years.

That Amber Guyger woman cop who shot the black guy in his own apartment got ten years.

This incident is probably more about police attitude than race, shoot first, ask questions later. Which is the point, who the **** is training these people to act like this on the job?
Old 15-10-19, 17:46   #10
lance6439
Legend

Quote:
Lance, up here in Minnesota a BLACK Muslim policeman shot a WHITE woman from Australia and that had nothing to do with race, just inexperience and stupidity. He got I think 12 years.
And if it were the other way around I wonder how many years the white police officer would get? paid leave? probation? since that's been the common thing happening for generations.

Quote:
That Amber Guyger woman cop who shot the black guy in his own apartment got ten years.
You clearly haven't been up-to-date with this situation. The judge, the police officers, the family all forgave that woman. The man who testified against her as a witness was just killed a few days ago. She's not going to spend 10 years in jail and will probably serve less than 5 years.

Quote:
This incident is probably more about police attitude than race
I don't get why you people are so afraid of wanting to admit that these situations have everything to do with race. LOL.