www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 27-11-14, 07:23   #1031
Lwmte
Explorer

Interesting... Seems things doesn't get removed neither added to BSP tree on the fly, because both item notifier and inventory entry are empty for these crystals. That's only my opinion, however!

By the way, I also made waterfall objects animate properly. Since original TRs processed waterfall textures on the fly (made first two polygon texinfos in each waterfall UV-rotated), there had to be some way to convert this to pre-processed sequences; so right now engine just scans hardcoded item IDs and creates a list of texinfos which should be animated.

Hopefully, bug-free updates will be on the SF soon!
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-14, 03:12   #1032
noname
Student

It's great to see progress being made on this project. But I have a question, when will the camera and weapons be implemented? Those are important features for making the game playable.
Old 28-11-14, 17:36   #1033
TeslaRus
Student

Default Updates

Fixed blocks moving logic + in TR4+ You can't push block out the map.
Rewritten Lwmte's waterfalls generation + fixed old bug with entity ID generation (so, some scrips works incorrect). Binary version will be uploaded after scripts fixing and some waterfall generation function changes (will be moved to the scripts). Video with examples: http://youtu.be/K0fzEs9Bds8
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-14, 19:06   #1034
TeslaRus
Student

Default Update

1) entity ID generation bug was not bug - I incorrect understood TR structure's field's name - it was a model_id, not an entity_id. So all script's entity id are correct.
2) Fixed waterfalls generation. But texture anims works incorrect in TR4 map 18 (water moves in wrong direction).
3) Binary version was uploaded to SF.
TeslaRus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-11-14, 08:33   #1035
Ado Croft
Historian

Great job, I thought that the incorrect entity ID was a bug. OK, but i would like to ask you why any objects have not collision? for example: doors, trapdoors, etc
Anyway, thanks for the update

Last edited by Ado Croft; 30-11-14 at 08:37.
Ado Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 00:28   #1036
Lwmte
Explorer

Maybe someone already noticed it, but recently I got a letter from TeslaRus with very good news: OpenTomb finally begins to use shaders!

Currently, there is only one simple shader which multiplies vertex colours, but it can be used to learn how shaders work in principle; for me, it's crucial, since I never got used to whole process of writing / compiling / passing / taking values from shaders!

I will try to port classic-styled caustics shader from TRN by E. Popov to OpenTomb, I guess it will be a good learning.
Old 02-12-14, 03:06   #1037
teme9
Professor

Awesome!

I really hope that you're going to be using per-pixel shading in lighting! It would be so much smoother (No pressure!!)
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 08:24   #1038
Lwmte
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by teme9 View Post
I really hope that you're going to be using per-pixel shading in lighting! It would be so much smoother (No pressure!!)
Yes, we need to use deferred shading / lighting anyway, cause TR tends to use lots of dynamic lights at once (like flame emitters, etc.). Plus it looks a lot more realistic than classic TR vertex lights (especially on room meshes).

I hope someone with good shader knowledge could help us in this!
Old 02-12-14, 12:10   #1039
teme9
Professor

Nice!

I'd gladly help if I knew enough! I have written some basic surface shaders for Unity but with that knowledge I can't really help!

I hope you will find someone who can help! I'm sure there are some willing people!
teme9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-12-14, 17:32   #1040
laralives
Professor

Cochrane said he knowledge of shaders very early on in the project... I hope he comes back...