www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 16-12-16, 21:58   #111
OverRaider
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Footprints are on the list already.
Thanks but it`s a TR3 effect and not TR4
And also if you can add monkey from TR3 Jungle level to the list, which behaves exactly the same, including picking medipack up and dropping it off somewhere else (the one we have in baboon slot in TRNG is somehow buggy? but most of all causes crashes)

EDIT: ooh and also underground train "trap" from TR3 Aldwych

Last edited by OverRaider; 17-12-16 at 13:00.
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-16, 16:29   #112
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by OverRaider View Post
Thanks but it`s a TR3 effect and not TR4
TR4 on another console is what I was told.
TR3 PC version does not have footprints, nor do any of the other PC versions.

What would be the difference between the TR4 footprints and the TR3 ones then?

TR3 monkeys and train trap added to the list.

Last edited by Titak; 17-12-16 at 16:33.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-16, 19:14   #113
OverRaider
Student

When I requested footprints I wrote TR3 PS version not PC.... TR3 PS, or PS1 or PSone version there are footprints in Antarctica levels https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d3a5CVAPHIk&t=152s

I am 10000000% sure as I grew up with it

EDIT: but if there are footprints in TR4 on PS1 version then that`s ok, I just wasn`t sure about this

Last edited by OverRaider; 17-12-16 at 19:22.
OverRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-16, 19:22   #114
Caesum
Tomb Raider

^ Footprints are the same in both TR3 and TR4 for PSX. That's why there's no need to add it twice to the list.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-12-16, 21:32   #115
Titak

^
Thanks for clearing that up.
Not adding a second footprints request now since both effects are the same.
Old 17-12-16, 23:47   #116
AkyV

These are NOT really my requests, I just know we have not had these features yet:

- AOD type auto-grab (as option).
- Poison-spitting creatures. (Plus a flame-thrower, who is not a workaround?)
- "Hand" icon for interactions (like in AOD) - I tried something similar with TestPositions, but it seems a soooooo complicated workaround for each pick-up and interaction situations.
- Limited backpack - my tutorial about that is only a complicated workaround.
- Keyboard input for custom keys, out of gametime (when menus are open).
- Sprites for variable-based coordinates: for example a hair-cross sprite, that shows the actual position (pivot) of an object, representing what Lara just aims at (only in manual mode?).
- Sprites for random coordinates - eg. for a "raindrop on the camera lens" setup:

And how about checkpoints? (Not my request, I say again, just a possible feature that some of us may want. - My tutorial about that is not "the best" workaround. Personally I don't like checkpoints, but maybe it is a feature that some of us searches for.)

Last edited by AkyV; 18-12-16 at 00:03.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-16, 07:10   #117
Krystian
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
These are NOT really my requests, I just know we have not had these features yet:
- AOD type auto-grab (as option).
I certainly remember working on something like this already. It wasn't perfect, but it already covered mostly how this functioned in AOD and didn't have a too complicated setup. I'll have to search in this forum section as it was 2 or 3 years ago...
Quote:
- Plus a flame-thrower, who is not a workaround
Well, depends on what you count as a "workaround".
I was sort-of able to pull off the flamethrower as a fake weapon slot through meshswaps, using the crossbow slot. The collectible ammo was "napalm canisters" that replenished a custom bar with the "fuel". It shot a horizontal flame tail that harmed enemies from a close (under 2 sectors) range and was able to light them on fire as well. It still had bugs like not being able to aim down or to the sides whilst holding the flamethrower. I should still have this script somewhere if I didn't throw it out, but it's rather unfinished as I kind of abandoned the idea later on.

Although certainly it would be benefitial and presumably could be done even better and bug-free if these things were made into plugins.
I also agree with the rest of your ideas, these would be very good additions.
Krystian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-12-16, 10:31   #118
AkyV

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krystian View Post
I certainly remember working on something like this already. It wasn't perfect, but it already covered mostly how this functioned in AOD and didn't have a too complicated setup. I'll have to search in this forum section as it was 2 or 3 years ago...
Good. You will work on it, and it will be a perfect setup in your plugin soon.

Quote:
Well, depends on what you count as a "workaround".
If it is only a trigger or a command or something like that for me, and works in a nice way, then it could be anything inside the code, even a workaround.

Quote:
I was sort-of able to pull off the flamethrower as a fake weapon slot through meshswaps, using the crossbow slot. The collectible ammo was "napalm canisters" that replenished a custom bar with the "fuel". It shot a horizontal flame tail that harmed enemies from a close (under 2 sectors) range and was able to light them on fire as well. It still had bugs like not being able to aim down or to the sides whilst holding the flamethrower. I should still have this script somewhere if I didn't throw it out, but it's rather unfinished as I kind of abandoned the idea later on.

Although certainly it would be benefitial and presumably could be done even better and bug-free if these things were made into plugins.
Splendid. You will release it in your plugin one day.

Quote:
I also agree with the rest of your ideas, these would be very good additions.
Thank you!
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-12-16, 09:21   #119
LGG_PRODUCTION
Explorer

I would like a new OCB code for the TR4 baddy2, that makes him attacking the enemies, until Lara attacks him.
Old 19-12-16, 10:25   #120
ggctuk
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
I would like a new OCB code for the TR4 baddy2, that makes him attacking the enemies, until Lara attacks him.
Expand that thinking: why not have an OCB or a new AI null that gives all enemies the ability to attack other enemies? And have it in reverse: Troops will not attack Lara until they are attacked by Lara. I'd like the ability to turn that off, or alter it so that as soon as they have finished with the other enemies they attack Lara automatically.