Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Raider Next Generation

Old 26-12-16, 07:33   #131
ggctuk

Enable skin_joints for enemies. You could replace the enemy MIP objects with those skin_joints objects.

Of course, there's then the issue of LOCUSTS which uses AHMET_MIP for the actual locust mesh. So, the ability to reassign that to a different object would be nice too.

And LITTLE_BEETLE could have a dispersal timer like the rats and beetles in TRC do: a value of 0 in the OCB keeps them on the map permanently whole each +1 in the OCB should set the number of seconds until they disperse.
ggctuk is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 26-12-16, 09:35   #132
LGG_PRODUCTION

Fully working horse:
-It moves also when Lara is not on him;
-It moves with directional keys, with shift he walks and with dash he runs fastly;
-He doesn't explode when he touches the water or when he falls from an high place, he simply dies;
-Maybe with ctrl Lara can attack with a sword, drawable with spacebar
LGG_PRODUCTION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-12-16, 19:13   #133
Titak

Quote:
Originally Posted by AkyV View Post
Getting rid of
- random flame flashes on the screen,
- triggering a hardcoded audio for the jeep and the boats.

Having pistols ammo even without having the pistols themselves.
Added to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ggctuk View Post
Enable skin_joints for enemies. You could replace the enemy MIP objects with those skin_joints objects.

Of course, there's then the issue of LOCUSTS which uses AHMET_MIP for the actual locust mesh. So, the ability to reassign that to a different object would be nice too.

And LITTLE_BEETLE could have a dispersal timer like the rats and beetles in TRC do: a value of 0 in the OCB keeps them on the map permanently whole each +1 in the OCB should set the number of seconds until they disperse.
"Enable skin_joints for enemies" added to the list.
But I do not like the idea of using the -MIP versions of the enemies for that since those can also still be used in the way they were originally intended, and as non-moving moveables for architectural elements in a level or plants. (this is somethign I do a lot...)

Rest also added to the list.

Quote:
Originally Posted by LGG_PRODUCTION View Post
Fully working horse:
-It moves also when Lara is not on him;
-It moves with directional keys, with shift he walks and with dash he runs fastly;
-He doesn't explode when he touches the water or when he falls from an high place, he simply dies;
-Maybe with ctrl Lara can attack with a sword, drawable with spacebar
Added to the list.
I also took the liberty of adding some more abilities for the horse: enable it to wade through 1 and 2-click deep water and the ability to not only draw a sword, but also draw a gun and fire it.

Instead of killing the horse in deep water, perhaps it could be made to swim on the surface. This is something horses are capable of after all.

List updated to here.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-16, 10:31   #134
ggctuk

TR1 incubators (small and large) - These can be triggered twice: the first trigger activates the 'incubate' animation while the second will shatter it and spawn the enemy inside it. As for the enmy inside it, this could be defined through OCB (the OCB would be the number of the slot in TRNG_Center)

Ability to make enemies appear before triggering ALA the mummies from TR1. While this is tecnhically already possible by combining an animating object that disappears with an enemy whose first animation is to 'wake up', this does present a problem as you require two objects per enemy you want to do this with. Look at the checkerboard room in "The Hive" in Unfinished Business: because there is a mummy between each pillar in that room, the room had to be split in my first remake (and would have been split in the second remake) to accomodate that as you can't have more than a set amount of objects per room.
Old 28-12-16, 12:55   #135
Titak

Aren't the TR1 incubators possible already?
I can imagine using an Organizer which first activates that icubate animation and then, later on, shatters the egg.

Quote:
Ability to make enemies appear before triggering ALA the mummies from TR1.
Good one!

Although I think it is already possible without the extra object.
You trigger the enemy at the start of the level and immediately force a standing still animation that is not part of the regular animationset. (no lots of triggers in the map needed either, just stick all triggers in a "TGROUP_SINGLE_SHOT" TriggerGroup and trigger that at the start of the level.)
So this standing still (or whatever animation you want to give it) is a newly added animation. When the enemy should start running and jumping around, instead of using the regular activation trigger, you use another "force animation" trigger. This time forcing the starting animation that is triggered when the enemy is activated the normal way.

The only drawback I can think of is that you could perhaps already kill the enemy when it is in its static state.
Unless there's already a way to make enemies invulnerable intill triggered vulnerable.

Just wondering if we need a plugin for this before I add it to the list.
Old 28-12-16, 13:20   #136
AkyV

If we need a plugin then I suppose we need to do something like this:

Code:
void cbInitObjects(void)
{
          Get(enumGET.SLOT, enumSLOT.ROBOT_CLEANER, 0);
          if ((GET.pSlot->Flags & enumFSLOT.PRESENT) == 0) {
                    // the flag PRESENT is missing, so there is NO robot cleaner in this level: we quit immediatly the code
                    return;
          }

GET.pSlot->pProcInitialise = InitialiseRobotCleaner;
          GET.pSlot->pProcCollision = CollisionRobotCleaner;

GET.pSlot->Flags = enumFSLOT.AFFECT_LARA_AT_CONTACT |
                                                            enumFSLOT.CHANGE_POS_ITEM |
                                                            enumFSLOT.NO_DAMAGE_FOR_NO_EXPLOSIVE_AMMO |
                                                            enumFSLOT.SAVE_ALL_DATA |
                                                            enumFSLOT.SFX_LOCAL_SOUND |
                                                            enumFSLOT.USE_COLLISION_BOX;
}

void InitialiseRobotCleaner(short ItemIndex)
{
          Get(enumGET.ITEM, ItemIndex,0);
          GET.pItem->StateIdCurrent = 0;
          GET.pItem->StateIdNext = 0;
          Get(enumGET.SLOT, enumSLOT.ROBOT_CLEANER,0);
          GET.pItem->AnimationNow = GET.pSlot->IndexFirstAnim;
          Get(enumGET.ANIMATION, GET.pItem->AnimationNow,0);
          GET.pItem->FrameNow = GET.pAnimation->FrameStart;
          GET.pItem->FlagsMain = 
enumFITEM.NOT_YET_ENABLED |enumFITEM.CREATURE | enumFITEM.NOT_VISIBLE;
I mean, this is what you can see in Paolone's main plugin tutorial, at the start of the chapter about the cleaning robot.
enumFSLOT.USE_COLLISION_BOX - it calls the collision when the object is activated,
enumFITEM.NOT_VISIBLE - it makes the object visible only when it is activated.

So I suppose, "only" we need a Customize or Parameters command that removes the visibility flag, and somehow adds the collision flag before the activation, if the player wants that. (Not that I already know how to do that, it is just a suggestion.)
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-16, 15:20   #137
Titak

^
Would this be for the "Ability to make enemies appear before triggering ALA the mummies from TR1." request?
Old 28-12-16, 15:26   #138
Joey79100

Looks like it is.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
A question more than an actual request:
You know how the middle of the horizon is always at the same height as Lara's butt?
So if you have a line in your horizon and this line is where the ocean meets the sky, when you go up on a high cliff, that line moves up so it looks weird: the horizon line on the HORIZON object does not match the actual watersurface of the ocean anymore.

http://titak.tombraiderhub.com/horizon1.jpg

http://titak.tombraiderhub.com/horizon2.jpg

You reckon we can change this horizon behaviour?
If so, then it would be one of my requests.
Ohh, that makes me think of something. How about sticking a lensflare to the horizon? Because the way it works now can be kinda illogical when using it to represent the sun.
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-16, 15:28   #139
AkyV

^^
Didn't I say?
Sorry, yes it is.
AkyV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-12-16, 17:09   #140
ggctuk

Quote:
Originally Posted by Titak View Post
Aren't the TR1 incubators possible already?
I can imagine using an Organizer which first activates that icubate animation and then, later on, shatters the egg.
Technically, yes, but it also falls back to number of objects you place on a map, though I've been out of TRLE long enough to admit I don't know if anything has been added which allows you to shatter only one mesh in the object as opoosed to the entire object. From what I remember, the egg is required to be in a different slot to the actual incubator. The setup I used was to have the egg as a separate animaing object but I've also seen the MINE slot being used for that too.