www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 13-07-19, 18:58   #51
JOHN30011887
Student
 
JOHN30011887's Avatar
 
Join Date: Oct 2016
Location: UK, SCOTLAND
Posts: 176
Default

Hope someday this trilogy gets a 60fps patch on Rpcs3, iv tried this many months ago and ran great but the 30fps lock ruins it for me
__________________
I make Game Icons, Check my Profile page for info :D
JOHN30011887 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-07-19, 19:13   #52
Deathly Karma
Historian
 
Deathly Karma's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2015
Location: United Kingdom
Posts: 357
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN30011887 View Post
Hope someday this trilogy gets a 60fps patch on Rpcs3, iv tried this many months ago and ran great but the 30fps lock ruins it for me
Same for me, I tried the trilogy the other day on RPCS3 and the 30fps was worse than I thought it would be.
__________________
"D'you know, it's going to be real pleasure to shut you up."
Deathly Karma is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 09:17   #53
GFY2013
Archaeologist
 
GFY2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: not far enough
Posts: 1,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JOHN30011887 View Post
Hope someday this trilogy gets a 60fps patch on Rpcs3, iv tried this many months ago and ran great but the 30fps lock ruins it for me
UPDATE: RPCS3 just got an update: games that support Vblank can get 60fps. Guess we're lucky :P It looks and feels so good!! How to
https://imgur.com/EaSPwjx
Unfortunately it doesn't support FPS higher than 60 (yet?). EDIT: I'm an idiot: VSync was on. It runs at any FPS!!! Max I'm getting is 90. (at 4K!)

Also, for some reason, 4K won't crash again! 4K 60 FPS babey wohooo. I will definitely make a new video cause this is amazing
__________________
non mortem, somni fratrem

Last edited by GFY2013; 14-07-19 at 09:39.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 11:44   #54
UroshUchiha
Student
 
UroshUchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Serbia
Posts: 118
Default

I just played around a bit with Anniversary with this new build and fps uncapping feature and it was pretty fun. Even if I didn't have all shaders compiled yet (fresh install). Here's the video with the performance stats in the upper left corner: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sgZ0YjsQaPQ

My CPU and GPU settings can be seen here:



EDIT: The framerate can go even higher if I put a bigger value for Vblank Rate:
https://i.imgur.com/05qDHvz.png

Last edited by UroshUchiha; 14-07-19 at 12:36.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 12:17   #55
GFY2013
Archaeologist
 
GFY2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: not far enough
Posts: 1,304
Default

Niice! Thanks for the video! i'm making one too at 4K 60FPS, then I'm meaning to do an 1080p at max possible FPS.
Just for some reason geforce experience is having a weird bug with recording RPCS3. :/
__________________
non mortem, somni fratrem

Last edited by GFY2013; 14-07-19 at 12:23.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 12:34   #56
UroshUchiha
Student
 
UroshUchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Serbia
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY2013 View Post
Just for some reason geforce experience is having a weird bug with recording RPCS3. :/
What kind of a bug? I used GeForce Experience to capture the video I uploaded without any issue.
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 14:54   #57
GFY2013
Archaeologist
 
GFY2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: not far enough
Posts: 1,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
What kind of a bug? I used GeForce Experience to capture the video I uploaded without any issue.
Like when the game compiles shaders, previous frames just appear on the screen, its really annoying. (only on the recording) :/ OBS works without any problems though.

Here is the 4K 60fps video (no video effects applied, only roughly cut footage from native 4K recording)
__________________
non mortem, somni fratrem

Last edited by GFY2013; 14-07-19 at 17:06. Reason: 4K available
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 16:47   #58
UroshUchiha
Student
 
UroshUchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Serbia
Posts: 118
Default

Would you recommend changing something in the settings I posted above? I haven't played around with RPCS3 options almost at all. Could I swap something to get a better experience?
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 17:08   #59
GFY2013
Archaeologist
 
GFY2013's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2013
Location: not far enough
Posts: 1,304
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by UroshUchiha View Post
Would you recommend changing something in the settings I posted above? I haven't played around with RPCS3 options almost at all. Could I swap something to get a better experience?
I'm on those same settings as you. (except ofc resolution and I had vsync on for recording)
I'll try to see what maximum FPS I will get with 1080p.

EDIT: lol whats really weird is that even at 720p i'm not really getting more FPS. Okay, little bit better than 4K, but almost the same. For instance, the menu has 89ish FPS in 720, while in 4K its about 75.
Some 4K rendered (but downsized) screenshots with stats: https://imgur.com/a/k4HY4bs
__________________
non mortem, somni fratrem

Last edited by GFY2013; 14-07-19 at 17:54.
GFY2013 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14-07-19, 21:34   #60
UroshUchiha
Student
 
UroshUchiha's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2018
Location: Serbia
Posts: 118
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GFY2013 View Post
I'm on those same settings as you. (except ofc resolution and I had vsync on for recording)
I'll try to see what maximum FPS I will get with 1080p.

EDIT: lol whats really weird is that even at 720p i'm not really getting more FPS. Okay, little bit better than 4K, but almost the same. For instance, the menu has 89ish FPS in 720, while in 4K its about 75.
Some 4K rendered (but downsized) screenshots with stats: https://imgur.com/a/k4HY4bs
I kinda noticed the same thing when I played around during the day. Busy Sunday so I didn't have much time to test, I'll probably play around more during the next week because this is a lot of fun
UroshUchiha is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 16:15.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2019, vBulletin Solutions Inc.