www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 17-06-19, 12:59   #561
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Doesn't look much like a script, though, but she could be one of those writers that only format text at the end.

Still, it might be one more thing in favour of Ben directing the sequel, but they are a couple, so it could always just be that.

But hey, if it's indeed Tomb Raider, at least we know work is really being done
I was thinking the formatting looked a bit odd but maybe she's writing an extended action sequence or something.
Old 17-06-19, 13:17   #562
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I try to enlarge the pic with Photoshop but unfortunately I can not read anything hahaha

It is very possible that it is something of TR ... Amy is only writing TR at the moment. Ben Wheatley was going to direct Alicia Vikander in a movie "Freakshift" ... too many coincidences.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 17-06-19 at 13:21.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 13:24   #563
TrustyBow
Professor

Hiring someone like Wheatley would give me so much faith in this film being a unique piece. I liked the first movie but you can tell it was made to be your by the numbers blockbuster movie. Hiring Amy already makes me think they plan a more individualistic, creator driven movie, and having Wheatley as a director would further cement that idea.

Was Alicia responsible for hiring Amy? She might be acting as a producer for the sequel (At least heavily involved in the creative process) if so. Honestly, I'd trust her as a producer. I think she has a pretty good understanding of Lara's character.

Last edited by TrustyBow; 17-06-19 at 13:26.
TrustyBow is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 13:49   #564
PinkyPromise
Archaeologist

I think Alicia is responsible for hiring Amy. She was going to shoot a movie with Ben (freakshift) written by Amy. The project could not get financing and it was canceled. I think it would be possible for Ben to agree to shoot TR to achieve success and to shoot Freakshift.
Definitely, Alice could have proposed to them for the sequel ... If everything is finally confirmed we could even see Armie Hammer friend of Alicia and Ben.

Last edited by PinkyPromise; 17-06-19 at 13:52.
PinkyPromise is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 14:30   #565
Tonyrobinson
Tomb Raider

I think there are a lot of stars aligning in this sequel. Alicia was attatched to Amy and Ben's film Freakshift which failed to get funding. Graham King has hired Amy and Alicia apparently liked what she saw in Amy's writing. I think it's very possible that Alicia has a producer credit this time around and that would surprise me considering she has her own production company, it's probably something similar to the Margot Robbie situation with the Harley Quinn movie.

My guess is that they'll either wait until Ben Wheatley finishes directing Rebecca before they announce him as director or they'll go with someone different making it the first solo project for Amy. If Ben Wheatley boards the project it's likely he will bring in his own team for the film which would include Laurie Rose as director of photography, Amy also doubling as the editor and Clint Mansell composing.

Last edited by Tonyrobinson; 17-06-19 at 14:34.
Tonyrobinson is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 14:33   #566
Portugalraider
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I was thinking the formatting looked a bit odd but maybe she's writing an extended action sequence or something.
Still, you generally want descriptions to be as short as possible and simple to read. The picture looks to have quite big walls of text.

But again, she might write things unformatted and do the formatting later. Many writers do it so they can get ideas flowing without having to worry about "formalities".
Old 17-06-19, 14:50   #567
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tonyrobinson View Post
I think there are a lot of stars aligning in this sequel. Alicia was attatched to Amy and Ben's film Freakshift which failed to get funding. Graham King has hired Amy and Alicia apparently liked what she saw in Amy's writing. I think it's very possible that Alicia has a producer credit this time around and that would surprise me considering she has her own production company, it's probably something similar to the Margot Robbie situation with the Harley Quinn movie.
Yeah thats what I was thinking. These character-centric blockbusters always do better when the star acts as a producer. That way they can make sure the studio doesn't interfere too much with the directors vision. That's part of the reason why I think the Mission Impossible and Deadpool movies are so successful.
Old 17-06-19, 15:00   #568
Ellioft
Professor

Let's be ready for a Vikanderfull production
Old 17-06-19, 15:35   #569
Portugalraider
Professor

It will be good to have an eye on the Harley Quinn/Birds of Prey movie for a couple of other reasons:
  • It's a WB movie with a female protagonist
  • It has mid-tear budget (75M)
  • Some leaks are claiming the movie has quite a well-written, interestingly good script

I feel that if this movie is successful, it might affect similar movies, like Tomb Raider. Even during production and post-production: if those phases go well for the Harley Quinn movie, they might want a similar production environment for Tomb Raider.
Old 17-06-19, 21:09   #570
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

I know we probably shouldnt expect anything for a while, but Im kinda starved for more news about the sequel. Idk what kind of news, but just something to keep us teased I guess.