www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat > Arts and Entertainment

Old 17-04-19, 21:42   #21
xcrushterx
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by iWANEX View Post
Can someone tell me why Sansa is acting all badass and entitled now when we all know the only reason she is alive is because everyone has been protecting her? She is absolutely useless. She could get a pass if she was at least humble but those looks to Danny? No, bitch. She would destroy you in a heartbeat. Show some respect because she's saving your ass.
Sansa is more than justified in her dislike of Daenerys.
Old 22-04-19, 11:34   #22
Dennis's Mom

Sansa, in a lot of ways, has never been allowed to be herself. She's been on the defensive so long, from King's Landing to Ramsay to Baelish. For years she's been under siege, trying desperately to figure out what game is being played and how to mitigate damage. I don't think she ever thought she could beat Cersei, Joffrey, Tryrion, Ramsay, Crazy aunt--I think she was just trying not to get too damaged, reach a point of no return (all "Ramsay needs is your lady parts"). The one person she thought was on her side--Baelish--turned her over to Ramsay. All she needed to do was look at Theon to see how her life could have turned out.

So now she's finally home, she finally has trustworthy allies, and the world isn't safe, but she is safe. So while I don't like her being pissy towards Dany, I get it. It's a big wrench thrown into the small bit of safety she'd built into her world.
Old 22-04-19, 11:43   #23
klona
Gold Contributor

That Arya scene took me by surprise...
Old 22-04-19, 11:44   #24
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Hmm. I'm beginning to wonder what is going on with Bran.

We have an omnipotent character who knows "everything" and instead of using those powers to benefit the humans we just have him sprinkling information into the mix as and when.

Why hasn't anyone sat him down and said - who are the ww, what do they want, how do we beat them, what happened during the last Long Night, etc.

I had assumed all this was actually happening off screen but then in the discussion before the major battle with the ww, only THEN does Bran reveals the crucial information that the Night King will come to find him.... Only then are they having the type of conversation that should have been happening ages ago.

Or is it that Bran isn't what he seems to be and a part of me is wondering if they will pull off a humungous twist with him. Because effectively what he has done by telling Jon his heritage right now (which he insisted was the right time) is effectively sow the seeds of discontent in the camp. Right when the humans need to have no split loyalties or animosities, when they had in fact come together in common purpose, someone has deliberately created something to quibble over again.

I hope there is a specific reason about to be revealed about why this is so important that Jon was told right when he was (good or bad) because at the moment it seems that Bran just wanted a juicy conflict for the audience going into the battle.

I have a feeling that this battle about to take place is already lost and only then Bran will reveal what really has to be done. And if they do that it will feel cheap because that conversation should have happened already.

I remember in season 2 where Tyrion is wracking his brains to fathom how to defeat Stannis's army. I loved all that presentation of the problem and showing how Tyrion worked out his plan. It made the ending of the battle believable and satisfying. I was hoping for something similar going into the battle with the ww.

Still it's exciting to see the WW all lined up like that at the end and so I am looking forward to seeing the next episode.

----

I think Greyworm and Missandei talking about what they're going to do post everything is the death knell for one of them during the battle.

----

My favourite scene during the episode was everyone coming together at the fire. And Tormund trying to impress Brienne and realising Jaime was his rival - "You killed a King, I killed a giant "
Old 22-04-19, 18:21   #25
biscuits
Professor

I loved the scene where everyone gathered around the fire. Tormund's crush on Brienne is adorable but unfortunately I don't see them getting together.

Arya sleeping with Gendry took me by surprise. I still can't get used to everyone actually being together though. I also find the "Sansa being the most clever person" phrase highly questionable. Sansa's the most easily manipulated character in the entire show. Learning a trick or two from Littlefinger doesn't make her clever. Being clever would apply to Sansa's character in the books, where she understands her weak position and makes the most out of it.

I do like how she has developed a more fiery attitude though. Makes sense after everything she's been through.

I'm also anticipating a huge fallout between Tyrion and Dany.
Old 22-04-19, 19:12   #26
Rai

Just finished watching. I also really liked the gathering around the fire scene. It was quite calming and touching. Can't help but wonder how many will survive the battle.

Seeing Arya with Gendry made feel a bit odd. It's like watching your niece getting it on..but then again, it's Arya and Gendry .

I agree with Blackmoor about Bran. He's basically a human encyclopedia of the past and present, why would they not gather as much info from him as possible?

Sansa is pretty much her mother with a touch of Cersie for good measure. She makes a good Lady of Winterfell (with Theon by her side to bring their houses together?), but I don't see her ruling the 7 kingdoms. Although I still wouldn't put it passed her to object to Dany's claim should they both survive that long or if the Iron throne is still a thing.
Old 22-04-19, 19:44   #27
Blackmoor
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Can't help but wonder how many will survive the battle.
I've been pondering on that since I watched it earlier today.

I think Greyworm, Ser Jorah (I don't want him to die but he seemed to be tying up his loose ends storywise), Brienne (as she has completed her story and become a Knight...), and Tormund are most likely.

Perhaps the Hound too.

Some of the major characters ought to go out too but I can't see it happening somehow.

What does everyone think, who's going out next episode?
Old 22-04-19, 19:50   #28
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
Just finished watching. I also really liked the gathering around the fire scene. It was quite calming and touching. Can't help but wonder how many will survive the battle.

Seeing Arya with Gendry made feel a bit odd. It's like watching your niece getting it on..but then again, it's Arya and Gendry .

I agree with Blackmoor about Bran. He's basically a human encyclopedia of the past and present, why would they not gather as much info from him as possible?

Sansa is pretty much her mother with a touch of Cersie for good measure. She makes a good Lady of Winterfell (with Theon by her side to bring their houses together?), but I don't see her ruling the 7 kingdoms. Although I still wouldn't put it passed her to object to Dany's claim should they both survive that long or if the Iron throne is still a thing.
Your Sansa and Catelyn comparison is spot on. I never really thought about it that way.
About Bran, maybe it's because most of the characters still can't wrap their minds around Bran being an all seeing walking human encyclopedia. Maybe they don't fully believe that his visions are true.
I think Dany is going on a downwards spiral with her power trip. Her reaction to Sansa hugging Theon upon their reunion was probably her realizing that she doesn't have a large sway over the people of Westeros.
Also, is anyone else really worried about the dragons not having enough to eat?? Sansa made it clear that she didn't account for Dany's army when it came to food and supplies for the winter.
I expect ALOT of people to bite the dust next week. Probably Davos or Varys. Maybe even Grey Worm. Or Brienne.
I'm worried
Old 22-04-19, 19:51   #29
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

I've always shipped Arya and Gendry! It was a bit awkward since she started being like 10 or 11, and I was hoping it wasn't going to show too much, but I'm glad it happened!

Also the Dany and Sansa talk I wanted to happen. I thought instead of just staring at each other, sit down and have a chat, get to know each other etc... I don't get why Dany can't just leave the north with Sansa/Jon if she sits on the throne. Surely she knows she actually needs to defeat the dead army first. Priorities!

Jon telling Dany about him so quickly surprised me but I guess it makes sense to do it before everything kicks off. I don't get why he also didn't just say "I don't want to be king so I won't tell anyone else and you can rule if we survive this". Boom simple! But I'm expecting them to turn on each other.
Old 22-04-19, 19:55   #30
biscuits
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blackmoor View Post
Perhaps the Hound too.
I feel like The Hound still has to deal with his zombie brother.