www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Next Generation Level Editor

Old 23-06-19, 17:35   #1
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Default NG Center not recognising TRLE folder

Quite a serious issue arose last night when I went to edit a sound.txt entry for my project. After using sfxexample.bat the whole folder became corrupted and I was left with no choice but to rebuild a trle folder from scratch. However, I am having an issue with reinstalling TRNG and rebuilding the script with NG Center.

I have tried both installing NG Center inside the TRLE folder and then installing it into its own folder. I keep getting an error saying 'sounds.txt could not be found', the script box is empty because it won't detect script.txt and trying to add the trle folder as a path in settings doesn't work either because it says 'the folder has already been added'.

Until I can fix this, all work on the project has stopped and it renders the level I have already compiled useless as without TRNG files in place, it doesn't work with all the triggers.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-06-19, 19:01   #2
SrDanielPonces
Relic Hunter

can you be more detailed about how did you reinstall it?
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-06-19, 10:17   #3
Reggie
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by SrDanielPonces View Post
can you be more detailed about how did you reinstall it?
It was a messy process of trial and error which included an attempted reinstallation. In the end, I went back to a rar file backup of the trle folder right after the problem first occurred. I deleted the graphics folder and then re-saved the same WADs into the graphics folder through wadmerger. This cleared up the corruption which occurred from messing with the sounds.txt originally.
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote