Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 11-05-18, 19:54   #21
Grimaldi

It’s cool to hear they’ve invested time into different game modes, but I wonder why they don’t just include competitive multiplayer? TR13’s was lacking, but they made that 5 years ago and surely received enough feedback to improve. The focus on predator combat and using the jungle in Shadow sounds like an ideal match for multiplayer, for whoever was interested.
Grimaldi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 19:55   #22
2001LC20
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan C. View Post
This doesn't sound very good to me. I don't know if it was me, but "not having time" to complete God of War story is the most stupid comment ever. If you don't have time to complete a single player story TODAY, wich are way shorter than they used to be, this means two things: they won't be spending that much money on a story that take a lot of money to build and instead they are aiming for a shorter game duration with a more heavy online component (DLC, expansion, episodic or whatever form).

I do support the idea of using online as platform. GTA Online is the best example out there. Now, adapting the formula of GTA to an online component was a success, not adding a dull multiplayer for taking money and justifying by saying profits are not good and in order to keep the game with future iterations, they need to sell (this is partially true, but downgrading quality of the product is not the answer)

I really, really, REAAALLY hope they take time to seriously think what are they going to do with multiplayer this time around, I'll go more for an online progressive-sort-of-thing instead. I don't remember who was it, but I saw a guy from Eidos Montreal on an interview about Shadow multiplayer and he said they would not bring online for the sake of it, because Tomb Raider is a single player experience.

If the game sells poorly, there is poor promotion or a bad product. God of War was becoming a cartoon of itself and the guys behind it did something to save it, and the result is out there, it's considered on the best games of this generation. I hate stupid excuses when it comes to justifying the wrongs, and consumer is always to blame. No, hell no. If you Eidos Montreal want to success make a great game instead of trying to sell 50 outfits or 50+ tombs with a DLC for me, as a long time consumer and fan, to pay extra for something that should be in whole from the beggining.

I am so pissed right now.
That's actually what i have been thinking for a while but i ignore for the best it's too early just for now......
2001LC20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 19:58   #23
Horus-Goddess

Quote:
"not having time" to complete God of War story is the most stupid comment ever. If you don't have time to complete a single player story TODAY, wich are way shorter than they used to be, this means two things: they won't be spending that much money on a story that take a lot of money to build and instead they are aiming for a shorter game duration with a more heavy online component (DLC, expansion, episodic or whatever form).
Those are all great points too. But I especially agree with what I've quoted here... Games used to be hours and hours long. I view it similarly to reading a very long book. You read a few chapters and come back to it another day... Not sure I understand why games can't be played and enjoyed in much the same way. But I guess it's due to peoples' short attention span these days, I don't know.

I already hate the endless DLC and such and this sounds like it'd be even worse... If they have to use a smaller budget to make a great game rather than some flashy movie, I don't see why they can't do that. It would be more cost effective for them and I'm sure it would still sell well.

Last edited by Horus-Goddess; 11-05-18 at 20:03.
Horus-Goddess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 20:02   #24
2001LC20
Inactive

I still can't believe they put the coop to a **** dlc!! What the **** is wrong with you Square??????????
Old 11-05-18, 20:06   #25
Mickybyrne20

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarasFan View Post
What if the online component is a tomb TRL editor?? You create your own tomb and share it for others to explore.
Somebody asked that question, and got a funny awkward response in return. I mean, it's not confirmed, but that would be a great addition to the game, and makes sense. I just hope the options you'd have available to you would make it actually worthwhile.
Mickybyrne20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 20:10   #26
Emix

Quote:
This doesn't sound very good to me. I don't know if it was me, but "not having time" to complete God of War story is the most stupid comment ever. If you don't have time to complete a single player story TODAY, wich are way shorter than they used to be, this means two things: they won't be spending that much money on a story that take a lot of money to build and instead they are aiming for a shorter game duration with a more heavy online component (DLC, expansion, episodic or whatever form).

I do support the idea of using online as platform. GTA Online is the best example out there. Now, adapting the formula of GTA to an online component was a success, not adding a dull multiplayer for taking money and justifying by saying profits are not good and in order to keep the game with future iterations, they need to sell (this is partially true, but downgrading quality of the product is not the answer)

I really, really, REAAALLY hope they take time to seriously think what are they going to do with multiplayer this time around, I'll go more for an online progressive-sort-of-thing instead. I don't remember who was it, but I saw a guy from Eidos Montreal on an interview about Shadow multiplayer and he said they would not bring online for the sake of it, because Tomb Raider is a single player experience.

If the game sells poorly, there is poor promotion or a bad product. God of War was becoming a cartoon of itself and the guys behind it did something to save it, and the result is out there, it's considered on the best games of this generation. I hate stupid excuses when it comes to justifying the wrongs, and consumer is always to blame. No, hell no. If you Eidos Montreal want to success make a great game instead of trying to sell 50 outfits or 50+ tombs with a DLC for me, as a long time consumer and fan, to pay extra for something that should be in whole from the beggining.

I am so pissed right now.
This made me worried too.
And comment about online made me curious and also worried. Last 2 years i am more into MP games so i hope that i will like it here.

It sounds like online mode won't really be MP in Shadow... i wonder how and what it is?
Emix is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 20:11   #27
Evan C.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Horus-Goddess View Post
Those are all great points too. But I especially agree with what I've quoted here... Games used to be hours and hours long. I view it similarly to reading a very long book. You read a few chapters and come back to it another day... Not sure I understand why games can't be played and enjoyed in much the same way. But I guess it's due to peoples' short attention span these days, I don't know.

I already hate the endless DLC and such and this sounds like it'd be even worse... If they have to use a smaller budget to make a great game rather than some flashy movie, I don't see why they can't do that. It would be more cost effective for them and I'm sure it would still sell well.
This. And I would name so many AMAZING triple A games so profitable and not for having multiplayer or dulls DLC's but they are solid, strong and with a beautiful craftmanship behind them. The first one that comes to my mind is The Witcher 3. And it's a single player experience.
This sounds more like saying....this is what we are going to do in order to keep this game alive since it's too expensive to create and basically, if we don't do DLC to make it profitable we have to think what other things we can do to gain. MAKE A GOOD GAME YOU FOOLS. This is like selling the crappiest meat on an hamburger and for extra 0.50 cents you get onions, for another 0.50 you get cheese, for another 0.50 you get sauce, and that until you get a decent hamburger. Well, they are saying.....I can't give that much meat because it's expensive to produce, so instead we are trying to see how much more other things we can add on top to give you even less meat in the hamburger.
Evan C. is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 20:16   #28
2001LC20
Inactive

Angry

They did **** up with the dlcs and editions but if it wasn't TR i would boycott it! I just hope the game is amazing or i will be extremely ANGRY!!!!! We waited for years for a new TR game!!!!! I hope they won't mess it up but i am an optimistic person we'll see how it goes.....
Old 11-05-18, 20:23   #29
TrustyBow

Quote:
Originally Posted by LarasFan View Post
What if the online component is a tomb TRL editor?? You create your own tomb and share it for others to explore.
That'd be amazing.

Either that or a GTA like hub online area where you can team up with others to raid Tombs.
TrustyBow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-05-18, 20:27   #30
Emix

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2001LC20 View Post
They did **** up with the dlcs and editions but if it wasn't TR i would boycott it! I just hope the game is amazing or i will be extremely ANGRY!!!!! We waited for years for a new TR game!!!!! I hope they won't mess it up but i am an optimistic person we'll see how it goes.....
It's clearly about money and profit so i think that DLCs will be short and bad.
Emix is online now   Reply With Quote