www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Future of Tomb Raider

Old 16-05-19, 13:40   #161
mandylane
Historian

i think they need to add more characters like jonah. either male or female. completely new. i dont know

looking at jonah all over and over is getting boring.

Last edited by mandylane; 16-05-19 at 13:41.
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 14:22   #162
Hepburn
Hobbyist

Quote:
Originally Posted by mandylane View Post
i think they need to add more characters like jonah. either male or female. completely new. i dont know

looking at jonah all over and over is getting boring.
Agreed. I was always partial to Alister/Zip from the LAU era. Jonah is a bit too stoic for my tastes. The more fun/interesting the side characters are, the more personality they can bring out of Lara herself.

Plus, the other thing about Alister/Zip that I liked was that they didn't actually go on the adventures. The LAU Lara came across as more capable/independent because--in the field--she was alone. Alister/Zip were to Lara what Ving Rhames' character in Mission Impossible was to Ethan Hunt... a voice in the ear that could provide intel, emotional support, a moral compass, and a few jokes.

Basically, I think reboot Lara needs a lighthearted buddy that can challenge her intellectually/emotionally/morally without completely stealing the spotlight. And perhaps it is too much of a trope, but I really think Lara could use a Ron Stoppable to her Kim Possible, a Joker to her Shepard, a Castle to her detective Beckett.
Hepburn is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-19, 15:40   #163
mandylane
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hepburn View Post
Agreed. I was always partial to Alister/Zip from the LAU era. Jonah is a bit too stoic for my tastes. The more fun/interesting the side characters are, the more personality they can bring out of Lara herself.

Plus, the other thing about Alister/Zip that I liked was that they didn't actually go on the adventures. The LAU Lara came across as more capable/independent because--in the field--she was alone. Alister/Zip were to Lara what Ving Rhames' character in Mission Impossible was to Ethan Hunt... a voice in the ear that could provide intel, emotional support, a moral compass, and a few jokes.

Basically, I think reboot Lara needs a lighthearted buddy that can challenge her intellectually/emotionally/morally without completely stealing the spotlight. And perhaps it is too much of a trope, but I really think Lara could use a Ron Stoppable to her Kim Possible, a Joker to her Shepard, a Castle to her detective Beckett.
yeah altho in shadow she meets for example the woman from paititi and so on and unuratu and so on but yes... in the DLC new characters are actually included but still
mandylane is offline   Reply With Quote