www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 06-11-10, 02:35   #1
Sir Croft
Legend

Arrow The Dragon Age Series Thread

This post/thread might have spoilers. Proceed with caution.

[PC/PS3/Xbox 360/PS4/Xbox One]

Release Date: October 7, 2014

Explore a vast, fantasy world at the brink of catastrophe in Dragon Age™: Inquisition, a next-generation action RPG, where your choices shape and drive the experience. In this upcoming video game from BioWare, makers of Mass Effect 3 and Dragon Age: Origins, you’ll make your mark in an expansive, story-driven open world filled with complex characters, challenging combat and difficult decisions.

A cataclysmic event has plunged the land of Thedas into turmoil. Dragons now darken the sky, casting a shadow of terror over a once-peaceful kingdom. Mages have broken into an all-out war against the oppressive Templars. Nations rise against one another. It falls to you to restore order as you lead the Inquisition and hunt down the agents of chaos - your choices will forever change the Dragon Age.

Debut Trailer

"A World Revealed" Trailer

"The Inquisitor" Trailer

__________________________________________________ _______
Series Recap

[PC/XBOX 360/PS3]
METACRITIC: 91

Dragon Age: Origins is a single-player only game that BioWare co-CEO Ray Muzyka describes as a "spiritual successor" to the Baldur's Gate series, though it is not based on Dungeons & Dragons rules or the Forgotten Realms setting. It utilizes a new BioWare-developed game engine named Eclipse. There is also a toolset for creation of fan-made content available for free download.
You are a Grey Warden, one of the last of a legendary order of guardians. With the return of an ancient foe and the kingdom engulfed in civil war, you have been chosen by fate to unite the shattered lands and slay the archdemon once and for all. Start your adventure by picking your class as a Human, Elf, or Dwarf. Then after that, it is all up to you. The choices you make guide the path you take through the Ninth Age: The Dragon Age.
The player character—"the Warden"—will begin his/her journey with one of the six origin stories. The origin chosen determines who the Warden is prior to the main events of the game's story. By the same measure, it also affects how NPCs (party and non-party) will react to the Warden. Elves, for example, are often viewed as second-class citizens.

SCREENSHOTS

VIDEOS

Sacred Ashes Trailer

Downloadable Content:

The Stone Prisoner
Warden's Keep
Return to Ostagar
The Darkspawn Chronicles
Leliana's Song
The Golems of Amgarrak
Witch Hunt
Feastday Gifts
Feastday Pranks

Expansion Pack: Dragon Age: Awakening
[PC/XBOX 360/PS3]
METACRITIC: 82

The events of Awakening begin six months after the conclusion of Dragon Age: Origins. The player takes on the role of a Grey Warden commander, who is either an imported character from Origins or a new Warden from Orlais. The Orlesian Warden is treated differently because of the history between Orlais and Ferelden—and because an imported Warden will be renowned to begin with, having killed an archdemon almost single-handedly in Origins.
While rebuilding the Grey Wardens and establishing Vigil's Keep, a fortress given to the Grey Wardens at the end of Origins, as a new base of operations, the Warden is faced with a new challenge. It is revealed that despite the defeat of the archdemon, the darkspawn have not returned underground and a new variety of sapient, speaking darkspawn have been discovered. Two entities, named The Architect and The Mother, appear to be involved and the Warden may have to deal with them. Once this mission is complete, the world will have changed dramatically.

VIDEOS
Trailer

[PC/XBOX 360/PS3]
METACRITIC: 83

Dragon Age 2 thrusts players into the role of Hawke, a penniless refugee who rises to power to become the single most important character in the world of Dragon Age. Known to be a survivor of the Blight and the Champion of Kirkwall, the legend around Hawke’s rise to power is shrouded in myth and rumor. Featuring an all-new story spanning 10 years, players will help tell that tale by making tough moral choices, gathering the deadliest of allies, amassing fame and fortune, and sealing their place in history. The way you play will write the story of how the world is changed forever.

SCREENSHOTS

VIDEOS
Destiny Debut Trailer

Rise to Power Trailer

Downloadable Content:
The Exhiled Prince
Legacy
Item Packs
Mark of The Assassin

Last edited by Sir Croft; 22-04-14 at 23:50.
Sir Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 02:53   #2
Paddy
Tomb Raider

Awesome to have a new thread
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 03:05   #3
Sir Croft
Legend

Yeah, I decided to post a new thread with all the info so people can understand what the hell we're talking about!
Old 06-11-10, 03:17   #4
scoopy_loopy
Tomb Raider

HOLY ****ING CRAP BALLS WOW! I hadn't seen that second trailer, it blew me away! I'm more excited than ever for the sequel!
Old 06-11-10, 03:25   #5
Sir Croft
Legend

I was a bit skeptical about the graphics... heck, I was skeptical about the whole art style, but when I saw that second trailer I was like
Old 06-11-10, 03:41   #6
Alpharaider47
Tomb Raider

Awesome work on the OP
Old 06-11-10, 03:43   #7
Sir Croft
Legend

Thanks! It took me some time, but I actually enjoyed gathering all the info I could fit on the first post!
Old 06-11-10, 03:49   #8
Catracoth

Nicely put together thread.
Makes me wish I appreciated the games more.
Catracoth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 04:17   #9
Paddy
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catracoth View Post
Nicely put together thread.
Makes me wish I appreciated the games more.
You still can when or if you decide to get Origins
Paddy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-11-10, 04:23   #10
miss.haggard
Darth Laney

Lady Hawke has got it going on. I might not change anything, except her name - Mike Hawke. Say it fast. Oh yeah. Nice thread too!
miss.haggard is offline   Reply With Quote