www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 19-02-19, 12:17   #31
Ashnod
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
I cannot believe 9 out of 10 do not finish the game. I might have got a game I did not like and not finish (cannot remember). But all the Tomb Raider games, I have persevered (more when I started to play) to the finish. I might not have gotten 100% but went back to collect as much as possible that I missed. On one of the games I even got a “gamer friend” to get a timed relic for me,
It's very common. I'm not sure of 9 of 10, but if I ask my coworkers who are gamers if they have finished a game I will often be told something like this:

"I have about *eleven* games I've bought that are still unopened from the PS3 era. Don't know if I'll ever get around to even breaking them open. I was playing X game, and I got about halfway into it, but then I really wanted to play Y game again, so I started that up, then Z game came out and I played about six hours of it, then went back to Y game because I love it so much," etc.

It's not a mindset that I personally share. At the moment, the only game I bought new that I haven't finished is Deus Ex Mankind Divided. And although I didn't have fun with the first five hours or so I've played of it, it's taunting me because not finishing it implies a wasted expense, and because I liked Deus Ex Human Revolution so much.

Last edited by Ashnod; 19-02-19 at 12:20.
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 14:47   #32
Robwood
Archaeologist

Good Lord! I grew up ADHD and not even / would bounce back and forth between games! Of course, I'm also a selective player and would never own a large library for any console in the first place.
Old 19-02-19, 16:04   #33
Ashnod
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robwood View Post
Good Lord! I grew up ADHD and not even / would bounce back and forth between games! Of course, I'm also a selective player and would never own a large library for any console in the first place.
Never fallen victim to a Steam sale?
Ashnod is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 16:27   #34
Cat Woman
Student

Except for an earlier Alice in Wonderland (my favourite fairy tale/kids book) PC game, the only other games I bought new and kept are Tomb Raider ones. However, once I changed up from PC to xBox to xBox 360, and now xBox one - I traded or gave them away as not compatible. I have only bought Rise of the Tomb Raider (going to download all the DLC also) and Shadow of the Tomb Raider (with all DLCs). Any other games, I get used ones and trade them in.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 19-02-19 at 16:33. Reason: Clarification
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-02-19, 17:39   #35
Robwood
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ashnod View Post
Never fallen victim to a Steam sale?
Nope! I only got Steam because there was a promotion that made Portal a free download. I went through Steam because the game wasn't available for consoles at the time. After that, I bought 2 other games, but I uninstalled them because they didn't work out how I required them to. There was supposed to be this Garry's mod where you had to buy a couple of games and the mod in order to have a Five Nights at Freddy's restaurant you could walk around in, which I tried to create for my niece since she wanted it so badly. I wasn't able to get it to work, no matter how much advice I received, so I gave up on Steam entirely after that...not that I was really into it in the first place. Portal is clearly made for consoles, so I'm glad it was eventually released as such a game.
Old 19-02-19, 19:22   #36
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Athukraz View Post
Just losers. No one can be THAT busy to never progress more than 5 minutes in a linear game
In all fairness, I have tons of games on Steam that I picked up during sales for pennies and I never cared to even download them. I plan to, but somehow I always get busy with something else. A lot of these games also have achievements and I guess I contribute to those "who never completed them" as such. Not sure how often this happens overall though when we look at statistics.