Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 11-09-13, 00:08   #21
Gracious Days

As nostalgic as it is for many people to play TR1, it's a similar feeling I get to see another review series from you. After all, they pushed me to play the classics.

A quality start. Sometimes before I begin the game proper again, I'll play Lara's Home the intended way too. TR3's version still reigns supreme, though.
Gracious Days is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 00:18   #22
Eddie Haskell

You know I actually never "used" Lara's Home at all. I do recall looking around very briefly when I first got the game all of those years ago, but I never really utilized it as it was intended. Did I miss very much? I don't think so after seeing what has been presented here.
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 00:20   #23
ThatToastyBass
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
You know I actually never "used" Lara's Home at all. I do recall looking around very briefly when I first got the game all of those years ago, but I never really utilized it as it was intended. Did I miss very much? I don't think so after seeing what has been presented here.
Out of interest, why was that? Were you more keen to get into the game proper, learning moves 'on the job' so to speak?
ThatToastyBass is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 00:21   #24
sheepman23

Quote:
Originally Posted by Eddie Haskell View Post
Nah, not really. I just like it for nostalgic purposes. It lacks the complexity of the other two classic manors, and it doesn't have any connection to the story. It's just a really brief tutorial that gets you familiarized with the controls. And in that regard, it does its job pretty well.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 00:25   #25
Eddie Haskell

Quote:
Originally Posted by ThatToastyBass View Post
Out of interest, why was that? Were you more keen to get into the game proper, learning moves 'on the job' so to speak?
To be honest I was in a hurry to play the game. If I recall correctly, I thought that this was just a waste of time and a kind of sideshow to the game itself. And by the way, the C&C system of the game was not that hard to learn on the fly.

I do remember that it did take me a long time to just get through the caves for a variety of reasons, with the most substantial being completely astounded by the game world. It might be hard to understand today, but back then this game was as real as it gets.
Eddie Haskell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 12:04   #26
sheepman23

Done with Caves and have the screenshots saved and resized, but I'm really busy today so I'm not sure if I'll have a chance to post the review. We'll see.
sheepman23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 13:55   #27
mepsipax

Blast from the past! Good to see you doing reviews again Sheepman, I loved all your past ones, look forward to reading this one too!
As for Laras Home, I haven't played it in so long... Don't remember what it's like in TR1. It was quite a novel idea though, I always thought.
mepsipax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 19:48   #28
charliesewell

Yes! Another Sheepman review!

I really like the nostalgic angle you're putting on these reviews.

Loved your Lara's Home review, the screenshots and the captions.

I can't wait for more!
charliesewell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 19:55   #29
Mytly

Hey, Sheepman Reviews™ are back!
Mytly is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-09-13, 23:12   #30
SrDanielPonces

I like you reviews !
SrDanielPonces is offline   Reply With Quote