www.tombraiderforums.com

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider III > The Lost Artifact

Old 09-09-18, 14:06   #1
Samz
Professor

Default Lost Artifact Download?

Anyone got a download for the Lost Artefact compatible with Modern systems?

My current PC Lacks a disc Drive and Square apparently decided PC users don't want the Expansions re-released.
Old 09-09-18, 14:08   #2
NoahCrofRaider
Relic Hunter

They really should port TLA, along with the other Gold expansions, onto Steam. I was fortunate enough to get all the Gold expansions for fair prices, but these are levels that many fans should get to play.
Old 09-09-18, 14:10   #3
Samz
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoahCrofRaider View Post
They really should port TLA, along with the other Gold expansions, onto Steam. I was fortunate enough to get all the Gold expansions for fair prices, but these are levels that many fans should get to play.
Yep, I'd pay for Lost Artefact if they put up as DLC for 3 on steam or a separate game on GOG, but they haven't, which is a shame since I loved the first two Gold Expansions.

Last edited by Samz; 09-09-18 at 17:37.
Samz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-18, 23:54   #4
Zreen001
Professor

I have it, I'm just not sure whether sharing it would count as "piracy", since it's not *quite* vapor-ware yet. Plus it's still a mounted game, so I'd have to make a workaround to make it not require loading a disc (should be easy enough, I just never needed to be without the disc before).
Old 10-09-18, 00:11   #5
Helegad
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Square apparently decided PC users don't want the Expansions re-released.
They didn't decide anything because it's not going to make any real money. This is a AAA company making products, not games.
Old 10-09-18, 00:16   #6
Girafarig32
Professor

There is an executable that allows for the game to be run without the disc, however I believe this method only works after first installing from the disc. So you could have the files sent to you and employ the linked method of playing the game. As far as legality goes, the game is essentially abandonware. HOWEVER, you may want to consult with our administrator before proceeding just to be certain and avoid any possible litigation. Hope this helps!
Old 10-09-18, 01:38   #7
Zreen001
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Girafarig32 View Post
As far as legality goes, the game is essentially abandonware. HOWEVER, you may want to consult with our administrator before proceeding just to be certain and avoid any possible litigation. Hope this helps!
THIS is why I'm hesitant about all of this. I have no desire to get on admin's bad side again yet on the other hand at some point The Lost Artifact may someday be unavailable for purchase as a physical product. So I just want to know exactly what's allowed and what's not before going further with discussing sharing game files.
Old 10-09-18, 06:40   #8
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Dunno wether I should say this or not, but I found it online and didn't need the CD for it. Worked like a charm.
I had it years ago but lost the CD and it was on an old PC.
Obviously cannot post a link as THAT would be bad - but simple discussion should be OK
Google is your friend

Kind of a shame that these old gems are being abandoned as the years go by

Last edited by dcw123; 10-09-18 at 06:42.
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 07:51   #9
Sardoc
Archaeologist

We've tried for many, many years to get it on Steam/Gog, but I can only conclude Square just doesn't want our money.
Sardoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-18, 09:12   #10
Maverin
Archaeologist

Normally speaking I'm always all "support the developers!" and buy the game. But since it's just impossible to get this one legally, and since it doesn't look like they'll ever re-release this one, I'd say go for it and download it somewhere.

I have the game myself, got it as a gift from a special person, but I've also looked around the internet and couldn't even find used copies for sale on ebay or similar websites. It's a shame that a game as good as this one became abandonware.