Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider

Old 17-11-07, 11:08   #21
Anubis_AF

We love you aussie
Anubis_AF is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-07, 11:26   #22
Chug a Bug

Nice to see those old magazines again. People look at TR1 nowadays and think, oh, isn't it dated! Look at the cruddy graphics! But when it was released it was amazing for it's time I can remember playing it for the first time when it first came out and being as they said, absolutely gob smacked. I'd played nothing like before it was truly revolutionary and I was simply blown away by it.
Chug a Bug is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-07, 11:40   #23
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Clara [CA] View Post
If you have the names of the magazines, maybe we can ask around ? It would be worth to try
The only hints l have are a pull out supplement on the Core games from an early Edge magazine, this contained screenshots. An article in a Die Hard GameFans magazine about the Jaguar which included interviews with some of the Core Design people, who mentioned the systems Tomb raider was coming out on. And an article possibly from a CES show about new/upcoming games for different systems that mentioned the Jag version of Tomb Raider.

All pretty vague, no dates or issue numbers, not that scans from Edge are that easy to get anyway.

Edit - Another little piece of Tomb Raider history, from May 1996 we have this glimpse from Electronic Gaming Monthly 082. Some might recognise part of an early intro FMV in one of these pics. (Please do not provide any links to the footage though, as it is currently not allowed on the forum)

Again thanks to Retromags.com for scanning the magazine.

Last edited by aussie500; 17-11-07 at 13:33.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-07, 16:16   #24
kill bill
Inactive

Can you go back even more in time where it shows the braid because I don't want to be banned again
kill bill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-07, 18:44   #25
Anajrob

SO scans re allowed!? Even if they show cut out pieces!

Thanks for sharing
Anajrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-07, 22:05   #26
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anajrob View Post
SO scans re allowed!? Even if they show cut out pieces!

Thanks for sharing
If it was published in a magazine (and Lara still has her clothes on) it is allowed, not even Eidos can object to us having these old scans. l doubt l will find anything discussing the buggy braid Kill Bill, but l will post whatever l can find. Unfortunately the scans are not that easy to find.

We have known for years the braid was dropped from Tomb Raider 1 because they could not get it working properly anyway, of course where this knowledge originally came from remains to be seen by some of us.

Last edited by aussie500; 17-11-07 at 22:11.
Old 17-11-07, 22:38   #27
Anajrob

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
If it was published in a magazine (and Lara still has her clothes on) it is allowed, not even Eidos can object to us having these old scans. l doubt l will find anything discussing the buggy braid Kill Bill, but l will post whatever l can find. Unfortunately the scans are not that easy to find.

We have known for years the braid was dropped from Tomb Raider 1 because they could not get it working properly anyway, of course where this knowledge originally came from remains to be seen by some of us.
There are scans with her clotes off!? j/k

Where did you find the scans you posted!? Do you have those old magazines?
Anajrob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-11-07, 22:46   #28
kill bill
Inactive

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post

Did you not see the video I posted then got banned for a week Also in the scan u posted above the guns were in the 1993 beta test version along with the braid and the glasses I posted
Old 17-11-07, 23:30   #29
aussie500
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anajrob View Post
There are scans with her clotes off!? j/k

Where did you find the scans you posted!? Do you have those old magazines?
Unfortunately l have hardly any magazines myself, l already posted mine ages ago, the ones above came from file sharing sites, as usual l am to late and most are gone now. But l am still looking.

Quote:
Originally Posted by kill bill View Post
Did you not see the video I posted then got banned for a week Also in the scan u posted above the guns were in the 1993 beta test version along with the braid and the glasses I posted
Kill Bill l have seen all the video's, your ill advised post was not the first to mention them either. l can assure you there was no 1993 beta test version of Tomb Raider, in fact l do not even think Toby Gard the one who came up with the concept for the game worked at Core in 1993.
Old 18-11-07, 02:24   #30
kill bill
Inactive

Wink

It was the beta and toby started the idea its in the aod companion book