www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 11-01-14, 07:53   #101
Aurimas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gia_ View Post
Cafe 'Metro'?
Maybe it was in this street? Together with this.

Another interesting thing is that we did not explore whole Vasily. Vasily also has some more windows from the outside.

Last edited by Aurimas; 11-01-14 at 08:17.
Aurimas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 09:11   #102
Gia_
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peterstar101 View Post
Need any help researching Gia? I am free for most of this month
Yes that would be great!
Gia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 15:31   #103
KIKO
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
Maybe it was in this street? Together with this.

Another interesting thing is that we did not explore whole Vasily. Vasily also has some more windows from the outside.
So Margot Carvier's Apartment was supposed to be in the Derelict Apartment Block building? Hmm I wonder what made them change its location.

Oh my god! This is why the police finds Lara in the first level. Because Carvier sent them there. See it could be that we were meant to visit Carvier in that building in the first floor, the door to the left that doesn't open. Then Carvier calls the police, we exit her apartment, we go upstairs because of the smoke bomb (or we fight the police instead), go through Industrial Rooftops and in the end, instead of falling in that dumpster, Lara falls inside the old train. The one in Parisian Ghetto. This could be something to consider!
KIKO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 16:07   #104
Wraith
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post
So Margot Carvier's Apartment was supposed to be in the Derelict Apartment Block building? Hmm I wonder what made them change its location.

Oh my god! This is why the police finds Lara in the first level. Because Carvier sent them there. See it could be that we were meant to visit Carvier in that building in the first floor, the door to the left that doesn't open. Then Carvier calls the police, we exit her apartment, we go upstairs because of the smoke bomb (or we fight the police instead), go through Industrial Rooftops and in the end, instead of falling in that dumpster, Lara falls inside the old train. The one in Parisian Ghetto. This could be something to consider!
Yeah That's always irked me a little, the way the flow doesn't seem right. Industrial Rooftops coming after Cavier's Apartment always made more sense to me even when I first played it. In fact I think (I can't check right now) in the playstation, using the code to access the level list, Industrial DOES come after Carvier. I don't know why that should be - if it means anything or not.

Obviously the first level is the first level (?), but it is confusing to make what appears to be a circle - escape from apartments (in cutscene - was that Von Croy's apartment block right there? My mind is fuzzy, and I know we're playing a flashback for the first part of the game), backstreets, more apartments, rooftops, then more apartments (Carvier's) and randomly waking up in a train. Also that back section of Carvier's being explorable/interactable, but never actually used in gameplay or cutscene, makes me wonder if there were orginally two ways out.

Last edited by Wraith; 11-01-14 at 16:10.
Wraith is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 16:21   #105
Aurimas

Quote:
Originally Posted by KIKO View Post

Yes, Margot Carvier's Aparment was in Derelict Apartment Block building. You should watch this video. Paris probably was not that huge at that time but for some reason they kept making unnecessary changes instead of finishing single version of the game. The worst thing is that the best content was removed and we got nothing!

The building's different windows matching Carvier's Aparment can be seen in this video on 3:08 too.

Last edited by Aurimas; 11-01-14 at 16:22.
Old 11-01-14, 16:25   #106
SLAYER
Archaeologist

Why would Carvier, a high level manager at the louvre, live in a ''Derelict'' Apartment Block?

And the police were chasing Lara in the cutscene before the first level starts, there is no need to explain why the police were there, as she wasn't far away from them.
Old 11-01-14, 16:59   #107
Aurimas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
Why would Carvier, a high level manager at the louvre, live in a ''Derelict'' Apartment Block?
I guess it was not Derelict Apartment Block then. They changed interior and exterior of the building.
Old 11-01-14, 17:34   #108
Gia_
Student

It also really bugs me that Industrial Rooftops came after Carviers Apartment. But, on the other side, when Lara falls of the roof into a bin, she reads a paper with probably Carviers adress..

This is what originally was planned for the start of the game;

'Early Events at Von Croy's Apartment.

- Lara argues with Von Croy.
- Von Croy is incoherent with fear and waving a gun about. Lara picks up a torn fax with a symbol on it.
- During the confusion Lara gets struck on the head from behind. There are gunshots.
- Eckhardt 'takes care' of Von Croy.
- The gunshots have alerted the neighbors who call the police.
- People are banging on the doors Eckhardt exits.
- Lara is concussed. She exits just ahead of the police but gets ID'd.
- She makes it to the street.
- Start of the game with Lara in the courtyard'
Gia_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 17:46   #109
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aurimas View Post
Yes, Margot Carvier's Aparment was in Derelict Apartment Block building. You should watch this video.
While we're at it does anyone know what's exactly?
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-01-14, 18:00   #110
Aurimas

Another interesting this is that in Cabal meeting cut scene there is still a chair for Luther Rouzic!