Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 27-10-18, 16:23   #71
HeinzFritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I think I found a bug in WADViewer. I am trying to export a DOG enemy to 3ds max so I can animate it, but for some reason WADViewer doesn't see mesh0 of that object. It always thinks it is a dummy mesh. This makes it impossible to open the .3ds inside 3ds max, since the mesh0 (which is the primary mesh) does not exist.
I can only guess that your DOG is the only (or first) object. The first object in TrViewer has always the mesh0 as a dummy mesh,
Try exporting a DOG from one of the default tr4 levels to 3ds Max.
HeinzFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-11-18, 08:45   #72
Caesum

^ I forgot to mention but yes, you are actually very right! I put LARA object, then my wolf into the wad and now it works flawless, thank you.

That being said would it be possible for TRViewer to automatically fill empty frames with keys? Or actually, I think TRViewer ignores some of my meshes during animation import and then thinks some meshes do not have keyframes applied.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 11:13   #73
HeinzFritz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
I think TRViewer ignores some of my meshes during animation import and then thinks some meshes do not have keyframes applied.
Probably these "ignored meshes" really do not have key frames applied.
Let's say you animate a leg and then create a key frame. Then this key frame is a key frame only for the leg while all other meshes are not keyed in this frame.
If you are using Max for animations, I suggest that when the animation is finished to select all meshes and make every frame a key frame for all meshes
Otherwise it is very difficult not to omit one ore more meshes.
HeinzFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 13:23   #74
Joey79100

There is a feature to automatically bake your animation (assign keys to all frames for every mesh) in 3DS Max.
It's better to use it than doing it manually, because doing it manually will make the interpolation more linear (and look less smooth), while the bake feature will keep the interpolation the same as it looked before doing it.

Here is how to use it:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ads_royje
to bake animation;
. with your objects selected
. in Command Panel Motion > Trajectories

Sample range
. Start time
. End time
. Samples (This is the 'tricky' one, Sample is amount of keys for time start to time end) For 1 key per frame, set sample to the frame count)
for instance, 0 to 100, sample should be 101 (including frame 0)

Then click 'Collapse' button
Choosing the the Transforms you want to bake (Position, Rotation, Scale) default is Position and Rotation.
Basically, it will do the same as exporting the animation to FBX and reimporting it afterwards, except it should assign every key to every frame everytime I think (FBX export/import might leave some keys undone as some form of compression, because they're considered not necessary by the software).
Joey79100 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-11-18, 13:42   #75
Caesum

^ Oh fantastic! Thank you! Actually it seems FBX ignored baking keyframes to some meshes that didn't have any keys applied when the animation was exported from *.tr4. Interesting enough when you try to import such animation back into TRViewer the animation gets corrupted...

All more the reason to make it possible for TRViewer to automatically fill keyframes on import.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 15:46   #76
mizuno_suisei

Will TRviewer ever be updated to include TRC? I'm talking full level edit ability not just base files with trc2tr4
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17-06-19, 22:57   #77
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Will TRviewer ever be updated to include TRC? I'm talking full level edit ability not just base files with trc2tr4
I’m curious about this too. Chronicles has always been very limited when it comes to modding, and it’d be nice if TRViewer or some other tool could enable people to mod the game without any game-breaking bugs.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-06-19, 09:05   #78
mizuno_suisei

It's not only trc exclusive triggers that seem to become corrupted, flipmaps too it seems (I cannot access cutscene two in level 1 as trigger is in flipped room that wont occur post modding with fexmerger)
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 05:18   #79
sapper

I don't plan to update TRViewer for .trc files.

The source code is available so maybe someone with better C++ skills might do it.

As for modding tools wait for b122251 whose tool looks the most promising.

Last edited by sapper; 19-06-19 at 05:22.
sapper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-06-19, 22:00   #80
NoahCrofRaider

Quote:
Originally Posted by sapper View Post
I don't plan to update TRViewer for .trc files.

The source code is available so maybe someone with better C++ skills might do it.

As for modding tools wait for b122251 whose tool looks the most promising.
Ah well, thank you for saying something about it. I suppose it’s probably most important that the first four games have TRViewer support, since those are more commonly modded than Chronicles ever was.
NoahCrofRaider is offline   Reply With Quote