www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Last Revelation

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 22-01-20, 00:57   #1
hey007
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 36
Default long cave

i can barely remember it but year's ago when i had tr4 on ps1 i remember getting stuck on a level where you had a meeting with some guy then travel to a cave entrance, i remember going in and was very long lots of exploring then i came out of a hole back to the entrance of the cave again lol not sure what happened there, i never got past this part. hoping to do it pretty soon, im playing tr4 at the moment and on a level where there's those spider things chasing you across floor and you have to pull few switches in the wall and climb back up rope to door. i think the level i got stuck on comes abit later on, i think it was like a big city alexandra or something like that.
hey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 13:03   #2
Maverin
Archaeologist
 
Maverin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey007 View Post
i can barely remember it but year's ago when i had tr4 on ps1 i remember getting stuck on a level where you had a meeting with some guy then travel to a cave entrance, i remember going in and was very long lots of exploring then i came out of a hole back to the entrance of the cave again lol not sure what happened there, i never got past this part. hoping to do it pretty soon, im playing tr4 at the moment and on a level where there's those spider things chasing you across floor and you have to pull few switches in the wall and climb back up rope to door. i think the level i got stuck on comes abit later on, i think it was like a big city alexandra or something like that.
Aren't you referring to the beetles where you have to activate triggers by reaching in a square hole? Then you have to jump back on a pole and climb back up.

The meeting with a guy is confusing me a little bit. You meet with Von Croy at the very beginning of the game as a young Lara but there aren't any really long caves there.
Then you begin the game as adult Lara, also accompanied with a guide in red clothing and a torch who follows you around the Tomb but later betrays you.
__________________
Remember
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 13:56   #3
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: 空境の家で。SoraSakai’s House
Posts: 2,443
Default

Do you mean Jean-Yves?

You’re in the Tomb of Semerkhet, right? Because you mention spiders (beetles), switches (niches), and a rope (pole).
A few levels later you’re in Alexandria, where you meet a guy (reunite to be more precise), and then you head off to cave-like areas (cave is really not the right word), namely Coastal Ruins and Catacombs. You need to give more details, tbh. And what’s the matter?
__________________
Lana Crotch = Lora Crott = Laura Craft ≠ Lara Croft
Tomb Raidering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 18:27   #4
hey007
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 36
Default

yeah that's where im at with those beetles at the moment, i think the part i got stuck on year's ago was the catacombs, im just trying to think if it was a motorcycle that took you close to entrance of place, it was so long ago now lol
hey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22-01-20, 19:27   #5
Tomb Raidering
Archaeologist
 
Tomb Raidering's Avatar
 
Join Date: Aug 2019
Location: 空境の家で。SoraSakai’s House
Posts: 2,443
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey007 View Post
yeah that's where im at with those beetles at the moment, i think the part i got stuck on year's ago was the catacombs, im just trying to think if it was a motorcycle that took you close to entrance of place, it was so long ago now lol
It must be Alexandria. Because in that level you reunite with Jean-Yves and there’s a locked-up motorcycle next to his building. You’ll get to use it later in the game.

This Alexandria area is an hub, there’s neighboring levels called Coastal Ruins, Catacombs, Cleopatra’s Palaces, etc. You can go back and forth between these levels just like the Karnak levels. The ‘cave’ you got stuck in is probably in one of those levels... ^.^
__________________
Lana Crotch = Lora Crott = Laura Craft ≠ Lara Croft
Tomb Raidering is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 10:14   #6
hey007
Hobbyist
 
Join Date: Dec 2018
Posts: 36
Default

thanks for that. i remember someone said this game has the most levels in the series. i always remember tomb raider 3 to be the hardest, it used to catch me off guard at times, i died so many times in that game.
hey007 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 14:45   #7
Maverin
Archaeologist
 
Maverin's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2013
Posts: 1,461
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hey007 View Post
thanks for that. i remember someone said this game has the most levels in the series. i always remember tomb raider 3 to be the hardest, it used to catch me off guard at times, i died so many times in that game.
TRIII is often considered hard because of it's many instant death traps. There's also a lot of back tracking and hard to locate items. Aldwych is probably one of the hardest levels in that aspect.

TRIV has more levels but they aren't as refined and a lot of the Giza levels feel empty and rushed. Their design is much less original than TRIII and goes back to the more block-and-square like level design approach of TRI.

Playing through TRIV is bittersweet. The quality keeps dropping throughout the game, so the first half is definitely the best.
__________________
Remember

Last edited by Maverin; 23-01-20 at 14:47.
Maverin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23-01-20, 14:52   #8
fallenangle
Archaeologist
 
fallenangle's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2006
Location: NW London
Posts: 1,853
Default

That information about the motor bike, which is not usable until Cairo, suggest it is actually: Street Bazaar at the end where she meets up with the dying mercenary and certain things happen.

The next level, Citadel, starts with her in a dark corridor before meeting Jean-Yves again.
fallenangle is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:42.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.