www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 24-01-20, 13:09   #31931
dcw123
Relic Hunter

^ I need to - I want that classic costume!
I'm assuming it would be DLC in the future though - they can't lock something like that away from fans LOL

Any confirmation of the original OST being included like RE2?

That (along with costumes) really made the RE2 Remake feel classic.
I never liked the new OST as it was just too different, with only 2 tracks in the entire game (RPD Hall and Save Theme) even resembling the originals.

RE3 sounds like its kepot most of the motifs there which is great..
If they were re-doing music, I'd prefer it in the vain of TRA and Crash/Spyro remakes.. remake them but keep them at least on the same overall tune.
One of the reasons I liked Darkside Chronicles redone music tracks - they were new but felt the same...
dcw123 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 13:20   #31932
Gothlegend
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
Please, lets not pretend classic Carlos was a design marvel. I mean, yeah, they could have done him more faithful, but who the hell cares.

He looks way hotter in the remake design tbh.
We're...not? The redesign for the classic just looks like white soldier submodel B type 4 prototype. It doesn't even look like the same character model
Old 24-01-20, 13:42   #31933
robm_2007
Legend

At least in terms of renders, he went from looking 22 to 42, gained 50 lbs, and his pouch obsession is nauseating.
Old 24-01-20, 15:34   #31934
jajay119
Tomb Raider

I'm not much for collectors editions. I feel they're a bit messy. I'd love the map poster though. Maybe it will pop up online at some point.
Old 24-01-20, 17:26   #31935
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Got tired of waiting to see if the collectors edition was coming to AUS- so I went to EBGames the other day to preorder the standard edition. When I got there they apparently just announced the collectors edition...

For $430...

Nope. Standard edition for me .
Old 24-01-20, 18:16   #31936
redfox45
Archaeologist

$430!?

Do you get your very own Nemisis flamethrower with it?
redfox45 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24-01-20, 23:07   #31937
Daft Raider

The collectors edition is full of useless junk. Just like RE2s collectors edition was, pass.

So I was replaying the original RE3 last night and decided to do a run where I take down Nemesis each time he’s encountered, which is something I’ve never done before. I managed to do it each time (the fight in the RPD with the rocket launcher was TOUGH) and got both special weapons. I took him down as Carlos and cured Jill’s infection, once I was playing as Jill I was immediately attacked again, I almost didn’t take him down because I figured he didn’t have anything left other than maybe some first aid sprays. Boy was I wrong. Once I killed him I received the Inf. Ammo Case, which when combined with any weapon gives you infinite ammo for it. I almost pooped my pants! I had no idea that this was a reward in the game, what an amazing reward for the work put in taking down Nemesis! Naturally I combined it with my grenade launcher with Freeze rounds, making the rest of the game absolute cake. What a fun run that was!
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 00:37   #31938
trfan16
Archaeologist

It took me the longest time to get the Infinite Ammo case. The hardest fight for me is the first fight outside the RPD. At that point in the game, you only have the Shotgun and the Handgun. I had to master the knife for the street parts just to save ammo for that fight lol. Plus, I can only get the dodge right maybe 25% of the time. The second fight in the RPD isn't so bad. You can actually hide behind the bookshelf in Marvin's office and shoot at Nemesis from there. Nemesis will get stuck behind the bookshelf and you can load some bullets into him. If he gets unstuck, just run around the whole office and hide behind the bookshelf again and unload more ammo into him. To me, getting the Infinite Ammo was one of the most satisfying accomplishments in the series.
trfan16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25-01-20, 00:41   #31939
matrix54
Tomb Raider

I honestly wish this feature is in RE3make. It plays into the fight-or-flight/Risk-Reward aspect of the game. Save ammo (and you’re life) by running away or use resources to defeat Nemesis, and get something worth your while.

RE3 has a lot of great feature I fear they’ll cut.

Like, I fear they’ll ditch creating a weapon in favor of upgrading a weapon. I also fear they’ll remove enhanced ammo, which is another fun way to play the game. I know multiple grenade types for the launcher is going to be missing since they cut normal grenade launcher grenades.

They totally could have rebalanced the game replaced Claire hand and flash grenades with other ammo and knives but whatever.
Old 25-01-20, 01:27   #31940
robm_2007
Legend

I hope they don't remove different grenade types. Every grenade should be both possible as a defense item, a grenade launcher round, and turned into a mine.

Just give us empty grenade shells (both launcher and thrown) and mine shells to combine with gunpowder: yellow=acid, blue=flash, red=flame, green (yellow+blue)=nitrogen, purple (red+blue)=electric, orange (red+yellow)=frag, white (red+blue+yellow)=gas (equally effective against all enemy types).

Thrown grenades don't go as far as launcher grenades (which can reach any visible enemy on screen), but they have 25% larger blast radius and can be used as defense items.

Mines can be set to proximity or remote (replaces function of needless mine launcher). They have larger blast radius than grenade, but do less damage. Not useable as defense items but can be placed on enemies (as remote mine only or can be shot). Mines can be removed and set again if not triggered. No explosives can be dismantled to turn a grenade into a mine, or vice versa. Jill will seldomly find grenades or mines in the game, but empty shells are much more common.

Gunpowder can also be used to make 9mm handgun, .45 handgun, 12 gauge shotgun (wider spread, better up close), 10 gauge (narrower spread, farther range), magnum, assault rifle. I'm not concerned about enhanced ammo. Just have there be pistols/shotgun that uses totally different caliber ammo (similar to Claire's revolver taking handgun or magnum ammo) or Leon's two pistols using different ammo from each other.

Ammo isn't as common as gunpowder is. You'll need to rely on making your own ammo than finding some.

Mods should remain. Jill can upgrade her standard pistol to either be silenced (but silencers break after so many shots), burst pistol mode, barrel that does more critical damage, barrel that allows for penetrative shots, larger clip, laser sight, and improved slide (reticle shrinks faster). She can have any two mods at a time (though only one barrel type) and she can remove them at will.

Defense items:
-taser (does more damage than electric grenades but electric grenades can hit other enemies in blast radius) - Jill can charged up her taser to do x3 damage with one zap and uses according amt of battery
-grenades
-kitchen knife (avg slash durability, can be used x4 as def item, average dmg)
-army knife (best durability, can be used x5 as def item, best damage, range, can be resharpened with knife kit after it becomes dull: it doesn't actually break but you can't use it until you fix it).
-throwing knives (lowest slash damage, but fastest speed and can be thrown, shortest slash range, can be used twice as defense item or x3 if thrown).

Last edited by robm_2007; 26-01-20 at 02:50.
robm_2007 is offline   Reply With Quote