www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 28-11-07, 21:21   #81
aussie500

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
Isn't a similar statue to that concept in Vasileys working room?
Although l took heaps of screenshot from AOD most seem to be lost, do you mean this one from the hidden room.

Positively lacking in detail this statue is, l was very disappointed with it. You can tell the subject had wings and that is about all. No one would make a statue of the nephilim that looks like that.

Last edited by aussie500; 28-11-07 at 21:23.
aussie500 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-07, 21:26   #82
Earthcane
Professor

Aussie, you truly Rock! I kneel before you!

So Bouchard must have been to Marco's Hideout in Venice and fancied a bit of
redecoration for his, how do the french say, Boite-de-nuit.....

Kurtis looks like Altair, lol!
Old 28-11-07, 21:32   #83
Sara Croft

First of all, thank you for all of the awsome concepts aussie. I've never seen alot of them before!

Well, I've actually never thought how much Natla looked as an Nephilim before I saw the pic with the sword on.
Im pretty sure you know what I mean. Her 'hair' is about the same and her eyes are red, are the biggest things I see... Well, also that they both have wings, though that guy on the dagger dosent seem to show em
Sorry for Natla's terrible quality.

Last edited by Sara Croft; 28-11-07 at 21:35.
Sara Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-11-07, 21:41   #84
Zebra
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by aussie500 View Post
Although l took heaps of screenshot from AOD most seem to be lost, do you mean this one from the hidden room.

Positively lacking in detail this statue is, l was very disappointed with it. You can tell the subject had wings and that is about all. No one would make a statue of the nephilim that looks like that.
Yeah.
I didn't remembered it right. But now as I see it it doesn't have much resemblence with the concept (except the shape).
Old 28-11-07, 21:52   #85
Earthcane
Professor

Quote:
Core were a bit vague about how Eckhardt escaped but l believe in 1945 Castle Kriegler was hit during a bombardment, Eckhardt was freed after spending 500 years in the containment pit. The explosion removed two of the Periapt shards that were keeping him confined, he escaped with the third.

This was also in the concept art, perhaps an early version of the Nephilim statue, holding a sword. We saw a similar very large statue in the Wrath of the Beast level. This statue bears some likeness to bahomet, looking into the possible connection with bahomet can lead to all sorts of theories.
http://altreligion.about.com/library.../aa030103a.htm

The picture of the young man who is wearing the traditional Lux Veritatis garb is a mystery, l doubt it is Kurtis as he bears a message, who would Kurtis be taking a message to? Likely this is how the Lux Veritatis used to dress back when Eckhardt was first imprisoned.
Interesting Find!

I love myths connected to the Templars and the Holy Grail.
And yes, It opens a list of possibilities for AOD
Old 29-11-07, 01:03   #86
aussie500

We will have to wait and see where the Legend story line goes, but we already have a connection with a sword, Lancelot, the crusades and our Nephilim. Pity we will lose Kurtis and the Lux Veritatis connection, l thought there was great potential in that idea Core and Murti came up with, but l am not getting my hopes up Crystal Dynamics will use them.

A few area's that never made it into the game, or if they did we never saw them.

Last edited by aussie500; 29-11-07 at 01:05.
Old 29-11-07, 02:11   #87
Chiki Mina
Relic Hunter

Quote:
We will have to wait and see where the Legend story line goes, but we already have a connection with a sword, Lancelot, the crusades and our Nephilim. Pity we will lose Kurtis and the Lux Veritatis connection, l thought there was great potential in that idea Core and Murti came up with, but l am not getting my hopes up Crystal Dynamics will use them.

A few area's that never made it into the game, or if they did we never saw them.

That's a really, darn shame, aussie! The Lux Veritatis is something so amazing. Kurtis, being the last warrior standing alive is something that I find to be awesome.

I won't get my hopes up too high. But, I really do wish they would continue. Don't care what company, really. I'm *that* desperate.

By the way, in the first pic, isn't that suppose to be a place where she hides instead of that train in Paris?
Chiki Mina is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-11-07, 04:55   #88
aussie500

I have never seen a wreckers/junkyard ever mentioned in connection with Paris, and it was not mentioned in the text file. Considering the large number of buildings we had for Paris, likely it was meant for the German levels, but there is not way to be sure unless we get more information.

Last edited by aussie500; 29-11-07 at 04:57.
Old 29-11-07, 07:58   #89
rowanlim
Legend

abandoned areas in germany which no one cares about but might actually be the entrance to tombs and what-not ... interesting!
Old 29-11-07, 08:32   #90
Earthcane
Professor

Question: Why the hell was so much cut out of AOD??