www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Software Development

Old 06-07-13, 14:57   #421
meta2tr
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzFritz View Post
Here is the folder with all 3 versions.
Thanks HeinzFritz. I will check this out. I didn't implement this myself because unfortunately changing the texture table can break NG features such as conveyor belts. (That's why meta2tr only ever adds to the texture table, it never rebuilds it (as trviewer does)). However I will look at how you have done this, I may learn something interesting
meta2tr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-07-13, 16:20   #422
HeinzFritz
Explorer

There is not much to learn. I just changed 3 offsets (+ replaced the name on all occurences) in WinHex. You can just compare it with WinHex or any other hex editor and you will see that it is quite a simple change to make it start numbering from Tile100, Tile200 or Tile300. It does not disrupt anything, neither does it rebuild in a different way.
By the way, that meta2tr of yours is really great. I am using (and misusing) it more than any other tool. The possibilities it offers are almost limitless.

Last edited by HeinzFritz; 06-07-13 at 16:24.
HeinzFritz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-08-13, 18:22   #423
meta2tr
Historian

Version 7f is here.

Changes:
- Added "Insert empty tiles" option.
- When importing BMP files, their real names are displayed.
- An MQM file is now created every time a BMP file is imported.
- The MQM file only contains the BMP files that were imported.
- The names of the BMP files in the MQM file have been corrected.
- Corrected an error when reading uv coords near boundaries.
- Several improvements to error handling.

Happy editing
Old 27-08-13, 18:43   #424
raiderromero
Archaeologist

thank you, i love this tool
Old 27-08-13, 21:01   #425
HeinzFritz
Explorer

Thanks for the update!
Before I try it out, just two questions:
What does the "insert empty tiles" exactly mean, as it was possible in the previous versions to insert empty files in any quantity. As the other feature "The MQM file only contains the BMP files that were imported"? Does it mean that the empty files that were inserted automatically in between e.g. Tile032.bmp and Tile155.bmp. will now be deleted?

@Meta2tr, disregard the questions above. After finally having the opportunity to try this update out, I understood what you meant.

It is just what was needed to replace objects with objects from a library. tr4 without burdening the new .tr4 with unneeded Tiles, or burdening onerself with endless renaming of tiles inside Metaseq.

Thank you so much!!! GREAT FEATURE!

Last edited by HeinzFritz; 28-08-13 at 14:52.
Old 30-11-13, 07:58   #426
HeinzFritz
Explorer

Default Sprites

Just for experiment sake I tried to apply waterfall scrolling and animated textures on sprites, but had no luck. Either it is impossible or I am doing something wrong.
Of course, the question why anybody would want to have animated (changing) sprites is easily answered with a simple "Why not!"
If that is not convincing enough, just imagine the shine sprite changing colors or image of the reflection, then the flame sprite, which is animating anyway, getting additional movement etc...
Old 30-11-13, 15:13   #427
meta2tr
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeinzFritz View Post
Just for experiment sake I tried to apply waterfall scrolling and animated textures on sprites, but had no luck. Either it is impossible or I am doing something wrong.
Of course, the question why anybody would want to have animated (changing) sprites is easily answered with a simple "Why not!"
If that is not convincing enough, just imagine the shine sprite changing colors or image of the reflection, then the flame sprite, which is animating anyway, getting additional movement etc...
Waterfall textures have to be applied to quads. The won't animate on triangles. If you need triangles, you could try creating a quad with two of its vertices close together.
Old 30-11-13, 16:22   #428
HeinzFritz
Explorer

Well, I did use the complete waterfall texture 128x64 pixels and applied it to the "shiny" sprite. I did not scroll. Then I used half of the waterfall texture 64x64 pixels and coated the same sprite with it and it also did not scroll in game.
The sprite polygons are quads by default, so there were no triangles.
The same experiment but with applying a texture from an animation range produced no results either.
Old 30-11-13, 19:53   #429
meta2tr
Historian

I misunderstood your initial post. Now I see what you are trying to do.

Working in Metasequoia can give you the impression that sprites are just a texture, but in fact they are not stored like textures in the tr4 file. It seems that they are managed differently by the engine.
Old 01-12-13, 15:31   #430
HeinzFritz
Explorer

Thanks for the explanation.
Yes, Metasequoia does give a strong impression that sprites are just textures. One can apply any texture file on any sprite (at least to those that were in my focus of interest). I tried also to coat the "shiny sprite" with the first of the 4 flame/smoke sprites which do animate on flames, hoping that the shiny sprite would also animate, but no, just this first sprite is displayed.
Anyway, I hope that sooner or later you (or somebody else) will find out how exactly the engine handles the sprites and will succeed to make animating ones.
There are, by the way, in TREP two sprites whose behavior and attributes can be modified: The blood sprite (which can be changed to opaque and parameters like density, spread etc can be fine tuned in TREP, as well as the water bubbles sprite whose behavior can also be customized.
You may check it out how it is done by comparing two exe files of which one has the corresponding parameters changed, while the other has not.