Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Modding

Old 20-02-23, 20:57   #1
Ayu2Hami

Default MulDeMu program

Hi everyone. Can anyone provide a link to a program MulDeMu?
I'm working on a mod for Tomb Raider Anniversary and wanted to edit Lara voice but I have problem to convert mul files. I tried TRtool but I think it lack of many sound files. So I extraxted every mul files from bigfiles but now I have problem to convert them to wav... Can someone help with this?
Ayu2Hami is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21-02-23, 02:38   #2
mizuno_suisei

Hey! Sorry I can't help directly but be careful, a while ago I was (mistakingly) lead to believe you can use ANY new wav files to reinject to the games via reconversion to mul. I sadly once spent many many hours trying to inject some TR1 sfx into anniversary which ended as a total waste of time. I'm guessing (unless things have changed since) you can only swap in sounds from other original mul sources from other games.
mizuno_suisei is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 22-02-23, 18:48   #3
Ayu2Hami

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuno_suisei View Post
Hey! Sorry I can't help directly but be careful, a while ago I was (mistakingly) lead to believe you can use ANY new wav files to reinject to the games via reconversion to mul. I sadly once spent many many hours trying to inject some TR1 sfx into anniversary which ended as a total waste of time. I'm guessing (unless things have changed since) you can only swap in sounds from other original mul sources from other games.
Thanks for the info <3! I didn't manage to convert mul to wav and vice versa so It's hard to tell if the problem persists but maybe it has something to do with the settings while exporting new sounds in wav? Like with TRLE sounds?
Anyway, if you or someone could provide some links to the mul converter I would be grateful. I tried web time machine but it shows that TombRaiderForum is exluded from it :/
Old 23-02-23, 02:05   #4
mizuno_suisei

Good thinking! I was quite particular about encoding and whatnot, also with TRLE experience heh! But sadly it still didnt seem to make a difference

For some reason I'm feeling like there is actually an alternative for MulDeMu. I'll have a dig around on my PC and see what I come up with.
Quick edit: have you looked into MUL2WAV?

Last edited by mizuno_suisei; 23-02-23 at 02:07.
Old 23-02-23, 17:09   #5
Ayu2Hami

Quote:
Good thinking! I was quite particular about encoding and whatnot, also with TRLE experience heh! But sadly it still didnt seem to make a difference

For some reason I'm feeling like there is actually an alternative for MulDeMu. I'll have a dig around on my PC and see what I come up with.
Quick edit: have you looked into MUL2WAV?
oh, nice, maybe you can find something!
I tried mul2wav but wav came out corrupted ;/ and it doesn't make it convert wav to mul or it does?
Very nice seems to be trtool but It doesn't have every sounds... and what about dialogues from cutscenes?
Old 24-02-23, 02:32   #6
mizuno_suisei

Okay so, sadly I didnt seem to keep any remnants of my attempts in my backup drives but I did notice something else, WAVE2WAV.exe from ghostblades CDC tools.

This is a small lightbulb moment. I recall dragging the muldemu outputs through this for final wav creation. The tool itself was meant to be backwards compatible (wav back to wave) but this was where my problems began. I believe it was after this, dragging the changed WAVE file into DRM.exe was causing a crash.

I could be slightly wrong about some of those steps - it was quite a few years ago now.
Old 24-02-23, 09:28   #7
Ayu2Hami

Quote:
Okay so, sadly I didnt seem to keep any remnants of my attempts in my backup drives but I did notice something else, WAVE2WAV.exe from ghostblades CDC tools.

This is a small lightbulb moment. I recall dragging the muldemu outputs through this for final wav creation. The tool itself was meant to be backwards compatible (wav back to wave) but this was where my problems began. I believe it was after this, dragging the changed WAVE file into DRM.exe was causing a crash.

I could be slightly wrong about some of those steps - it was quite a few years ago now.
such a pitty :/. I saw in some posts about wave2wav but I thought it was meant to convert old format called wave to more known format wav and I ignored it. So you meant it also convert drm to wav and vice versa?
Hmmm, maybe we could use some newer programs that converts drm? Like for TRU or TR2013? Is it possible? Or maybe from different games that was made the same period as Tomb Raider Legend/Anniversary?
Old 28-02-23, 17:36   #8
LuckyEdge10

Converting custom sounds to .mul is not possible at the moment. Indra is working on a tool to convert sounds to .mul but it is not complete yet.
LuckyEdge10 is offline   Reply With Quote