www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 10-08-19, 13:53   #30841
DragonSlayer
Professor

I would have liked to see a ghost story DLC for Sherry when she was at home alone during the beginning of the outbreak of the virus and the subsequent zombification of the city, I picture it being something like the father son chapter in Heavy Rain with Sherry just going about her daily routine playing in her bedroom, watching TV downstairs getting something to eat and so on while trying to get in touch with her mother, the DLC would end with Sherry deciding to leave her house and head to the police station regardless of whether or not she heard from her mother.

What other characters would you have liked to see in a ghost story, Marvin or maybe Sherry's dad or both of her parents, maybe even chief Irons or Ben.
DragonSlayer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-08-19, 11:09   #30842
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcw123 View Post
Well.. they could have done this if they went with the more realistic B scenario death scene instead of her falling down a massive pit (OG Leon A)

I would love some Ada based DLC though, proper scenarios instead of the arcade themed Survivors

I'd also love a minigame with multiple players (Leon, Claire, Ada, Hunk, Chris) something along the lines of RE3 Mercs or Extreme Battle..
I would honestly love something akin to the mini game from Resident Evil 2. Itís nothing complex - start at the end of a level and get to the start of it. Put some enemies in the way youíre done. I would also take mercenaries.

Anything is better than Ghost Survivors, which is technically what I want, but with multiple characters and the whole map opened up.

Not only that, but we never see Ada die. The ending is so stupid. Maybe Ada should have been thrown into the wall instead of Annette and Leon fights go save her. Leon never even needed to see Annette. She could have been dead in the lab or something.
Old 11-08-19, 11:15   #30843
Heisenberg
Explorer

I'm kind of glad Resi2remake didn't have any new either free or cash grab dlcs. The game is perfect as it is in its own right and I still, with each replay, love it more and more; it's all so perfectly well-balanced.
Old 12-08-19, 17:30   #30844
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heisenberg View Post
I'm kind of glad Resi2remake didn't have any new either free or cash grab dlcs. The game is perfect as it is in its own right and I still, with each replay, love it more and more; it's all so perfectly well-balanced.
I honestly disagree. I don't see how you can take a story and characters from 20 years ago and make it worse. I honestly thoguht they'd stripped the story out so they could fill it in in DLCs later on and surprisingly they haven't. They just screwed it up. I enjoyed the game a lot. I replayed it a few times but it's far from perfect.
Old 12-08-19, 18:24   #30845
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
I honestly disagree. I don't see how you can take a story and characters from 20 years ago and make it worse. I honestly thoguht they'd stripped the story out so they could fill it in in DLCs later on and surprisingly they haven't. They just screwed it up. I enjoyed the game a lot. I replayed it a few times but it's far from perfect.
This.
Annette showing up twice for each character when she should be dead already etc

They ''claim'' Claire and Leon's stories do not canon link together like the old games did - even though they went back and added B scenario as an afterthought anyway.
What a mess
And when you have the original script to go off, how can you do this?
REmake 1 managed just fine
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-08-19, 18:39   #30846
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Honestly, Annette was just one element. Ada's death now not really making sense, Irons being far less sinister and actually quite rediculous in the expansion given to him, the layout of the RPD and the reasoning behind exploring it being flawed, no real explanation as to how the chopper crashes, no explanation, or motivation, for Mr X to be there anymore... it's just a mess.

In terms of the scenarios: I really get the impression that the game was originally meant to work like Revelations 1 and 2 where you switch between characters and each one would visit certain locations but not others then they changed their minds quickly adding in the scenarios again. Honestly, if there is to be no DLC at all I'd much rather them have held onto the game for another 6 months to polish the story and scenario interactions a little more cause as it stands it all feels very rushed. I feel the lab area was rushed to a finish too. It's one of the most famous areas from the series and yet it was very fly by in the time you spend there and the places you visit compared to the original. I would much preferred to see the lab expanded in place of the sewers which is easily the worst segment of the game and considering the RPD and the sewers are so big it feels odd to have the lab so small... as if it were cut short to fit the release date. But, I'm just hypothesising here.

Last edited by jajay119; 12-08-19 at 18:41.
jajay119 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13-08-19, 16:54   #30847
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Sorry for the double post but it's been nearly 24 hours. Bloody disgusting are now reporting that Capcom have extended their online test into America. They have cited that the new game is a Resident Evil game very early in development. I wonder what it could be. This makes it seem more likely it's RE3 remake as I would expect RE8 to be further along by now.
Old 13-08-19, 17:21   #30848
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

I'm more than confident that it is RE3. I really really doubt RE8 is coming this gen, or in the next 2 years.
Old 13-08-19, 20:04   #30849
RAID
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by jajay119 View Post
Honestly, Annette was just one element. Ada's death now not really making sense, Irons being far less sinister and actually quite rediculous in the expansion given to him, the layout of the RPD and the reasoning behind exploring it being flawed, no real explanation as to how the chopper crashes, no explanation, or motivation, for Mr X to be there anymore... it's just a mess.
You speak the truth. Sadly, I have to agree.

The story really bugs for all the reasons you said. I think Annette's revival and dying again was the worst element.
Old 14-08-19, 17:18   #30850
dcw123
Relic Hunter

Like... heck they made DSC and that was more faithful to the original.

They should have used more of that design really - or even some 1.5 stuff
dcw123 is offline   Reply With Quote