www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 27-02-20, 00:27   #32181
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
I actually wanted the originals as well.

The Samurai Edge alone is a staple of RE3. The others I'll get over, but it's so strange seeing a wooden stock on the shotgun that you upgrade to get another stock. They showed the shotgun with a different stock elsewhere, so I originally thought you get the basic MS3 and add parts to it.
Yeah I'll be sad if we don't see the Samurai Edge, but considering it has been an unlockable/DLC for a while now, I assume it's somewhere in there. I'd be especially dumb not to include it considering they can just port RE2's.
Quote:

I don't know what's going on with the grenade launcher. Since these are the RE1 looking versions of the weapons, maybe we'll get the RE1 outfit as an unlockable.
I'm sure it will be

spoilers: especiallly if you believe certain leaks around
Old 27-02-20, 00:33   #32182
Yeauxleaux
Relic Hunter

I'm hoping for her RE5 BSAA outfit being unlockable. I love everything about that outfit, the aquamarine fleece, the boots, the baseball cap and ponytail, it's such a look. There's such a je ne sais quoi about that look to me, something tomboyishly sexy yet feminine at the same time (something I can totally see classic Lara Croft wearing).

Last edited by Yeauxleaux; 27-02-20 at 00:35.
Yeauxleaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-20, 00:56   #32183
Swiz19
Archaeologist

I could see them doing a rendition of the police woman outfit from RE3, but I imagine everything else will be new designs. IMO I don't like alt outfits being limited to things we have already seen before, lets get some new creative designs!

As for remakes, I'm pretty good for remakes now. In saying that, if they say they were remaking Outbreak I'd screm - or a sequel, either works for me.
Swiz19 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-20, 01:41   #32184
JoelCaesar
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
I'm hoping for her RE5 BSAA outfit being unlockable. I love everything about that outfit, the aquamarine fleece, the boots, the baseball cap and ponytail, it's such a look. There's such a je ne sais quoi about that look to me, something tomboyishly sexy yet feminine at the same time (something I can totally see classic Lara Croft wearing).
Absolutely, I really hope they include this outfit!
Old 27-02-20, 09:48   #32185
dg1995
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ESCachuli View Post
Nope, that's not true. Fixed cameras alone are a flaw enough to justify a remake without them.
Outdated games are games that aren't enjoyable to play anymore. Games such as Dune 2 are outdated.(Since in that you can only select one unit at the time)

Old RE games had the limitation of fixed camera angles. But these fixed angles won't make them unenjoyable to play since the games are properly balanced around those limitations.(Similar to the way that lots of 2D games are properly balanced around the limitations of 2D games)

Just because some players are too incompetent to figure out tank controls doesn't make those games "outdated".
dg1995 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-20, 10:43   #32186
ESCachuli
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post
Outdated games are games that aren't enjoyable to play anymore. Games such as Dune 2 are outdated.(Since in that you can only select one unit at the time)

Old RE games had the limitation of fixed camera angles. But these fixed angles won't make them unenjoyable to play since the games are properly balanced around those limitations.(Similar to the way that lots of 2D games are properly balanced around the limitations of 2D games)

Just because some players are too incompetent to figure out tank controls doesn't make those games "outdated".
No, dont get me wrong, im not incompetent to figure out tank controls. I can play and finish those games. I just dont like fixed cameras. They are just awful and I dont like them. To me, is the same as playing blindfolded.
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27-02-20, 12:21   #32187
jajay119
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by dg1995 View Post

And that's a matter of opinion. To me re1-3 are not enjoyable to play anymore because or their outdated visuals and systems. But from CVX onwards the visual fidelity of all the games is great.
Old 27-02-20, 12:23   #32188
TR1249
Archaeologist

I feel like playing RE3 later. Gonna play the GameCube version with the Fan HD Project.
Old 27-02-20, 12:28   #32189
BeautifulMan
Archaeologist

New Jill render. She looks stunning, much better than in reveal trailer <3 im they should use this pic of her for the game cover and Nemmy in the background
Old 27-02-20, 14:44   #32190
matrix54
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Yeauxleaux View Post
Clearly they're doing something right if RE2 was successful enough to justify an RE3 remake. People want these. If there's a demand for it I'm not mad at Capcom for securing the bag.

Really though, they're as good as different games. Yes the story and premise are exactly the same, but it's an extremely different experience with the differences in gameplay, assets and all the other updates. It's good in a way, it still leaves the old PS1 titles as their own games, unique experiences that are still valuable and not made worthless by the new ones.
It was already under development. It may as well have been remade. RE2 and RE3 are already so similar, that many of the assets can easily be re-purposed without anyone being upset.