www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Motion Pictures

Old 30-01-19, 21:35   #14011
Portugalraider

Also, didn't the script for the 2018 movie went through revisions up until 2 months before shooting started?

There is plenty of time in 2019 and it can even go through 2020. The movie doesn't need to release early 2021 like the first one. I could be a summer flick. Hell, maybe it would be better for it, even.
Old 31-01-19, 10:40   #14012
Ellioft
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Also, didn't the script for the 2018 movie went through revisions up until 2 months before shooting started?
Wich explain why there's so many props that don't appear in the film.
Old 31-01-19, 12:22   #14013
ccroft2003
Archaeologist

WB & MGM bought into the franchise with it in mind to be a new multi-film franchise. With this, I suspect that GK films and SE will of had to lay out/pitch ideas of multiple movies with maybe even initial drafts for the sequels. This probably will have been used to negotiate Alicia's contract also.

With this in mind, I doubt it would take long for a script to be worked on for a sequel and GK don't have to "officially announce" that a script-writer is actively working on a sequel. They'll just get on with it! They'll announce it when WB/MGM/SE green-light pre-production.
Old 31-01-19, 14:03   #14014
GeekOfComedy
Archaeologist

Also just remember Suicide Squad was a massive hit in 2016 and it's sequel is only kinda coming together now for a 2021 release date.
GeekOfComedy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-19, 17:35   #14015
PinkyPromise

Quote:
Originally Posted by GeekOfComedy View Post
Also just remember Suicide Squad was a massive hit in 2016 and it's sequel is only kinda coming together now for a 2021 release date.
Is not correct. The sequel was announced after the premiere. Then there have been problems and changes (Spin Off Harvey Quin etc) that caused the preproduction to be delayed. But the announcement was quick.
PinkyPromise is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-19, 18:21   #14016
Grizzly Bear
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by PinkyPromise View Post
Is not correct. The sequel was announced after the premiere. Then there have been problems and changes (Spin Off Harvey Quin etc) that caused the preproduction to be delayed. But the announcement was quick.
This made my hopes go down, a lot.

Now that I think about it, no one ever said anything about a possible sequel after the movie released...
Grizzly Bear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-19, 18:42   #14017
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Grizzly Bear View Post
This made my hopes go down, a lot.

Now that I think about it, no one ever said anything about a possible sequel after the movie released...
Because the movie flopped in the US. But it did very well internationally, better than both Jolie movies even with inflation in mind, in fact.

The truth is the movie is a weird position. When movie's flop studios discard sequels right away, at least by saying stuff like "we'll revaluate the franchise" or "we'll study the possibilities" or other stuff that is more dismissive. The only thing the future of the franchise we have from WB themselves is that they were expecting the movie to do better overseas than domestically, and that they were satisfied with the international response. Besides, GK Films did show interest in continuing with the franchise.
Old 31-01-19, 18:46   #14018
TrustyBow
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by ccroft2003 View Post
WB & MGM bought into the franchise with it in mind to be a new multi-film franchise. With this, I suspect that GK films and SE will of had to lay out/pitch ideas of multiple movies with maybe even initial drafts for the sequels. This probably will have been used to negotiate Alicia's contract also.
That's also an important point to consider. The studios planned on committing towards making a franchise. If it flopped everywhere, I'd see no hope, but the fact that it did make money makes me believe they plan to continue it.
Old 31-01-19, 20:10   #14019
andre_costa
Explorer

So today I got in touch with a fan page from DC on Instagram. The owner of this fan page claims he has a source inside WB. If this is indeed true, I'll try to get in touch with this source and try to know if it knows anything about Tomb Raider's future. I believe this source is reliable because the information it told about the story for the new Harley Quinn movie, its characters, its cast, etc turned out to be true... But it's a source, whatever the information we get, we'll have to take it with a grain of salt.

I'm still waiting for this fan page's owner to tell me something. Let's wait and see. I'm sick of waiting.

Last edited by andre_costa; 31-01-19 at 20:11.
andre_costa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-19, 20:16   #14020
Portugalraider

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre_costa View Post
So today I got in touch with a fan page from DC on Instagram. The owner of this fan page claims he has a source inside WB. If this is indeed true, I'll try to get in touch with this source and try to know if it knows anything about Tomb Raider's future. I believe this source is reliable because the information it told about the story for the new Harley Quinn movie, its characters, its cast, etc turned out to be true... But it's a source, whatever the information we get, we'll have to take it with a grain of salt.

I'm still waiting for this fan page's owner to tell me something. Let's wait and see. I'm sick of waiting.
Fanos also had a "source", that said WB was now more focused on reshaping the DCEU (again), and movies like Tomb Raider were lower on the priority list. That being said, news about the next DCEU movies have been steady, so they might have figured stuff out and will now focus on their small projects. And hopefully we-ll have good news