www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 19-04-14, 01:24   #981
Zebra
Legend

I'm not talking about the sap but about the actual city. It was in the middle of cold, snowy mountains and then suddenly it's sunny and warm? Yeah, right. And you can't tell me the valley was THAT low. Not to mention that it wasn't hidden in some sort of cave or anything. Lacarevic and his men would've immediately found it while scouting the area surrounding the monastery in their helicopters.

Last edited by Zebra; 19-04-14 at 01:26.
Zebra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-04-14, 02:10   #982
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I'm not talking about the sap but about the actual city. It was in the middle of cold, snowy mountains and then suddenly it's sunny and warm? Yeah, right. And you can't tell me the valley was THAT low. Not to mention that it wasn't hidden in some sort of cave or anything. Lacarevic and his men would've immediately found it while scouting the area surrounding the monastery in their helicopters.
Supernatural, I suppose?

In one of the TR comics, Lara is in search of Shangri-la, she too finds it amongst a mountain side, however it is suggested that she can only have entered it through a supernatural portal in the mountain that opens only a few times a year. Maybe the same applies here?
Old 19-04-14, 12:19   #983
Dia2blo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by michaeldt View Post
Supernatural, I suppose?

In one of the TR comics, Lara is in search of Shangri-la, she too finds it amongst a mountain side, however it is suggested that she can only have entered it through a supernatural portal in the mountain that opens only a few times a year. Maybe the same applies here?
I love those issues of the comics.

I think this is a common problem with that sort of concept, but hey it's all part of the fantasy of it.. The city looked amazing so that's enough for me.
Old 19-04-14, 13:41   #984
Valentino
Archaeologist

I think because ND write such good dialogue they need more prompted dialogue in Uncharted.

I just downloaded a patch for U2 and I seem to have lost all my trophies....
But also I deleted one of the save files because I didn't think I needed it. It wasn't the 'profile' file though. But anyways I wouldn't have thought the trophies would be lost like that

Last edited by Valentino; 19-04-14 at 13:53.
Valentino is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-04-14, 05:18   #985
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zebra View Post
I liked the first game best simply because it had the best story, atmosphere and pacing which is what I play the Uncharted series for. I'm not a fan of the gameplay at all and yes, it's less repetitive in Uncharted 2 but it's still not exactly great or overly exciting in Uncharted 2, so I like a great story and atmosphere with really repetitive, boring and frustrating gameplay much better than a mediocre story and an okay atmosphere with slightly less repetitive and boring gameplay.
Same here. The environment makes the first one my favorite. Two was great but the bosses and the slow pace kind of ruin the replayability. Three is barely playable the first time around with the insultingly stupid story and awful gameplay and design decisions. It was the first Uncharted I didn't platinum and sold right away.

2 Had the best multiplayer I've ever played in any game though.
Old 20-04-14, 05:49   #986
scremanie
Tomb Raider

Playing the Vita game at the moment, and I just can't. Way too much combat. I absolutely hate the fact that they're relying on action to make the game more appealing. I was hoping for a good adventure, with a fair bit of platforming. Looks like I won't be getting that at all. I thought number 3 was bad, but this just takes the cake. It doesn't help that the controls are extremely awkward while aiming your gun, either.
Old 20-04-14, 13:54   #987
hitnrun017
Archaeologist

Eh that's upsetting. I'm hoping Golden Abyss will appear on the PS3 sometime. I still want to try it.

Naughty Dog needs to make some big changes for the PS4 Uncharted. The first two are perfect games in my eyes. The third, while it has MOMENTS, is pretty much unforgivable. The story can still be cinematic, but the scripted gameplay was horrible. I hope the cover system will change too. It feels ancient now.
Old 20-04-14, 13:59   #988
michaeldt
Tomb Raider

The cover system in TR was perf
Old 24-04-14, 14:31   #989
Tombraider95
Relic Hunter

Not sure if this has been posted

Quote:
PS4 Uncharted “Gameplay” Is Going to Be Shown at E3 According to Insider
by Giuseppe Nelva on April 21, 2014 5:30 PM 83 @abriael
PS4RUMORS
PS4 Uncharted “Gameplay” Is Going to Be Shown at E3 According to Insider
There have been a lot of conspiracy theories about the state of development of the upcoming Uncharted title for PS4, with many (led by a few media outlets) stressing heavily on changes in the staff behind the game, the last of which being the recasting of the voice of the teaser trailer Todd Stashwick (that in the meanwhile moved on to work as a co-writer on Visceral Games’ upcoming Star Wars title), to cast doubt on whether the game is coming along nicely or not.
Industry insider Tidux, that already proved in the past to be well positioned to know what’s happening at Sony by leaking several elements about the PS4 UI and operating system before they were disclosed, took it upon himself to check on whether the game is going to be shown at E3, and came back with good news:
Uncharted 4 gameplay at E3. Game has been in the works for almost 3 years.

When he was asked if he was sure that there’s going to be gameplay on show or it was just wishful thinking, he confirmed that it’s going to be gameplay.
On the other hand Tidux also mentioned that he’s hearing ”a lot of mixed signals when it comes to DriveClub right now,” so we’ll have to wait and see what will happen with that one.
Of course we should always take what insiders share with a pinch of salt, but personally I seriously doubt that Sony is going to let Uncharted skip the biggest show of the year. In the end, we have less than two months to wait and see for ourselves what is going to happen at E3, and I’m pretty sure it’s going to be good.
http://www.dualshockers.com/2014/04/...ng-to-insider/

If this is 100% official then wohooo! Was only expecting something small, but excited for gameplay

Last edited by Tombraider95; 24-04-14 at 14:32.
Tombraider95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24-04-14, 15:15   #990
Moon-Safari
Relic Hunter

**** YEAH! I'm a sucker for graphics, so I can't wait to see what rabbit ND is able to pull out of the PS4 hat. Hopefully they transferred some of that gameplay innovation over from the last of us. But if Uncharted finally does platforming right, and in a big way, Tomb Raider better watch it's back.