www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 15-05-15, 19:00   #181
mepsipax
Archaeologist
 
mepsipax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,939
Default

I downloaded the patch and the iOS texture pack but I'm now at a total loss as to what to do I'm not tech minded at all... can anybody give me some quick steps on what to do once the patch is installed and the iOS textures downloaded?
__________________
I'm watching myself like an old movie on color TV.
mepsipax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-15, 19:36   #182
AODfan
Archaeologist
 
AODfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,503
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post
I would like them, can you PM me the link?

If you have the original tilesets too, can you send me them too?
Gh0stblade only ripped the textures of the first 9 levels so the 1 or 2 new Atlantis textures are not included.
If you have the PC or iOS/Android version of the game you can easily rip the original textures with TBuilder. Just drag and drop the level files into the left column, copy them all over to the right side, and save.

Download

Quote:
Originally Posted by mepsipax View Post
I downloaded the patch and the iOS texture pack but I'm now at a total loss as to what to do I'm not tech minded at all... can anybody give me some quick steps on what to do once the patch is installed and the iOS textures downloaded?
Make sure you downloaded the textures from the Core Design website and not from the link I posted in my previous post. Extract them and copy the "dumps" and "Replacements" folders into your "Textures" folder.
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-05-15, 23:58   #183
mepsipax
Archaeologist
 
mepsipax's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2011
Location: Ireland
Posts: 1,939
Default

^ Thanks! That worked perfect
__________________
I'm watching myself like an old movie on color TV.
mepsipax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-15, 00:08   #184
Reggie
Tomb Raider
 
Reggie's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jan 2006
Location: Visa Versace
Posts: 22,248
Default

I can't find the textures folder in the directory?
Reggie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16-05-15, 10:56   #185
AODfan
Archaeologist
 
AODfan's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2010
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,503
Default

If you've installed the tool correctly, you should have a Tomb2Fix folder inside your TR2 installation folder. Inside that Tomb2Fix folder there should be a Textures folder.
If you have the steam version of the game, you will find it here:

Code:
C:\Program Files (x86)\Steam\SteamApps\common\Tomb Raider (II)\Tomb2Fix\Textures
AODfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-15, 15:14   #186
GabrielCroft
Archaeologist
 
GabrielCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,280
Default

Nice mod!
I replaced the iOS textures in Tomb2Fix textures folder. And then what I have to do next to play with them? I tried to read the help file but I can't figure it out at all since its not working for me, the original textures keep showing up ingame
__________________
Team Classic: We want our classic Lara Croft back!
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-15, 20:09   #187
Peixoto
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
Nice mod!
I replaced the iOS textures in Tomb2Fix textures folder. And then what I have to do next to play with them? I tried to read the help file but I can't figure it out at all since its not working for me, the original textures keep showing up ingame
- Start the game with tomb2fix.exe

- Use the task manager to check if help.exe is already running, kill it then start it again or

- Use 7zip or ResourceHacker to extract help.HTML from help.exe and read it
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-15, 21:23   #188
GabrielCroft
Archaeologist
 
GabrielCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,280
Default

Yeah, I'm using Tomb2Fix.exe
But the textures still the same ingame...
I already managed to read the help file but I don't get this:

"- Create a folder for each additional pack inside the MODS folder"

Do I have to put something inside the "Mods" folder to play with the iOS textures? The 85 dump .dds files or the dump._dds inside a folder?
Also, while tomb2fix.exe is running, there's a window that just reads "-1365"



and this error log:

Failed to create the IDirect3DDevice Interface 2147942487 - D3DERR_INVALIDPARAMS

Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::GetHandle
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
__________________
Team Classic: We want our classic Lara Croft back!

Last edited by GabrielCroft; 20-05-15 at 21:27.
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-15, 21:52   #189
Peixoto
Historian
 
Join Date: Jan 2015
Posts: 318
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by GabrielCroft View Post
Yeah, I'm using Tomb2Fix.exe
But the textures still the same ingame...
I already managed to read the help file but I don't get this:

"- Create a folder for each additional pack inside the MODS folder"

Do I have to put something inside the "Mods" folder to play with the iOS textures? The 85 dump .dds files or the dump._dds inside a folder?
Also, while tomb2fix.exe is running, there's a window that just reads "-1365"



and this error log:

Failed to create the IDirect3DDevice Interface 2147942487 - D3DERR_INVALIDPARAMS

Succeeded to hook IDirectDraw::CreateSurface
Succeeded to hook IDirectDrawSurface::QueryInterface
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::GetHandle
Succeeded to hook IDirect3DTexture2::Release
windows 8? it doesn't work on windows 8 yet
Peixoto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20-05-15, 22:00   #190
GabrielCroft
Archaeologist
 
GabrielCroft's Avatar
 
Join Date: Dec 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 1,280
Default

Actually I'm using a test version of windows 10 that microsoft offered for free... might be the same as using windows 8, maybe?
__________________
Team Classic: We want our classic Lara Croft back!
GabrielCroft is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Thread Tools

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT. The time now is 20:48.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.11
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, vBulletin Solutions Inc.