www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics

Old 11-10-15, 20:26   #41
Enya Brennan
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Portugalraider View Post
Still, the 2nd and 3rd act were also "Rescue Raider" in a sense, but way more interesting. At least, Kaz and Grim's brother didn't seem completely helpless (in fact, they actively participated in their own rescues), both arcs had interesting (and hopefully, in the case of the serpent queen, recurring) villains, and didn't have a "protagonist is the key to some magical mumbo jumbo" twist.
Indeed. The rest of the arcs were wonderful (although I thought the second had a very slow rhythm many times), especially the third, where Rhi shone and delivered an excellent read to all of us who read the comics.
Old 11-10-15, 22:04   #42
Heidi_w_
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Enya Brennan View Post
Indeed. The rest of the arcs were wonderful (although I thought the second had a very slow rhythm many times), especially the third, where Rhi shone and delivered an excellent read to all of us who read the comics.
I don't mind the slow pacing, in fact I kinda prefer them as it allows more character development, something Mariko is a master at...can't wait to see what she comes up with
Old 11-10-15, 22:50   #43
Enya Brennan
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ View Post
I don't mind the slow pacing, in fact I kinda prefer them as it allows more character development, something Mariko is a master at...can't wait to see what she comes up with
It was good for the beginning of the arc, but it got a bit tedious towards the end with the play thingy. I enjoyed the third a lot more

I'm excited to see what we'll get. But let's wait to play the game first
Old 12-10-15, 00:36   #44
Daft Raider

I really hope that's not the finalized cover of the first issue. It'll have been 3 years since the reboot came out when these release, and they're still using that same ****ing outfit for the covers of the comics. Christ can they not draw something else?! I'm so sick of seeing that used to death outfit.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 00:40   #45
AntRaidsTombs
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
I really hope that's not the finalized cover of the first issue. It'll have been 3 years since the reboot came out when these release, and they're still using that same ****ing outfit for the covers of the comics. Christ can they not draw something else?! I'm so sick of seeing that used to death outfit.
but classic Lara wore the same outfit foreverrrrrrr.
AntRaidsTombs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 00:45   #46
Lara_Fan1
Tomb Raider

--

These are just a few of the newer comic covers that don't have her default outfit. As it's already been pointed out the majority of images of Lara show her in her default outfit.
Old 12-10-15, 01:12   #47
Daft Raider

My point is, presenting Lara in the reboot outfit on the cover but in the issue she's not actually wearing it is not consistent at all, it makes them look really messy. Why don't they drawn her in the outfit she's wearing in the comic, instead of just recycling the reboot outfit ever other issue? That wasn't hard for Top Cow to do when they were making the comics.

*cue flood of "YOU'RE NITPICKING SHUT UP!!!" comments*

Last edited by Daft Raider; 12-10-15 at 01:13.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 01:17   #48
SunDormant
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Daft Raider View Post
My point is, presenting Lara in the reboot outfit on the cover but in the issue she's not actually wearing it is not consistent at all, it makes them look really messy. Why don't they drawn her in the outfit she's wearing in the comic, instead of just recycling the reboot outfit ever other issue? That wasn't hard for Top Cow to do when they were making the comics.

*cue flood of "YOU'RE NITPICKING SHUT UP!!!" comments*
I actually agree with you. It's something that really puts off (let alone that in some covers she's doing things she never does in the comic itself, if I remember correctly xD)

*cue starts here*
Old 12-10-15, 01:19   #49
Rai

^You're not nut picking , I see your point. But, your logic is flawed. Lara often wore more than one outfit in the comics, so which to choose? This way this is recognisable as reboot Lara. This outfit is her new default outfit (with the racer back alteration in Rise), just as the now Classic was the default before. In all honesty though, with many of the covers not even relating to the story inside (due to last minute changes), what outfit Lara was wearing is the least of the problems .

Edit: 9/18 covers had Lara in the default outfit. The other half had her in something different, sometimes similar to what she wore in the story.

Last edited by Rai; 12-10-15 at 01:27.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-15, 02:55   #50
PallasAthene
Archaeologist

I don't mind her standard outfit being on the cover (it's just the classic outfit with trousers tbh), but I wish they'd add some gloves/backpack/holsters to it (like the cover of Nest of Vipers). I feel like she mostly still looks like the same basic young woman who went adventuring with nothing but an axe in most of the standard outfit covers. I want to see her looking like a professional