www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Franchise > Tomb Raider Comics

Old 30-08-16, 11:15   #521
ESCachuli
Professor

Sam with powers? Hell no... that would really ruin the games. Unless she is the villain. A villain with super powers is nice. A companion with super powers makes Lara look useless (unless the powers aren't really that powerful, but Himiko's are).
ESCachuli is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-16, 13:30   #522
SamCactus101
Professor

That's the thing, Sam is possibly the villain, I can hardly see her as an ally from her recent behaviour. But technically its still Himiko's powers. Hmm, Lara is gonna have a tough time figuring how to end Himiko's control without hurting Sam.
Old 30-08-16, 15:33   #523
Heidi_w_
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
To allow Sam to keep Himiko's powers while remaining herself in complete control would seem cheap to me.
I wasn't serious, btw -- just trying to paint a humorous outcome to a very distressing situation.
Old 30-08-16, 16:26   #524
JsotoTRSaga
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rai View Post
The only way Sam can have powers is by accepting Himiko's presence in, which would mean Himiko taking over and Sam lost. Which is something that Lara has been trying to prevent since the first game! Hoshi stopped the ritual by committing suicide; Lara stopped the ritual by burning Himiko's already decaying host body, which disrupted the ritual, but apparently left some trace of Himiko in Sam. Sam has been trying to fight off this trace ever since. There is at least one more arc to go. If Lara doesn't find a way to end Himiko once and for all in the current arc, then I see Samiko appearing in game three, but Himiko will have full control. To allow Sam to keep Himiko's powers while remaining herself in complete control would seem cheap to me. Undermining everything we've witnessed and know about Himiko to date. And Sam as a companion to Lara acting as a human super powered weapon? Sorry Sam lovers, but this is not about to happen, imo. What has the last two games been about then? It's all been about Lara's progress as she discovers and embraces her abilities and destiny as Tomb Raider, where she's been mostly alone. It's not gonna suddenly become the Sam and Lara show with Sam as the super-human while they go off on adventures fighting bad guys. I see Sam either surviving in the comics and being returned as herself, where she'll remain in London as Lara's friend or Sam's parents will whisk her back home with them or Samiko will indeed be brought in as an enemy in game 3 with Lara having no choice but to kill her in the end. Making her an enemy from the start will hopefully soften the blow as we won't have gone through the entire game trying to save her, as was the case in TR'13. Her dying then would have felt wrong, but as an antagonist from the start, there wouldn't be that feeling of defeat. I don't know how they'd introduce Samiko though, not when in the first game saw her apparently fine. I guess they'd have to have quite a lengthy opening cut scene.
My thoughts exactly.
Quote:
I really do not want her in game 3. I'd rather Sam be cured, but she quietly accepts her parents' wishes and she'll go back with them to recuperate after the harrowing events. She's bound be still affected, but she and Lara can still remain friends. Lara visits the US quite a lot as it is.
Sam has killed people now, she can't be possibly saved from Jail by telling the jury she was posessed by some ancient sun queen right?
I'm almost certain she will either go to jail/hide/asylum or she will become SAMIKO and die. I'm thinking this will be the Amanda situation all over again, which IMO it's not such a bad thing.
Old 30-08-16, 19:53   #525
Heidi_w_
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by JsotoTRSaga View Post
Sam has killed people now, she can't be possibly saved from Jail by telling the jury she was posessed by some ancient sun queen right?
That was my fear initially, but the writer added a rather unexpected twist in that Trinity have taken over the running of the asylum. Like their operations on Yamatai, they're likely to cover up all the events going on under their watch -- which gives Sam a potential out, legal-wise.

Of course, everything now hinges on what she does next...
Old 30-08-16, 20:38   #526
Wooxman
Relic Hunter

Are there any infos about a trade paperback of the current story arc?
Old 30-08-16, 20:49   #527
Heidi_w_
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Haven't heard of one, but if there is it would undoubtedly only be released at its conclusion.

I don't think there would be, though -- there weren't any compilations for the first comic series.
Old 30-08-16, 20:53   #528
Cezar
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heidi_w_ View Post

I don't think there would be, though -- there weren't any compilations for the first comic series.
There were - all 3 arcs of the first Dark Horse series had compilations.
Cezar is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-16, 20:57   #529
Rai

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wooxman View Post
Is this what you're looking for? Volume 1. Out 26 October

As the current arc has just started, I imagine volume 2 for issues 7-12 will be announced later.

Last edited by Rai; 30-08-16 at 20:59.
Rai is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-08-16, 21:03   #530
Heidi_w_
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cezar View Post
There were - all 3 arcs of the first Dark Horse series had compilations.
Hm, I missed those -- but then I get the digital versions, guess I wasn't paying enough attention.