www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > Video-Games, Consoles and Related Discussions

Old 07-03-17, 08:06   #131
jackali
Super Moderator

Currently, no.

Doesn't mean that won't change.
Old 07-03-17, 10:20   #132
Sarah7777
Archaeologist

I found on YT for many problem of Nitendo Switch (Scratching Screen,Crash,Error,Stuck and tries to removed it etc.)

Nitendo must to fixed, otherwise it's gonna bad for milion people.
Old 07-03-17, 10:38   #133
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

That's a Crowbat video, he does this all the time for all hardware. You should check his PS4 and Xbox One videos of this worries you. It's nothing more than a handful of people encountering, unfortunately, completely broken hardware. However this is also nothing new. It happens with all new hardware.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Johnnay View Post
I know you can save on a USB Stick for the Wii U to play on another Wii U.. but come on Nintendo..
Might want to actually know your facts before spewing crap again like always? Because no you can't. The USB drive will be formatted specifically just for that single WiiU. Connecting it to another or a PC would require a reformat for it to be operational on that hardware.
Old 07-03-17, 10:49   #134
george_croft
Relic Hunter

I went out and got my Switch yesterday, and it's pretty flawless so far. I got it with BotW, which is my first proper go at a Zelda game and it's very entertaining so far. The environments are super interactive, and there's a whole lot of things he can do. I can see myself spending many hours with this game and this console! Getting snipperclips tonight.
george_croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 16:14   #135
:}hello friend
Professor

The accolades are rolling in:

- Fastest selling Nintendo system in Europe/Americas at launch
- Zelda: BotW is the best selling launch title in Nintendo history
- Best system launch ever in France (~105k)
- Decent numbers for Japan (313k)

Outdoing the Wii in March is a pretty big feat, considering most other Nintendo systems launched around the holidays.
:}hello friend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 17:25   #136
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Has Nintendo addressed any of the issues? Just like they addressed the ****ty peformance of BOTW
Old 07-03-17, 18:04   #137
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Yes they acknowledged the problems with the desync on the left joy-con but haven't said much other than what you can do to prevent as much as possible. Might be still more coming, but nothing as of now.

And what ****ty performance exactly? Put twenty hours in the game and only The Great Plateau had some odd and serious drops. Haven't encountered anything similar since I've left The Great Plateau. Performance has been very stable ever since. So no idea what's wrong at the start, but the rest of the game doesn't seem to suffer from anything similar.
Old 07-03-17, 18:20   #138
Linoshi Croft
Legend

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zelda master View Post
Yes they acknowledged the problems with the desync on the left joy-con but haven't said much other than what you can do to prevent as much as possible. Might be still more coming, but nothing as of now.

And what ****ty performance exactly? Put twenty hours in the game and only The Great Plateau had some odd and serious drops. Haven't encountered anything similar since I've left The Great Plateau. Performance has been very stable ever since. So no idea what's wrong at the start, but the rest of the game doesn't seem to suffer from anything similar.
In regard to BOW. Unfortunately, I have to disagree for both systems the game has been released on. The WiiU version (which I own) sufferers vastly from FPS drops in towns and while it is raining. The switch version (which a friend owns) seems to suffer from rather large FPS drops in other areas of the game and currently the only way to improve the FPS is to play the game in handheld mode. It's plastered all over the internet and is shown in various analysis videos of the two systems. You must just be incredibly lucky?

I find it incredibly frustrating that Nintendo have the audacity to push a patch that puts a DLC menu into the game but fails to deliver or even acknowledge the issues on both systems.

Last edited by Linoshi Croft; 07-03-17 at 18:21.
Linoshi Croft is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-03-17, 21:28   #139
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

I haven't run into anything outside of The Great Plateau except for a couple of very minor drops. Nearly constant stable 30 fps myself ever since I left it, no serious problems since. Most people seem to have regarding the Switch at least. That's seems to be the case on different forums including GAF.
The Digital Foundry video only displays The Great Plateau which is what everyone seems to be using as the biggest source for the performance. They have said that they'll be bringing more videos in the coming days, so we'll see.

Also don't forget that there's still two patches at least coming for Zelda on both platforms. It's entirely possible that they'll fix some of the troublesome spots. The problems are not CPU or GPU related because later parts are a lot bigger and feature a lot more. So whatever the bottleneck is, it can potentially still be fixed.

Anywho... Screenshots!
Old 08-03-17, 10:01   #140
Zelda master
Tomb Raider

Speak of the devil! Another Digital Foundry video regarding the performance of the game uploaded just over half an hour ago. Mostly solid 30fps across both platforms, frame-rate takes a momentarily hit when alpha heavy effects happen (explosions). However Kakariko Village suffers on the WiiU while staying mostly at the 30 on Switch with an occasional drop for a second or two.