Old 25-12-17, 05:04   #61
Arsunt
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by SarahPilko View Post
Looks great, Arsunt! Fantastic job!
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
These scalable health/air bars and pickup notifiers rock!
Thanks!
Quote:
Not a fan of the automatic FOV though, I do prefer playing with default Maybe because I have widescreen patch, but I only adjusted the resolution to 16:9 - no FOV or camera distance adjustment made.
Original behaviour is obviously the bug. But may be I'll add FOV correction option. Anyway FOV must be based on vertical sreen size, not on horizontal like in the original version.
Quote:
Loving the scaled health and oxygen bars!
There will come option to make them PlayStation gradient style! It looks even cooler.
Quote:
Screenshots works and saves to folder, but all screens just show a plain pink box.
Hmm, what Windows version? What display mode? Do you use dgVoodoo or other wrappers? If yes, try to disable them and try to make screenshot again. Could you make PCX screenshot with Software renderer (8 bit graphics) option too please?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sardoc View Post
The music solution I have uses flac files. Were you planning to support these? Just curious, because I can see mp3 support is coming.
Yeah, but mp3 first, because of Steam native audio support (the Steam just stealed PaulD audio solution with no credits to him)
Old 25-12-17, 07:38   #62
SLAYER
Archaeologist

I'm getting this error:

Render init failed with "createzbuffer"

Disabling z buffer fixes it, but I'd rather not have the glitches. This doesn't happen with the Steam version.
Old 25-12-17, 09:43   #63
SarahPilko
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arsunt View Post
Thanks!

Original behaviour is obviously the bug. But may be I'll add FOV correction option. Anyway FOV must be based on vertical sreen size, not on horizontal like in the original version.

There will come option to make them PlayStation gradient style! It looks even cooler.

Hmm, what Windows version? What display mode? Do you use dgVoodoo or other wrappers? If yes, try to disable them and try to make screenshot again. Could you make PCX screenshot with Software renderer (8 bit graphics) option too please?
Oh I didn't know that, it is just that I am used to the default FOV on PS and PC

I know, I can't wait! Any plans for other effects like the PS gun flare and underwater effect in the future?

I use Windows 10 64 bit. I don't use any wrappers. I tried modified (removed low ceiling bug and music) and default Steam versions.

I changed the graphics to Software renderer and PCX format works! Shame no windowed mode though and the game screen gets stuck and flickers like crazy when I minimise the game haha. Hope this helps!
SarahPilko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-17, 17:45   #64
Caesum
Tomb Raider

Seems like I won't be able to test it with my version of the game. I have a peculiar TR2+Gold version that works without CD and has its own executable.

http://www.mediafire.com/file/90buo4...4u/Tomb2gt.exe

This is the exe I have. I'll check if I don't have another TR2 disc but I think that's the only one I've got.
Caesum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-17, 21:26   #65
Dustie
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
I'm getting this error:

Disabling z buffer fixes it, but I'd rather not have the glitches. This doesn't happen with the Steam version.
I have the same problem, when I click Test in Setup window, it already says there was a problem with the Z Buffer, then when I try to run nevertheless, I get the error Render init failed with "CreateZBuffer".

Also, it's worth noting the patched version is a no-CD version exe.
Dustie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-12-17, 22:04   #66
VictorXD
Relic Hunter

Everything seems to be working perfectly for me I even used Peixoto's patch with the exe for HD textures.

Thanks so much for this Arsunt
Old 30-12-17, 13:44   #67
annl
Archaeologist

Works great for me Arsunt! I'm using Peixoto's injector with DgVoodoo2 and Reshade.

Edit: Oh and my resolution is 1360 x 768 (720p), because I use a 32 inch TV.

Last edited by annl; 30-12-17 at 13:45.
annl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 17:48   #68
Danath
Archaeologist

Thumbs up

I have tried this patch with my released TR2 levelset! To get it working i also had to disable z-buffer in the options.

It is working great, though i didn't fully play it, just for a while. I really like the scaling and aspect ratio, looks gorgeous in 1080p, which i haven't used in the past because of the tiny health/oxigen bars and the pickup sprites. But you fixed that! The music is working fine with the winmm.dll and .wma files method, also the low ceiling collision works perfect afaik.
One thing i don't like much is that the camera seems a bit too far away from Lara's back, specially when drawing weapons.

Here's two images in native 1080p resolution, one to see how good it looks with the scaled health bar and the other for the secret sprites in the statistics which are wonderfully scaled now: https://imgur.com/a/WeTa7

One strange thing is that when exiting the game, Windows 7 throws a tomb2.exe crash related to "ntdll.dll".
Old 30-12-17, 21:27   #69
Kirishima
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Danath View Post
The music is working fine with the winmm.dll and .wma files method
That's funny, I can't get that part working. I'm on Windows 10, however...(EDIT: NEVERMIND, patch below seems to have fixed this)

Also, is Mipmapping/Anisotropic Filtering unfinished? The game looks like it's trying to do that with various textures becoming unfiltered/pixelated when looking at surfaces from certain angles.

Last edited by Kirishima; 30-12-17 at 22:05.
Kirishima is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-12-17, 21:38   #70
Arsunt
Student

Patch is updated, there are bugfixes mainly. You can download here.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLAYER View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
I have the same problem, when I click Test in Setup window, it already says there was a problem with the Z Buffer, then when I try to run nevertheless, I get the error Render init failed with "CreateZBuffer".
Quote:
I have tried this patch with my released TR2 levelset! To get it working i also had to disable z-buffer in the options.
The original code had the following priority of the Z-buffer depth: 16/24/32/8 bit. Game used 16 bit ZBuffer if it is available. I'd tried to change the priority to 32/24/16/8 bit, but it seems that this gives DX5 error on newer systems. So I reverted the priority to original one.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dustie View Post
Also, it's worth noting the patched version is a no-CD version exe.
In fact, it is not entirely true that the EXE is NoCD patched. Technically, the logic of NoCD using/unusing is controlled by DLL (CD_Init / GetFullPath), and can be disabled when building a DLL (comment/delete FEATURE_NOCD_DATA). 99.9% of the things that the patch does actually contained in the DLL. EXE itself contains only changes that give the DLL the permission to make any changes of the whole game code at launch. But thanks, I'll note that default patch behavior is NoCD.
Quote:
Oh I didn't know that, it is just that I am used to the default FOV on PS and PC
Quote:
One thing i don't like much is that the camera seems a bit too far away from Lara's back, specially when drawing weapons.
The formula works as expected, expanding the areas to the left and right, but not changing the vertical viewing angle. But I'll add the ability to adjust the view ratio. For example, you could do fov the same as on the PS. There is a basic screen resolution of 320x224 (not 320x240), so the values are slightly different. By the way, there is original game resolution (640x480) fov and ultra wide resoltion (1280x480) fov on screenshots.

Quote:
Any plans for other effects like the PS gun flare and underwater effect in the future?
Yes
Quote:
Originally Posted by Caesum View Post
Seems like I won't be able to test it with my version of the game. I have a peculiar TR2+Gold version that works without CD and has its own executable.
You have "original" and "gold" directories there. Just copy my DLL+EXE and all DLL files from your root game directory there and launch. Though CD tracks won't work for you OOB, this version has no support of .vag files. But try this audio pack. Also both Steam/Gog versions should work fine with tracks now.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
I even used Peixoto's patch with the exe for HD textures.
Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post
I'm using Peixoto's injector with DgVoodoo2 and Reshade.
In 2018 all those features will be supported out of the box without need of other patchers/wrappers.
Quote:
One strange thing is that when exiting the game, Windows 7 throws a tomb2.exe crash related to "ntdll.dll".
Just tried to fix it in the last patch. Very strange floating bug with MCI_CLOSE command.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirishima View Post
Also, is Mipmapping/Anisotropic Filtering unfinished? The game looks like it's trying to do that with various textures becoming unfiltered/pixelated when looking at surfaces from certain angles.
Not yet. But will be. I want to test original DirectX5 functionality first. After that I'll port the game to DX9.
Quote:
Originally Posted by VictorXD View Post
Thanks so much for this Arsunt
Quote:
Originally Posted by annl View Post
Works great for me Arsunt!
You're welcome!

Thank you everyone for your feedback. This is very important! Together we can make this game flawless!

What's new:
  • Fixed original game bug with conflicting default/custom keyboard layouts. For example if you set Space to jump, then relaunch the game, you get draw weapons at jump until you visit controls settings. This was fixed.
  • My bug with ZBuffer fixed.
  • In-game screenshot key is set to Backspace now (not PrintScreen anymore because of some issues). Now windowed screenshot captures window client area, not whole screen. Though windowed screenshots don't work properly on newer systems. This will be fixed, also I will change legacy PCX/TGA format to PNG. I will make Date/Time filename instead of sequence number.
  • Few bugs with CD Audio fixed
  • Implemented PaulD CD Audio solution, used now by Steam (cdaudio.mp3)

Last edited by Arsunt; 31-12-17 at 08:47.
Arsunt is offline   Reply With Quote