www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > The Angel of Darkness

Old 01-10-18, 20:26   #571
Nerdy
Historian

Why do I keep editing my posts. Erghh seriously I need to stop.

Last edited by Nerdy; 01-10-18 at 20:37.
Nerdy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-18, 20:32   #572
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by tombraider4ever View Post
I would love to back this Kickstarter but I had my credit card hacked twice and I promised myself never to use my credit card online again, no matter what. Is there any alternative for me? I don't understand why Kickstarter won't accept paypal .
Unfortunately, no. No other way. Kickstarter is SSL protected so you should be fine for hacking. I would recommend using a PC with antivirus and firewall if you're super worried.
Here's a bit on safety and security from Kickstarter, hopefully that helps and reassures you
https://help.kickstarter.com/hc/en-u...n-Kickstarter-
Old 01-10-18, 21:40   #573
annacroft
Explorer

I pledged for Old Cairo
Old 01-10-18, 22:30   #574
kietasvyras
Student

I am just unpleasantly amazed by some replies in this thread. People invested their hearts into this project and to post here just to discourage from making it to happen is, to say the least, very impolite.

For me this project itself is the best award. It is not about some sweet cheap trinkets, lovely useless statues that will collect dust in a cupboard most of the time, plastic CDs and vinyl that almost no one listens to any more or getting credits for self-importance. It is about showing that Core Design and their Tomb Raider including TRAOD still matter, that there are people out there who miss them and would love to get them back. I think it is really amazing achievement to have a least some employees of Core Design working on something Tomb Raider particularly TRAOD related again.

Of course, the awards could have been more clever and better adapted to contemporary grown-up Core Design's Tomb Raider particularly TRAOD fans, the artwork could have been made by James Kenny, the project could have been focused on something perhaps less costly and more forward oriented like the soundtrack for TRAOD sequel instead of kind a repeating of what has already been done and aiming at 3 games instead of just 1 (sometimes less is more) and so on and so fourth. Sometimes doing some research before the project and having someone with business background and experience in a team helps. I also expected the goal to be about 3 times smaller. Nevertheless, it is easier to criticise than to make project like this happen. I really wish everything will pass smoothly and Tomb Raider: The Dark Angel Symphony will become a reality.

Last edited by kietasvyras; 01-10-18 at 22:39.
kietasvyras is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 01:04   #575
FearEffect
Relic Hunter

I'd like to pledge but I'm confused about something.

Valley of the Kings pledge says it has the Dark Angel Symphony as digital download. However, the Alexandria pledge has the TR4/5/6 remastered for digital download? Wasn't that part of the Dark Angel Symphony?
FearEffect is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 01:28   #576
Error96
Explorer

I pledged for Monstrum Crimescene which appears to make me the second biggest backer of day 1. Even worked some extra shifts so I could get enough.

£12K on day 1 is okay but we really need to get the word out to get it going a bit more if we are to have a good chance. One question that might help is to know how much new content there is within the symphony itself. To say what is better in the symphony than the original soundtracks.
Old 02-10-18, 02:32   #577
Zreen001
Professor

I'm getting the Old Cairo pack with the Dark Angel Symphony Full Score addon.

About marketing, we may have an issue with people mistaking this for last year's TRSuite kickstarter or simply don't want to support two TR music remasters. In any case, spreading the word through social media or even contacting various news stations (doubtful they'll pick it up) would be the best way to get this thing moving.

The first few days of pledges are normally the ones who were on top of news for the project anyway so we'll see the biggest boost these few days but then it'll drop drastically and trickle onwards until the end when it might spike back up or simply die out (hopefully the former rather than the latter). That's where the marketing comes in.
Old 02-10-18, 06:47   #578
ashka
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FearEffect View Post
I'd like to pledge but I'm confused about something.

Valley of the Kings pledge says it has the Dark Angel Symphony as digital download. However, the Alexandria pledge has the TR4/5/6 remastered for digital download? Wasn't that part of the Dark Angel Symphony?
The Dark Angel Symphony is a reimagined music, not a remaster. It'll be a remake from grounds up with essentially new compositions with strong motifs of the original tracks. The remastered tracks for tr4-6 will be available on a separate cd.
Old 02-10-18, 08:09   #579
Hazelphoenix
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ruu11 View Post
I'm sorry, but I find HILARIOUS 3.000Ä for 2 "made in china" statues + the remastered OST, etc

This project is being a non-stop joke.
Nobody forces you to spend 3000 on the project, you know, thereís another pledge worth 25£, another one 60£ and so on. If you are an AOD fan, even just the physical copy of the CD is a real treat. You claim to be one after all, right? Yet you keep ****ting on a project aimed at keeping the AOD spirit alive through its soundtrack. Go figure

Now back to the important stuff, I just backed the project myself, went for the Old Cairo package as it seems the best choice for my limited budget. 2 CDs + signed poster is amazing. Wish I could help more regardless of the pledge but unfortunately thatís the best I can afford right now. Seriously wishing this project and all those involved a good luck and congrats for making this real <3
Hazelphoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-10-18, 10:43   #580
Putai
Student

Quote:
Originally Posted by kietasvyras View Post
For me this project itself is the best award. It is not about some sweet cheap trinkets, lovely useless statues that will collect dust in a cupboard most of the time, plastic CDs and vinyl that almost no one listens to any more or getting credits for self-importance. It is about showing that Core Design and their Tomb Raider including TRAOD still matter, that there are people out there who miss them and would love to get them back. I think it is really amazing achievement to have a least some employees of Core Design working on something Tomb Raider particularly TRAOD related again.
Preach. It's about this, indeed. Also just my modest input but I never allow my statues to collect dust - I have them well protected behind a crystal - and I do actually listen and use my CDs and vinyls. Just saying
Already backed this project myself too. Wishing the best to all the team, I hope we all have a great joy in a month. Go Dark Angel!

Last edited by Putai; 02-10-18 at 10:44. Reason: typo
Putai is offline   Reply With Quote