www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider Anniversary

Old 07-03-20, 01:12   #1
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Question Mummified Cat Relic

In the Temple of Khamoon, inside the Cat Temple and the Room w/4 obelisks & Exit level. I know how to obtain the relic, but every time I perch on the small obelisk and try to “hop” to the next one, etc. Lara never lands on top when she jumps off? I finally went on with the game, but wonder what I was doing wrong?
Old 07-03-20, 03:09   #2
ozzman
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cat Woman View Post
In the Temple of Khamoon, inside the Cat Temple and the Room w/4 obelisks & Exit level. I know how to obtain the relic, but every time I perch on the small obelisk and try to “hop” to the next one, etc. Lara never lands on top when she jumps off? I finally went on with the game, but wonder what I was doing wrong?
i have the same issue, i tend to skip the climbing and use the air walk bug to get up to the alcove or high enough to jump and grab it

it's a bit tricky but can be a time saver for problems like this

if you release the button to hold the gun but jump at the same time, lara will jump forward and grab ledges , its definitely easier to pull off with a controller
Old 07-03-20, 14:08   #3
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Question

Thanks. I will remember to try this somewhere needed. But, you start the jump from high up the wall and jump back to the small obelisk. From there to a higher one, etc. Then over to more and the ledge. She does not want to jump to the first higher one from the small one. Jumps and lands on the ground. Maybe I should have gone forward and held the jump button longer while jumping? Help from someone that has made this jump might help if I replay the game.
Old 07-03-20, 14:55   #4
Rai

Is this the room you mean?

The four obelisks all look the same height to me. Are you sure you've raised them all? Anyway, I hope this video helps. I think you do need to keep hold of the forward button for momentum.
Old 07-03-20, 20:34   #5
Cat Woman
Archaeologist

Yes, too bad I didn’t realize that the first one was NOT raised high enough. I just figured they were this way. Guess, I cannot go back to that level until I finish the game - right? At least my problem was solved. . Thanks Rai.

Note: I’m just past the trapped hallway so I’m going to try to go back to get the relic. Will keep you posted if it works. At least others will know if they have the same problem with the raised obelisks.

Additional Note for others too: Got the relic. I found that the first column was not raised as I must have moved the box back on the pressure pad (after completing the puzzle). Once I pulled it out further, the column raised again. Thanks Rai.

Last edited by Cat Woman; 08-03-20 at 14:47.
Cat Woman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-20, 02:42   #6
Rai

I'm pleased you got it! .
Old 10-03-20, 14:44   #7
Jami393
Tomb Raider

While you're in a group of levels (by group I mean, Peru, Greece etc.) you can almost traverse back. So for Egypt for example, before opening the door at the Sphinx in Sanctuary, you can go back on yourself. You can only do this during the main game and not during replay level.
Old 10-03-20, 17:48   #8
tomee
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozzman View Post
i have the same issue, i tend to skip the climbing and use the air walk bug to get up to the alcove or high enough to jump and grab it

it's a bit tricky but can be a time saver for problems like this

if you release the button to hold the gun but jump at the same time, lara will jump forward and grab ledges , its definitely easier to pull off with a controller
Just an FYI for those who want to experiment with this, the video tutorial is rather old made when the glitch was first discovered. The timing of the gun is actually not that tricky, you don't have to shoot and jump at the same time. In fact you don't even have to shoot. You can just jump forward and then grab your gun mid air before Lara reaches the edge. Afterwards she will remain airborne as long as you keep holding your guns.