www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor > Tomb Editor

Old 30-01-20, 22:07   #261
Lwmte
Archaeologist

@TokyoSU: That's strange, I am testing with original TR4 target version almost all the time (cause TRNG is failing badly on my laptop), and very rarely I have issues with sounds.

@JMN: Hmm, not for now, I thought nobody will ever need multiple instances of ST If you need that, I will implement this option.
Lwmte is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31-01-20, 15:43   #262
TokyoSU
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
@TokyoSU: That's strange, I am testing with original TR4 target version almost all the time (cause TRNG is failing badly on my laptop), and very rarely I have issues with sounds.
i use tombeditor to test some think like the sound and it cause really wreid sound instead of the expected one.
and i remarked that it throw "Some samples weren't found. Make sure sample paths are specified correctly. Check level settings for details."
but all sound are green :x
and the default sound path is: "C:\Tomb Editor\Sounds\Samples"

PS: i use the TR4 default sound and sounds.txt (converted to .xml)
i use the TR4 version wad2 target and tombeditor TR4 version target

Last edited by TokyoSU; 31-01-20 at 15:45.
TokyoSU is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 13:27   #263
vasatomb
Hobbyist

you can't see objects through the water surface in the editor, for example, trapdood.will there be a fix?

Last edited by vasatomb; 01-02-20 at 13:33.
vasatomb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-20, 22:53   #264
Lwmte
Archaeologist

Yes, if someone will be brave enough to rewrite or refactor renderer one more time
Old 05-02-20, 07:50   #265
TokyoSU
Historian

it would be great if we can edit the "zone" square like gray sector, it will allow more customize and we can add more zone in the future, just a function like texture mode but for zone (land, water, skeleton, fly, etc..) we will select what zone we want to edit and the editor will show only this zone, we will click on the sector (not wall because it return FALSE anytime in the pathfinding) and it will set enabled (green ?) and disabled (red ?) probably a custom color in the option would be additional.
Old 07-02-20, 13:24   #266
rufierto
Explorer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rufierto View Post
Just downloaded and looking forward to getting into it. One question, the issue I had with the line between rooms with reflections is still there. This was not fixed in this update?

There have been 3 updates since I asked this question. Is there a plan to fix this, or do I have to build rooms now without reflections?
rufierto is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-02-20, 15:11   #267
Lwmte
Archaeologist

I think it's obvious that if it is not fixed yet, it means nobody knows how to fix it
Old 07-02-20, 16:31   #268
TokyoSU
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lwmte View Post
I think it's obvious that if it is not fixed yet, it means nobody knows how to fix it
it's probably the reflection that are not sync between room with the same reflection flag, it's not a tombeditor bug but engine "bug" or just a missed feature from core :x
Old 07-02-20, 16:54   #269
Lwmte
Archaeologist

I think it's combination of both.
Core's room vertex effects are very quirky and easy to break with even slight modification of room geometry. That's why there are LOTS of reports that "something doesn't work as in winroomedit". In the past, there was a case of reflections breaking when movement flag was applied to the same vertex which already had glow flag. It was resolved (or at least I haven't heard any complaints with that).

In this case, I think it's combination of both tomb4 quirks and another Core's winroomedit hack that we lack in TE. Most likely, Core forced to remove vertices with vertical normals from processing as reflective.
Old 07-02-20, 19:40   #270
rufierto
Explorer

Thanks for the replies. I love using tomb editor so I am trying to come up with some creative geometry fixes. 🤔
rufierto is online now   Reply With Quote