www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Tomb Raider Series > Tomb Raider II

Old 01-12-19, 17:42   #31
Zsott
Archaeologist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post
I also want to say that all games are right to have their unappreciated thread, as they all have their right to have their appreciated thread.
Still pointless, since we have a thread for this. "General *whichever TR* thread".
Or the general TR discussion. There's no need to open a new thread for every fart we letting out.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tomb Raidering View Post
EDIT: You have no right to tell me what I did wrong or not...
Just like how you’re best at what you’re doing...
I hit nerve, I see. Point me to the sentence, where I told you, what you have done wrong. I'll wait.
But wait! There is none! It's only my opinion, based on your reputation. Learn to read.

Quote:
know your borders.
After you.

P.S:
I do have the right to do a recap on happenings, on a public forum. Bye Felicia.

Last edited by Zsott; 01-12-19 at 18:17.
Zsott is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 17:44   #32
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chamayoo View Post

I don’t get how people link it with the Shadow thread, really... We all have our right to express our opinions, and absolutely have *no* right to pooh-pooh someone’s opinion......
Old 01-12-19, 17:44   #33
Chamayoo
Relic Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
Still pointless, since we have a thread for this. "General *whichever TR* thread".
Or the general TR discussion. There's no need to open a new thread for every fart we letting out.
From this perspective, I agree.
Old 01-12-19, 17:55   #34
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zsott View Post
EXACTLY, thank you.

This this thread as well as LRs thread is in response to the Shadow one because a lot of people started complaining a few days ago and then suddenly we have both of these threads?

I'm not knocking criticism, if you have seen me check the TR4 section where I lashed out against some of the stupid decisions made for that game like Cairo for example here.

Thread I made

https://www.tombraiderforums.com/sho...d.php?t=214859

And a post from me criticising a section of the game.

Quote:
Originally Posted by charmedangelin View Post
IMO these levels were the worst in the game. The amount of back tracking and the amount of new stuff that they never tell you about in this level is freaking bs. Also the level is dark as hell making it very difficult to see small cracks where you can climb. I could not see the crack with the ice spirits, I did not know you could move a dead body, I did not know you could shoot the gun torrents, I did not know that you had to combine the nitro tank with that valve which was impossible for me to see. I thought the whole area where the value is was pointless and thought Lara would tell the guy that the other man was dead. Nope there was a small, I say small pipe sticking out that I was supposed to know was there and to use the crow bar to get it out. I had no idea that I needed a freaking roof key back in the last level with the bike.Could not see the car crank in the bazar on the table, nor could I see that I could circle to the back of the cab to get the jack. Had no idea that I was supposed to go back into the bazarr with the mine thing and the control to switch off the mines. This area was complete crap IMO, hated it with a passion. Also had no idea that you could lift tiles off the floor in previous levels. TR4 introduced some awesome concepts, but never told you anything about them in the tutorial levels. While back tracking is cool, they did a balanced amount in Kazer and Alexandra, but in cairo they made you backtrack like there was no tomorrow making it easy to get lost and frustrating to solve puzzles that you had no idea existed. Cairo had the worst set of levels in Tomb Raider history IMO. Goodness gracious I hated this area. Was forced to use a guide in order to complete it.

Sorry for the long post, just cleared this area for the very first time and boy am frustrated with the whole area. I like the theme of the area and dark atmospher, it kind of reminded me a bit about AOD, but the game play in that area was horrible. IMO

As you can see I can level criticism, the thing is that's not what this or that other thread is about. I hate the silly childish tit for tat nonsense that is obvious going on here.

And this thread specifically serves no purpose other than to mirror and drum up attention because those other threads were made.
Old 01-12-19, 18:03   #35
redfox45
Archaeologist

Quote:

And this thread specifically serves no purpose other than to mirror and drum up attention because those other threads were made.
Going by Tomb Raidering's last post that seems to be what's going on here.
redfox45 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 18:09   #36
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Originally Posted by redfox45 View Post
Going by Tomb Raidering's last post that seems to be what's going on here.
I just noticed this as well

Quote:
This is the TRII *HATE* thread!

Like come on, you cannot tell me this isn't bait.
Old 01-12-19, 18:12   #37
yeti
Student

Quote:
“What Classic elements should we *not* put in our game,” by SE/EM/CD/whatever.
The first classic element they should exclude is the title "tomb raider"

It's a bit of a misnomer
yeti is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-12-19, 18:21   #38
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeti View Post
The first classic element they should exclude is the title "tomb raider"

It's a bit of a misnomer
Who knows, maybe they’d drop the Tomb Raider title and replace it with Lara Croft?

One thing that I wouldn’t want it to return from the Classics would be timed runs.

And that’s where we’ve gone off-topic...
Old 01-12-19, 18:27   #39
charmedangelin
Tomb Raider

Quote:
Who knows, maybe they’d drop the Tomb Raider title and replace it with Lara Croft?

One thing that I wouldn’t want it to return from the Classics would be timed runs.

And that’s where we’ve gone off-topic...
I agree, we should also get rid of manual grab, keys, doors, and levers because that's obviously too difficult.

Mazes should also go as well as those underwater sections because sometimes people get lost too hard.

Acrobats is something that shouldn't return either, that's not Lara Croft anymore.

Outfit wise I don't want shorts, duals, or braids. They don't fit the character anymore.

Secrets are also something bothersome.
Old 01-12-19, 19:01   #40
Tomb Raidering
Professor

Quote:
Did I say those? No. So I don’t understand. Of course Classic elements could return. But I’d not want unrelevant things like timed-runs and tank controls to return (this is only my opinion’ as always).

I mostly agree with you on certain things (how the reboot was handled, etc.) but why can’t we have an healthy conversation for once (not directed at you). The Shadow thread followed the trend of the Underworld thread, so did the TR5 thread and so did this one.

Your post from the from the TR5 thread:
Quote:
They be coming for classics because they be melting in the heat of Shadows roasting.
This is definitely not me, and all of you are free to roast Shadow (which it deserves)....