Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Series > Shadow of the Tomb Raider

Old 30-06-18, 20:04   #21
Lily.J

Quote:
I really feel like the music in TRU is extremely underrated. Legend has some nice music, but most tracks are the same 30 seconds repeated over and over, which just came across as quite lazy.
These are most of them ambient music, so it's perfectly normal. Underworld as well as Anniversary are often similar on this side. My main criticism for Underworld was the musical identity, that lacked a little bit of variety and the fact that some tracks could play the card of the "strong and grandiloquent melodic power" by gradually adding trumpets and choirs so pronounced that it became sometimes almost grotesque. That same exaggeration could come when we received soudainly an epic and incroyable musical anthem, by just eliminating a little spider, which could be kind, but especially very strange.

Otherwise, most of the music is indeed beautiful.

Last edited by Lily.J; 25-08-18 at 03:11.
Lily.J is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 21:23   #22
Heartache

what i like the most in all of the soundtracks by far is the motif used in tomb raider legend. it beats all other motifs used in the series. im still sad it wasnt used in underworld aswell to tie them together
Heartache is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 23:17   #23
JuditePrince12

AOD had the best soundtrack...bite me
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 23:22   #24
Ahmier
Unverified

Quote:
Originally Posted by JuditePrince12 View Post
AOD had the best soundtrack...bite me
Le Serpent Rouge, The Louvre, Rooftop, Main Theme, etc, etc, etc.
Ahmier is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30-06-18, 23:28   #25
JuditePrince12

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ahmier View Post
Le Serpent Rouge, The Louvre, Rooftop, Main Theme, etc, etc, etc.
YESSSSSSSSSSSS!!!!!!
JuditePrince12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 00:42   #26
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
TR1, AOD and Legend had the best soundtracks.

TR1 https://youtu.be/WkAF1R6Gtmw?t=958
AOD https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yxLw6sX5sE8
Legend https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y9zAA1STOr8

Tomb raider 1 had great classical music
AOD had a great orchestra
Legend Knows how to get your blood pumpin' in combat and the exploration themes aren't bad either.
I love all those tracks. I have all the Tomb Raider music (except the reboot) in my iTunes library. I listen to them quite regularly.

I love all the soundtracks for different reasons. I didn't love Underworld's soundtrack as much as Legend or Anniversary upon release, but today I think it might just be the best one. It's certainly very good, and I love the full extended soundtrack.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 01:07   #27
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
I love all those tracks. I have all the Tomb Raider music (except the reboot) in my iTunes library. I listen to them quite regularly.

I love all the soundtracks for different reasons. I didn't love Underworld's soundtrack as much as Legend or Anniversary upon release, but today I think it might just be the best one. It's certainly very good, and I love the full extended soundtrack.
Yeah the music for the entire series (untill 2013/Rise anyway) was great and the way there were used in-game definitely enhanced it, TR3's India theme kicking in as you explored, that VCI danger theme blasting as you run from VCI guards in Escape with the Iris! and the ambience of Paris in AOD were all great.

Last edited by Samz; 01-07-18 at 01:09.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 01:25   #28
Legends

Quote:
Originally Posted by Samz View Post
Yeah the music for the entire series (untill 2013/Rise anyway) was great and the way there were used in-game definitely enhanced it, TR3's India theme kicking in as you explored, that VCI danger theme blasting as you run from VCI guards in Escape with the Iris! and the ambience of Paris in AOD were all great.
The music from the reboot is so anonymous to me. I have listened to both the soundtracks on Spotify, but they're just not that special. Kinda boring to be honest.

I love the jungle theme from TR3. All of TR3's music is very exotic and haunting at the same time. I have always loved "She's Cool" from TR3. I love the musical evolution of the classics.

And when I heard this for the first time! I thought it was so beautiful and it got my so excited to play The Lost Valley. To me this is the Theme for Anniversary. I remember they called the track "Peru Serenity" back before the game was released.
Legends is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 01:30   #29
Samz

Quote:
Originally Posted by Legends View Post
The music from the reboot is so anonymous to me. I have listened to both the soundtracks on Spotify, but they're just not that special. Kinda boring to be honest.

I love the jungle theme from TR3. All of TR3's music is very exotic and haunting at the same time. I have always loved "She's Cool" from TR3. I love the musical evolution of the classics.

And when I heard this for the first time! I thought it was so beautiful and it got my so excited to play The Lost Valley. To me this is the Theme for Anniversary. I remember they called the track "Peru Serenity" back before the game was released.
Yeah She's Cool is....cool, I also liked Lara's Theme from TR2 and I wish it played more than just once.
Samz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-18, 06:29   #30
Daft Raider
Inactive

Now that I'm home I had to go back and listen to a few of my favorite tracks. This one is so fantastic, it paints such a vivid picture if I close my eyes, I can feel the sun on my skin, the breeze blowing gently, Lara's yacht rocking back and forth from the ocean. I almost feel like I'm there.

I'm actually always surprised by Legends soundtrack when I go back and listen to it after some time, Idk how I always manage to forget just how atmospheric and beautiful it was. The Nepal tracks are really nice, it's cool but also very somber and sad, it's got a lot of layers.
Daft Raider is offline   Reply With Quote