www.tombraiderforums.com  

Go Back   www.tombraiderforums.com > Community Forums > General Chat

Old 23-09-19, 14:00   #21
xtimz
Historian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad Tony View Post
"The war is between us and the Jews. Any country that steps into the same trench as the Jews has only itself to blame" - Osama Bin Laden

But yeah, carry on making excuses for mass murderers because you don't like American foreign policy.
I doubt it. At least I think it's a sentence taken out of the context which skewed the meaning.
(1) Bin Laden once fought against the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union definitely didn't help Israel. But the Soviet Union occupied his country. That's why they fought.
(2) Al-Qaeda has never attacked Israel. And Israel didn't take any military action against Al-Qaeda. So the only consistent way of Bin Laden is he wants to drive foreign army out of his country.

(3) So why he said that. I think he may just state the truth. If country A and country B is in a war, any country in the same trench as country A will automatically become an enemy of country B. That's simply a truthful statement. It applies to any country.

(4) Not everybody has to like American foreign policy. And even if I like it, I don't have to agree with every item of it. I like its idea toward foreign immigrant, including the Arabic immigrant. And I like its idea of protecting Israel. But I don't see the US army in Arabic countries is to protect Israel, or has any other meaningful use.
xtimz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28-09-19, 10:05   #22
Mad Tony
Sage

Quote:
Originally Posted by xtimz View Post
I doubt it. At least I think it's a sentence taken out of the context which skewed the meaning.
(1) Bin Laden once fought against the Soviet Union. The Soviet Union definitely didn't help Israel. But the Soviet Union occupied his country. That's why they fought.
(2) Al-Qaeda has never attacked Israel. And Israel didn't take any military action against Al-Qaeda. So the only consistent way of Bin Laden is he wants to drive foreign army out of his country.

(3) So why he said that. I think he may just state the truth. If country A and country B is in a war, any country in the same trench as country A will automatically become an enemy of country B. That's simply a truthful statement. It applies to any country.

(4) Not everybody has to like American foreign policy. And even if I like it, I don't have to agree with every item of it. I like its idea toward foreign immigrant, including the Arabic immigrant. And I like its idea of protecting Israel. But I don't see the US army in Arabic countries is to protect Israel, or has any other meaningful use.
This is a very weird attempt at justifying blatant anti-Semitism.
Old 28-09-19, 10:34   #23
TRfan23
Golden

It makes me wonder what Afghanistan would be like today if the USSR didn't invade them in 1979.

Last edited by TRfan23; 28-09-19 at 10:36.
TRfan23 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29-09-19, 01:26   #24
Draco
Golden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Catapharact View Post
It certainly does when that specific someone decided to take the main helm of a Terrorist Organization and called upon continuous attacks on foreign nations by the followers of Al-Qaeda; Even as far as to encourage lone wolf attacks by individual crud heads.
None of that was part of your justification though. You literally could justify killing just about anyone with what you said in the post I addressed.