Tomb Raider Forums  

Go Back   Tomb Raider Forums > Tomb Raider Level Editor and Modding > Tomb Raider Level Editor

Old 18-01-09, 20:34   #1
LaraCablara

Default Camera Issues

When Lara pulls a switch, the camera never shows the door opening for the right amount of time. Its supposed to be 3-5 seconds but instead it just flashes quickly and goes back to Lara.

How do I fix this?
LaraCablara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-09, 20:37   #2
matrix54

1 second = 300 (in time field)
2 seconds = 600
3 seconds = 900

and so on...
matrix54 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18-01-09, 20:38   #3
LaraCablara

Quote:
Originally Posted by matrix54 View Post
1 second = 300 (in time field)
2 seconds = 600
3 seconds = 900

and so on...
Wow, didn't know that .

Thank you!
Old 18-01-09, 22:50   #4
Titak

Even that does not always work for some odd reason.
So if you run into this problem again, even if you have entered the correct value in the timer field, you can also use a rollingball to heavytrigger the camera. That always works.
Titak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 00:05   #5
aktrekker

If you have a rollingball in the level, make sure it does not stop on a trigger. This will cause problems with cameras.
aktrekker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19-01-09, 18:35   #6
LaraCablara

Oh, has anyone found a fix for the flashing sprites in front of the screen problem yet ?
Old 19-01-09, 18:38   #7
GodOfLight
Inactive

that's always been a normal part of tomb raider.

we need someone like ensi or harly to fix it in TREP.

i really wouldn't worry about it though. it doesn't make your (or anyone elses) level bad or anything
GodOfLight is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-20, 07:45   #8
nexusdarkblue

Sorry to bump an old topic, but I felt it was better to reply to this old thread rather than start a new one ;-)

I'm using NGLE, and have suddenly run into a similar issue. In a scenario that I tested the other day, I have multiple push buttons all activating the same door. The idea is for the camera to show the door each time Lara presses one of the buttons, then switch the view back to Lara each time after 2 seconds (I entered '2' in the 'Timer' field parameters).

Instead, the view stays on the door until Lara 'breaks' from it by drawing a weapon or moving off of the trigger tile.

Oddly, this setup worked perfectly when I was using the ancient TRLE, so I'm wondering if things changed with NGLE?

Besides that, the door ultimately will open just fine
nexusdarkblue is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-20, 09:40   #9
psiko

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusdarkblue View Post
Instead, the view stays on the door until Lara 'breaks' from it by drawing a weapon or moving off of the trigger tile.
I am afraid with multiple switches setup, there's no solution, nor with the rolling ball trick, at least. Unless you use a rb for each switch and are sure that each rb rolls away from the trigger sector. In this case switches should be used once and not with a combo to be found (I do not know what is your case). Anyhow a rb for each switch can be expensive and resources demandig.

Btw, about this quote, that camera can be broken even with lara's look key
psiko is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15-02-20, 20:15   #10
LaraCablara

Quote:
Originally Posted by nexusdarkblue View Post
Sorry to bump an old topic, but I felt it was better to reply to this old thread rather than start a new one ;-)

I'm using NGLE, and have suddenly run into a similar issue. In a scenario that I tested the other day, I have multiple push buttons all activating the same door. The idea is for the camera to show the door each time Lara presses one of the buttons, then switch the view back to Lara each time after 2 seconds (I entered '2' in the 'Timer' field parameters).

Oddly, this setup worked perfectly when I was using the ancient TRLE, so I'm wondering if things changed with NGLE?

Besides that, the door ultimately will open just fine
You know what I love, how its been over TEN years and every problem in this thread is still an issue thats never been fixed